Cyberpunk 2077 - Gamescom Gameplay Video

That being said: I'm somewhat surprised about the hype. The game is years away from release, and even the mainstream media can't stop going on about how it'll blow every other game out of the water.

I saw a guy on another forum yesterday say: "it's the sequel to TW3, of course I'm hyped".

I'm not sure if the game is going to be what he expect or if he understand that the Cyberpunk IP has nothing to do with The Witcher IP.

I saw a guy on another forum yesterday say: "it's the sequel to TW3, of course I'm hyped".

I'm not sure if the game is going to be what he expect or if he understand that the Cyberpunk IP has nothing to do with The Witcher IP.

Oh, wow. People expecting TW4 might be in for a surprise..

I'm ready for a nice 45 minute video of non-combat stuff. Combat is flashy but it doesn't make it an RPG. I'd like to see much more dialog, skill increases, weapon modifications, augs, etc.

Jack's voice acting is bad. Ready to kill him after 30 seconds of his dialog. If that's the best they have, then it's gonna be horrible. Anyone know if he's a primary companion/romance option? God, I hope not. The writing in general seems to be a major step down from W3 so far. Alpha though.

I think I'll be muting the dialog at this point. Too much unnecessary cursing for my tastes. I don't mind the occasional curse word but more than one a minute is quite excessive. Hopefully my V can hang with the more educated crowd and skip most of that noise. I don't mind some, but not at the current rate.

I loved all the doodads and I hope to find tons of loots :D Love the nudity too. It's nice to have games that aren't afraid to show skin. Steam has been moving away from nudity/sex recently, so Cyberpunk will force them to drop that idea. Steam won't allow GoG to reap all of the 2077 sales :D

Jack's voice acting is bad. Ready to kill him after 30 seconds of his dialog. If that's the best they have, then it's gonna be horrible. Anyone know if he's a primary companion/romance option? God, I hope not. The writing in general seems to be a major step down from W3 so far. Alpha though.

From what I understand, we don't really have companions in Cyberpunk. I guess people will join you for certain missions, but they're only with you temporarily.

I think many people were forgiving because they simply liked the game a lot despite those things not because of them. That's the only conclusion I can come to.

I'm sure it is :)

My point was that maybe they would actually like other games for similar reasons if they kept themselves open in those cases as well, because in reality maybe those things aren't as bad as they're made out to be.

One example would be that I think joxer might actually like Prey and get a great experience, if only he could get past his absurdly obsessive dislike of respawns. When those respawns aren't in a game called Witcher 3, that is.

But maybe I'm wrong, who knows :)

I have no idea to be honest. I get that you think there's some kind of conspiracy against Bioware around here, but I don't think it's that complicated. A lot of people here just aren't very fond of their more recent games. It is what it is.

Yeah, just like Silver Coin must be a troll and doesn't just simply dislike what he's seeing, right? ;)

I don't think there's a conspiracy. Just a bunch of entitled whiny gamers who've preconditioned themselves towards dislike, based on something that's largely inside their head.

Then there are more reasonable people who simply don't care for what Bioware is doing.

The majority seem to think it "looks" really good. I didn't see anyone trying to make factual sounding statements though. Well, other than Silver Coin and his usual bullshit.

Well, I guess I'll have to take your word for that :)

Last edited:
I usually prefer 3rd person POV, so I'm not sure I can handle 200 hours of 1st person, but I will most certainly be giving it a go, as it looks fantastic.

That being said: I'm somewhat surprised about the hype. The game is years away from release, and even the mainstream media can't stop going on about how it'll blow every other game out of the water.

Well, one might say mainstream media are like puppets in that way. Most people tend to fall into the same sort of pattern.

People are rarely comfortable speaking against the grain - and those that are, tend to overdo it, I find.

So, I'm not exactly shocked to see the hivemind at work in this way - and, thankfully, it's not for something that's not at least partially deserving of it.

I mean, it's not Avatar - that's for certain :)

But there's no denying the video in question looks great - I just don't think there's much sense or benefit in blowing it out of proportion so long before release.

Well, of course it will help CDPR - but that's about it, as fans risk setting themselves up for quite the disappointment.

That said, I'm very unsure when this is going to come out. Didn't I recently hear it was playable from start to finish? Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean it's close to release - but it does mean most of the content is probably in place.

Based on the video, I'd say the gameplay is pretty solid already. Not entirely polished - and I'm sure they have stuff to figure out.

So, unless they have some special process where they go overboard with the iteration - like Blizzard - I could see it releasing at the end of 2019.

