InSomnia: The Ark - Release Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming The release trailer for INSOMNIA: The Ark.

HeroCraft and Studio Mono have revealed a brand new launch trailer for their upcoming dieselpunk RPG, INSOMNIA: The Ark, which will launch for PC via Steam on September 27th. The new trailer gives players the best taste yet of the labour-of-love RPG, eight years in the making at Samara, Russia-based developer Studio Mono.

[...]

More information.

Can't wait to play wait to play but Kingmaker: Pathfinder is also released this month on the 30th. That's not counting my backlog of other games I have to finish either.

Between this and Kingmaker, Kingmaker will win for me. Only one more week and it's char-building time!

Yeah, if this is at the top end of what it could be, I'd be very interested. The other two are slightly bumming me out with their cartoony style.

Looks really interesting. And sci-fi to boot! Bloody elves can go f*** themselves. :)

Its interesting to compare their new videos to initial KS pitch. Older video seems to be a little more darker and rusty… while in new videos they have different filters for different locations. Im not sure if NPCs are that much better looking now...

Bad image, but its Insomnia KS vïdeo

Its interesting to compare their new videos to initial KS pitch. Older video seems to be a little more darker and rusty… while in new videos they have different filters for different locations. Im not sure if NPCs are that much better looking now…

Bad image, but its Insomnia KS vïdeo
Yeah but the game went through a reboot.:thinking:

One of the updates talked about the changes, and part of that was the combat change. It seems to have gone from some type of turn-based to a more hack & slash.

That's why I'm skeptical this will be any good. They should of known at the beginning of the project whether they wanted to create a turn-based game or an ARPG.

Really liking the music/ambiance here. Sort of 80's rock feel to it.

The reason behind the difference between old and new videos is simple. They were made by different people. All videos now are made with help of our publisher, since we don't have time for this type of activity anymore (too busy finishing the game).

The game was never intended to be turn-based, the only difference is that initially we had isometric camera in our minds but after we switched to UE4 it didn't work that good so we changed it to 3d person.

And I wouldn't call the combat mechanics hack&slash. This tactic will bring you nowhere and you'll probably die in a few seconds :D.

And I wouldn't call the combat mechanics hack&slash. This tactic will bring you nowhere and you'll probably die in a few seconds :D.
Well apologizes on my end but you did post an update years ago about the game being changed. As for combat your original demo & pitch video is different compared to now.

So it has nothing to do with who makes your videos. Also I don't play beta or Early Access games as they ruin a game. So I haven't played your game since the early demo.

Basically I'll form my final opinion when I play the full version this month.

Who cares? Lots of Kickstarted games end up being different from their initial vision.

In this case, I think the changes were for the better. I'd have very little, if any, interest in this game if they had stuck to using an isometric view. The 3rd-person view + real-time combat are a definite plus in my book.

The reason behind the difference between old and new videos is simple. They were made by different people. All videos now are made with help of our publisher, since we don't have time for this type of activity anymore (too busy finishing the game).

Ok. When I look at the gameplay video it looks mostly ok, but I think you need a little bit more contrast in game. For example
11:45 - this location is generally too bright IMHO, needs more contrast in dark corners.
13:10 - lighting seems somewhat off. NPC stands near the fire that should be main source of light here. But its diminished because of not very good general lighting. Where are darker shadows at the back wall? Whole scene is muddy brown.

BTW questions…
Can I ride that vehicle/machine at 14:14? :)

Couchpotato said:
you did post an update years ago about the game being changed. As for combat your original demo & pitch video is different compared to now.

Well, they diminished the role of companions. I remember some morale system mentioned so together with different camera that could lead to false impression that its going to be CRPG. But there is no turn based combat in the original video.

Maybe its less tactical now that it could be but as Insomnia dev said I wouldnt say there is no tactics involved. :)

Back
Top Bottom