What should Celerity's title be?

• Celerity, Champion of Honest Development.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celerity, Exposer of Corruption.

• Celerity.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just wanted to chime in. I've invested 16 hours in Darkest Dungeon, and you do a good job, Celerity, in illustrating many of its flaws. Yeah, it could have been a better game. It could have been an all time classic. Still, despite those flaws I've enjoyed the time I've invested in the game and don't regret supporting it on kickstarter. It would have been great if they had invested more time and funds developing more opponents. And some classes could have been improved. Just because they made some bad decisions, doesn't in my opinion, though make Darkest Dungeon a scam.

Yes, lots of triple A devs are doing the same thing. We already know they're shit and largely ignore them, that's why indie became relevant in the first place. I mean let's just be honest, if those graphically superior titles were in any way good most people would not look at 2D art or sprite graphics etc.

As for me, I'm very blunt. The world needs more harsh honesty even if it triggers a few millenials. If that pisses people off, I honestly don't care. I'm saying harsh things about a game, and its devs/community that have actually happened. These are not baseless personal attacks.

As for the sales, well they got a lot of front loaded sales based on false advertisement. They rapidly dropped off after, particularly post 7/15 despite frequent and drastic sales and constant clickbait from the usual corrupt journos. It's also a very grindy game so telling me people spend a while on it (provided they don't refund it, which wasn't available on release) doesn't mean anything.

I mean let's just be honest, if those graphically superior titles were in any way good most people would not look at 2D art or sprite graphics etc.

That's not true. I love pixel graphics. I also enjoy playing beautiful 3D AAA games, but my dream games would all use pixely sprite graphics.

As for me, I'm very blunt. The world needs more harsh honesty even if it triggers a few millenials. If that pisses people off, I honestly don't care. I'm saying harsh things about a game, and its devs/community that have actually happened. These are not baseless personal attacks.

Why is it that everyone without the skills or patience to deal with people claim this? No, the world doesn't need more harshness. It doesn't need anything. But there are clearly better ways to convince people than raving and when they don't take you seriously claim that your methods are needed.

I don't intend for this to seem harsh ( ;) ), you seem like a good guy in non-DD related topics.

I never said everyone was a graphics whore. I'm not. I still would have never looked at indie games until triple A titles became no longer synomyous with triple A quality.

And as for "lacking the skills and patience". I understand people just fine, I just won't accomodate some easily triggered, sheltered little kid. More importantly, it's an easy way of filtering out people who can't separate messenger from message. Anyone caught on my harsh presentation is incapable of logic, so I know I shouldn't waste my time. The people that realize I have a point, even if they call me a dick are people I can have an actual conversation with. Lastly, the more people that get caught on my attitude the more I deliberately amplify it, which is why I seem like a very different person when discussing almost anything else.

Wow, that was really really long. Addressing only one of your many points,
It reached the point where there were literally only negative reviews and negative reviews of the negative reviews. No one could say anything positive about the game, and many people noticed and commented on this.

A *lot* of people like this game, and they like it a lot. Do you think that's down to really successful marketing? To delusional reviewers (several people did point out design flaws in those reviews)? To censorship of the forums?

Current user reviews are at 86% and right now they're developing for consoles, which will undoubtedly net them several more million dollars.

There's nothing wrong with disliking the game, but claiming that it is empirically worthless at this point is kind of pointless. Also, if you want people to read your reviews you need to bring them in at under 10,000 words.

With Celerity being banned, it is a bit difficult to respond....

Back
Top Bottom