Some comments from the developers about the video:

Reading between the lines, it seems they compromised a lot based on limited console hardware.

That's really unfortunate, but of course quite inevitable when wanting to appeal as wide as possible.

Yeah it has to said again a 2019 release is very possible given new information.:)

New interview from a few days back adds more weight to a 2019 release.

Link - https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/23/cyberpunk-2077-daylight-interview/
Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development for at least six years and its team recently hit a major milestone: The entire game is playable from start to finish. It doesn't have all of the proper assets, playtesting or bug fixes in place, but seeing the story come together is a critical step in the development process, Borzymowski said.
CDPR had an investor call today where they said to expect the game to release next year indirectly. They said to expect a similar timeframe to TW3 between their big demo reveal (at E3 2014) and its release (in May 2015). They also said that Cyberpunk 2077 development is going faster than TW3 was.

uQGRk4X.jpg

All that image does is remind me of how old the original Witcher is. Still it's humbling to see how small the devolper was at one time compared to how the company looks today.

witcher-3-gamescom-2014-booth-waiting-lines-1024x576.jpg

Sorry couldn't find a Cyberpunk 2077 image from Gamescom.

Its been 14 years since W1 and I feel old now!

I too have grown in that 14 years but not in the way I like :p

Sorry couldn't find a Cyberpunk 2077 image from Gamescom.
There was no booth in the public area. But here is the booth in the non-public area:
m_Cyberpunk_Gamescom_2018_Booth.jpg

The waiting ares was converted into a bar:
m_Cyberpunk_waiting_area2_Gamescom_2018.jpg

Where they had some animated projections on a wall that was supposed to be a view on Night City.
m_Cyberpunk_waiting_area1_Gamescom_2018.jpg

Images with more resolution can be found in our gallery.

Oh and this is what I got, just for being there:
m_Cyberpunk2077_Statue_Gamescom_2018.jpg

Can't believe they had almost the whole floor. That had to cost a lot?

m_Cyberpunk_Gamescom_2018_Booth.jpg

Not bad usually you get t-shirts or other goods.

apparently you do not want to believe the people from CDPR and you don't want to believe Mike Pondsmith either. That is fine, but it doesn't make you very believable to me, as I am not convinced that they are just spawning lies to fool us.

I did believe Mike Pondsmith that it would be a true RPG and faithful adaption of Cyberpunk 2020. Then I watched this 50 minute gameplay preview.

What they showed in that 50 minutes is a game that looks nothing like the Cyberpunk 2020 P&P game, but one that has a lot in common with looter-shooters and GTA V.

I wouldn’t have a problem with that, but I realized most gamers would be resistant to that. I supposed they could just not have enemies get headshots on the player character. Similar to when they have 1 shot stealth kills in some games

It worked in fear and other shooters. It could be managed by limiting bullet time so you wouldn’t have time to clear an entire room. Have helmets that take 2-3 shots or even robotic enemies that could take more shots. I assume that’s a thing in cyberpunk?

Exactly what I meant but worded better.

One think I like about survival mode in FO4 is you have some of this sense of danger. My character can only take a few hits to go down and a head shot always kills him. Likewise many of my head shots can take down an enemy. Probably why I enjoy the combat so much. it is very high risk but for both player and enemy. Course I also play a glass cannnon type of sniper character. My tank melee guy can take more punishment. Still it feels about right.

Hoping C2077 gets this balance right as well.

I'm usually not into figurines, but this makes me a tad bit envious. I looooove the first Cyberpunk trailer. The mood, the scene, the music. I regularly rewatch it just for the atmosphere it creates.

I dunno. A hot lady in lingerie, with scythes for hands. Sounds like one of my troubled dreams.

As the video shows, V has them as well.

This is getting derailed by usual "suspects" ( still butthurt over Witcher :p) who confuse their own bias with rational objectivity.

Watching this the second time. Character models look amazing up close, easily one of the best in char creation.

They confirmed it's WIP, but I'm seeing a lot of options: scars, piercings, skin mods, eye mods, surface wiring, etc. Not 100% sure about different body types, we'll see.

How it's integrated reminds me a little bit of Mass Effect.

Love initial outfit ( and huge variety we see in npcs), CDPR per usual, nails in art department.

I think they nailed the setting 100%: juxtaposition of style, attitude with violence and oppression. Nice detail: even half dead, they inform you, medical bill is only 90% covered by TT insurance.

Seems some of dialogue options include hand emotes, this was a nice touch.

Back
Top Bottom