Sands of Salzaar - English EA Version launched

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The English EA version of Sands of Salzaar is out now:

Background Story

This is a fantastical tale of an exotic land. The Old Empire which once ruled the desert has fallen, leaving various tribes to fight for control of their world. Little do they know of the seeds of darkness which grow in the shadows with each passing day...

Game Features

Epic War & Strategy:
Recruit and train your soldiers for both large-scale battles and skirmishes. Customize your hero's skills to become a martial arts master, powerful archmage, and more. Manage your resources, ally with different factions, and command your troops in real-time to win.

Explore a Dynamic Open World:

Roam across a giant map to encounter various characters, take on quests, explore dungeons for loot, and uncover tons of secrets behind this sprawling desert...

A New Adventure Every Time You Play:
With each playthrough, you become stronger and discover different questlines, using Legacy points to unlock bonus characters, abilities, and rare items.

Full Modding Support:
Shape your own desert adventure with a full set of mod development tools. Discover hundreds of Steam mods already available featuring large-scale campaigns, multiplayer maps, characters, perks, and more!
More information.

So the early access roadmap is completed:
en_updated.png

But why is the game still in early access?

Most likely to make the English version and things like mod support ready.

So the early access roadmap is completed:

But why is the game still in early access?
I agree according to that roadmap the last English update finished the game.

Weird that it's still in Early Access…o_O

Last edited:
(And the game is the cost of a fancy Starbucks latte at $9 American, I might just have to get this and check it out at that price.)

WOW! Looks very nice and intriguing! This is exactly the game where turn-based is impossible. :-ooOo

It's kind of mhe. Mediocre.

Nothing like Kenshi, nothing like M&B. Nothing like Romance of 3K.

It's diablo-id crossed with basic RTS and some base building. Incredibly grindy. Lack of quality of life features like quest tracking.

The battles are just bad. Your troops are running around like headless chickens and your hero just clicks enemies.

I had some fun for about 5 hours so worth the current price.

I have tried the game for a couple of hours this week.

Many aspects remind me of Mounts & Blades : Interaction with the nobles, towns, factions. How you recruit new troops. When you are on the map, it's fairly similar. Perhaps a bit more rpg-esq. It's pretty fun going around, exploring the map, amass troops, gold and items. It still needs some work on the balance, however, but it seems already interesting and fun.

Combats are very different, however. There are two types of combats. The most common is the one that involve all your troops. They are a confusing mess where it's difficult to find your character and do anything meaningful until late in the battle where the result have been already pretty decided. When you start a new game, it's not too bad since you have just a few troops with you and you fight similar enemies… But as soon as you leave the "new player zone", those combats get pretty boring.

The second type of battle are much more interesting. They involve just Heroes characters. They are much more interesting. It's easier to have an impact and the different skills are fun to toy with. I just wish I could pause the game so I could take the time to think and plan the combat a little bit more. I guess A-RPG fans like it this way but for that type of top-down pov games, I like them a little bit more tactical.

Back
Top Bottom