Skyrim Interesting article about a couple big modders

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
There were orgies planned but got cut out from release version? :p

Yea... I'll die before seeing it in a game...

Interesting stuff. I had heard about a few of those features earlier but didn't know they were already in the code. The economy thing had been rumored before, about how the farms would actually grow food, transport it via trade routes and the entire economy would be dynamic. Sort of like Radiant AI (which they never truly were able to implement to my knowledge in their games yet), it probably was hard to do and they scrapped it.

Cool stuff, though. Bethesda should employ some more modders to help them create the base game.

If TESes games (specially from Morrowind onwards) are still being largely played, this is mostly due to modders. I may be mistaken here, but I think Arthmoor was behind the team who brought us Oblivion Unofficial Patches too.
I used to play Oblivion with UOP and OOO mods installed. It is never too much to say "thank you" to people like Arthmoor, George Oscuro, SureAI, Brumbek, Vurt and a lot of many modders and teams, who dedicated (or still do) a large part of your time to bring us free, nice additions to the games we love and play.

Side note #1: why Apollo Down took his mod off from Nexus ? Was Nexus supporting Trump in any way ?

Side Note #2: Crpgnut, I think you should add Vurt in your signature's MIA list. He made great flora mods for Oblivion and Skyrim but he hasn't posted here in a while. Any news of him ?

Apollo just seemed to get increasingly hacked off with all the alt-right/redpill/gamergate types, that became particularly aroused and active around the election. There was some trolling, and it all snowballed a bit. I think he just had a gutfull of those people. Hopefully his faith in humanity will eventually return, and he'll be back.

Apollo just seemed to get increasingly hacked off with all the alt-right/redpill/gamergate types, that became particularly aroused and active around the election.
Correct but I can label the modder as one of the far-left/bluepill/white knight types.:biggrin:
There was some trolling, and it all snowballed a bit. I think he just had a gutfull of those people. Hopefully his faith in humanity will eventually return, and he'll be back.
Well I wouldn't bet on that as the modder made a stand to never return to modding on Reddit. Hopefully someone who has the mods can host them on a different site.

So the guy ends up taking down his mods because of Trump. Thats insanely stupid. :D

Well, it's his mods, and his to do with as he pleases. He's not getting paid for any of it, so it's all down to personal motivation - if that takes a hit, time to quit. Simple.

He's kind of a douche anyway and this isn't the first time he's had his panties in a twist.
I agree it is his stuff though. I'm not going to stop playing Skyrim because CWO isn't in it. In fact, I played through some of it and found it detracted from the rest of the game, so I uninstalled. Still, it is an ambitious effort.

Maylander sure he can do with his own creations as he likes. I was just thinking: Omg aren't we suffering enough from Trump, do we really need to ruin videogames because of him. When I play skyrim, I don't want to be reminded of stupid irl crap like Donald Trump. But then some douche modder decides to remove a very popular mod because of him. Its just insane. :p

Trump will make modding community great again. ( When you think about it, Trump fits in any scenario).

Back
Top Bottom