The "I Just Bought" thread - Page 50 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The "I Just Bought" thread

Default The "I Just Bought" thread

May 10th, 2021, 10:06
Regarding this picture : We had an English language teacher who did quite the same thing !
A whole board full of sentences , arrows, brackets and what not !
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

May 10th, 2021, 17:19
I bought a nice, portable mini-stereo that can hold a charge for quite some time, to enjoy out on the porch. Hopefully the neighbors don't mind too much!!~ It should be here just in time for the upcoming weekend.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

May 24th, 2021, 15:46
Just grabbed a new 11" iPad Pro (2021 edition with M1 chip) along with the 'Magic keyboard' (that includes backlit keys and trackpad) and Apple Pencil. Not sure about the Pencil yet - have to work on actually using it - but love the keyboard and the M1 iPad is just insanely powerful. Divinity Original Sin 2 is crazy good (looks and performance) on this thing!
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

May 24th, 2021, 18:14
After having my life threatened two weeks ago, I had to find another way to get groceries, since I'm unable to drive. So, long story short, I just found a way to have groceries delivered to my home.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

May 26th, 2021, 17:47
Why not grow your own onions, carrots, tomatos, too ?
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 26th, 2021, 19:35
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
After having my life threatened two weeks ago, I had to find another way to get groceries, since I'm unable to drive. So, long story short, I just found a way to have groceries delivered to my home.
What happened??

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

May 26th, 2021, 21:17
I allowed my brother to park his boat at my home, for the past twenty months. The deal was, he'd help me with some chores around my home, and I'd not charge him rent. In those twenty months, he did exactly two chores at my home, taking in total time less than an hour to accomplish. Last month, I informed him that I'd be charging rent instead, using those collected funds to finance an odd-man hire to get some needed work done at my home. When I had him and my mum over for Mother's day supper, he blew up (keep in mind this was about three weeks after the new agreement was in place, with no mentioning of him being against it), and threatened my life not once, but twice. Shortly after that, he also threatened me via texts, and also an ex-wife of mine, the mother of my child.

I went on record and called the police. I declined charges, yet filed a report and backed it up with five witness statements from neighbors. Now, according to the rest of my family, I'm the villain because I involved the police. Again, as of now I've not pressed charges nor invoked a restraining order, although both are certainly still on the table. To the rest of my family living in the area, I now seem to be persona non grata. Three days ago, the boat was finally removed from my property. And that's where we stand today.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

May 26th, 2021, 21:38
Wow, that's a pretty crazy reaction from his part. I can understand that circumstances may put pressure on someone and make him prone to aggressive reactions, but to threaten relatives… that's something else.

Those problems always seem more difficult when family is involved, don't they? Let's hope it settles down and that everybody finally forgets about it. If he removed his boat, and I assume, stopped the threats, maybe at least it shows that it won't escalate? I hope so for you anyway.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

May 27th, 2021, 22:18
Sorry to hear that - I don't like the sound of that at all.

FWIW, I'd say that's seriously abusive, and I think it's essential to make clear the boundaries and consequences for that sort of behaviour. To say that it should be kept in the family - that's just colluding with the abuse. Death threats are serious business, and he should be glad you were rational enough to merely call the police.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
+1:

June 5th, 2021, 19:56
Another picture disc:

Did you know how hard it is to find classical-music picture discs? Neither did I. Did you know you can order custom vinyl picture discs that aren't copyrighted? Neither did I until I made ol' Beethoven above, though I stole the free-to-use image from the Web. I found this old picture disc for Strauss:

I wasn't looking for Strauss, but I had figured out how hard they were to find at that point, and I kind of liked the cartoon orchestra on the B side, though I'm just noticing now the creepy trombonist appears to have groped the buxom oboist next to him. You'd get yourself Me-Too'ed for that these days, creepy cartoonish trombonist:

I thought it'd be easier to find a Mozart, considering his popularity, but it still wasn't easy:

I'm guessing it's some gift-shop item from one of Mozart's former residences, or something like that. Maybe one of our many German-speaking members can correct me on that. Lots of words legible on the B side, if you zoom in:

Turns out you can put a digital image on damn near anything these days, which I'm sure many of us already knew, but I was still surprised to find you can even order a custom slipmat for your turntable:

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

June 5th, 2021, 21:29
Oh, and caveat emptor: The custom Beethoven is only one-sided with 17 minutes of music, I think it was, unfortunately. I'm guessing that has something to do with the cost or practicalities of cutting and pressing the vinyl. I'm guessing it was the same kind of cutting reason for why I had to order two slipmats, so I also got this one for the days I'm not feeling so zen:

…the goal and the reality.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

June 6th, 2021, 12:08
Salzburg is a beautiful town,
but totally overrun by tourists in the european summer months !

I had been there for a day in 2017, and ist was sol fuill … Full of Asian Tourists as well … Like the Königssee ["King's Lake"], too …
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 12th, 2021, 02:11
Bought a new PC! It should ship in early August with a 3080 and an AMD 5600.

I double checked and it did say August of 2021. Hope that's true.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
+1:

June 12th, 2021, 07:11
When I first read this I thought you wrote it would ship in August 3080!! Might too!!!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
+1:

June 12th, 2021, 11:36
A small Lemmings figurine from Game Stop. I played Lemmings so long ago … this was a so much different age of gaming than now.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 20th, 2021, 20:06
Recently I bought Vortex Optics Viper HS- Riflescope at hunting topic and It has a long-lasting body.

calebjewell01

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 27th, 2021, 21:01
Finally convinced myself to get my dream chair. The Herman Miller Aeron. Working from home really made it a no-brainer. I'm reached the phase where I spend around 12h in the same chair. It was time.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

June 27th, 2021, 22:20
I'm going to need a new chair soon. I similarly spend most of my day in one. These are nice, huh? Comfortable? How much weight are they rated to support?

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

June 27th, 2021, 23:22
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I'm going to need a new chair soon. I similarly spend most of my day in one. These are nice, huh? Comfortable? How much weight are they rated to support?
Mine hasn’t reached me yet. But I hear they’re great. I read they’re tested at a max around 150kg. More than enough for me.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

June 27th, 2021, 23:38
I've had one for nearly twenty years, and it's still going.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The "I Just Bought" thread