Lexip: Mouse with 2 internal joysticks

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-and-versatile-gaming-mouse-ever/description

The first ever 3D mouse made JUST for gamers. We merged two joysticks into one mouse for the ultimate gaming experience.

I have absolutely no idea what kind of gamer would use this as it doesn't contain box/triangle/circle/X nor ABXY buttons.

Initially I ought to put it in bs thread, but after some thought seems to me that this thing could have it's practical use as a working tool in different nongame related design business, in betatesting and simulations. Another possibility is military application as superior form of drone&camera control when packed with a portable surface.

Whatever, there it is. Your call.

That is indeed one very strange looking mouse. However, I will say that the kickstarter page is one of the most concise and full of answered questions that I've ever seen in a project. I'd wish them much success, but they've already crushed their goal so they don't require my well-wishes.

I don't have any use for it... but I still kinda want one.

Hahaha yeah I feel the same way, wifey bought me a controller for Christmas over two years ago so I don't need this new fangled mousey/controller thingy, but if anything of mine breaks in the near future this is the kind of replacement I might actually give a shot.

Jayz2Cents made a sponsored video about it. Somewhat interesting but I guess for gamers mostly pointless, even for flight sims.

The issue is that it will be too hard to handle, for example moving the mouse with keeping the exact same angle of your hand and so on.

There are three "player" quotes on that page, and they all start with the same few words. Coincidence?

Yeah, I can't really see this being a winner. It looks cool at first glance, but what it gains in multi-axis convenience, it loses in precision. Maybe it will find favour with modelers, but I can imagine the lack of precision being a frustration there, too.

Looks pretty awesome.

I can imagine using the thumb stick to move my view around. I wouldn't have to lose my "aim" by edge-scrolling or take my left-hand fingers off ability keys like 1234 qwer. Great for RTS or MOBA style.

For Elite: Dangerous I could definitely use two joysticks. Vertical strafing could be on thumb stick, turning could me WASD, rolling could be on the hand-stick. I dunno, I'd have to experiment with it a bit.

For browsing the web I could imagine the stick replacing a scroll wheel with L/R scrolling.

The more I look at the actual device, the more I'm certain it would be way too complicated for simplistic ole me. But, for those that like the new tech and will use it, I wish them only the best.

Back
Top Bottom