Fallout: The Frontier - Released

Started watching Al Chestbreach to see if this is something worth reinstalling F:NV for and in the first 30 seconds they spell pamphlet "pamplet" twice. Not a great first impression. Part of those years of mod development should be devoted to proofreading, that's all I'm saying.

I had stopped following development once the release happened, so when the following was brought to my attention I was quite shocked.

The mod has been hidden by developers pending their efforts to review portions for pedophilia content by one of its [now banned] contributors.

Hidden at 27 Jan 2021, 8:27PM by weijiesen for the following reason:
Some deeply concerning news has emerged in the past few hours. We have been recently notified that one of our developers, ZuTheSkunk, had posted animated pedophillic content on their personal artist accounts. The items in question are deeply disturbing to the entire team, and we condemn them in the strongest sense. ZuTheSkunk has since been removed from the Development Team and banned off of our Community Discord. We will be conducting dialogue with members of the development team to hear their thoughts regarding the current situation and help make our decision more informed. We have stopped production and work on the mod to address the current events properly. More measures will be undertaken and a more detailed address will be posted soon.
The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed both in the mod, and outside of it, belong solely to the authors who write them, and not to the mod's organization, community, or other group or individual.

hBp30a8.png

Pftt..old news. The mod is dead after they re-upload on the Nexus & release it on Steam.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061630653&postcount=53

The whole drama started because one of the main mods released disturbing my little pony drawings. After that he was blamed for more inappropriate game content.

So to reiterate no living child was harmed it was 2d drawings on his personal art page. If I was that modder I would start suing people/media outlets over slander and other lies.

Attachments

• wcJfEpX.png
    wcJfEpX.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 42
I did have a quick look at some of the shenanigans, as the whole thing seemed so bizarre. I've no idea where the truth lies, but there is a suggestion that "ZuTheSkunk" wasn't actually responsible for the creepy content in the game. He worked on the mod, and has been found to be into some dodgy stuff outside of that, which has caused them to dissociate from him, but they may also have tried to blame him for stuff in the game that they were aware of/responsible for.

So, I'm not quite sure how much sympathy is due.

My (far from fully verified) understanding is that ZuTheSkunk contributed art to the mod but was not responsible for any of the story or writing. And that writing is chock full of things like sex with a Deathclaw, sex with drugged out lizard people, sex with a literal sex slave (who is "barely" 18), etc, etc.

And the objectionable stuff is only the tip of the iceberg. Apparently there are also a large number of scenes that are direct, word for word, shot for shot ripoffs of various movies.

All in all, I'm glad I wasn't very interested in this project to begin with.

Yes, it all sounds like an epic charlie foxtrot. At least it seems to be entertaining the internet.

I wonder if it will get pulled completely because so many contributors demand to have their work removed. I'm sure there are some folks who contributed work in good faith, and it sucks for them.

Started watching Al Chestbreach to see if this is something worth reinstalling F:NV for and in the first 30 seconds they spell pamphlet "pamplet" twice. Not a great first impression. Part of those years of mod development should be devoted to proofreading, that's all I'm saying.

Aye donut no watt ewe meen bye this :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom