Arcanum - Cinematics Enhanced to 4K

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
МУЛЬТ Ex Machina has implemented all Arcanum cinematics to 4K through the use of neural networks. A post on RPGCodex explains how you can add these cinematics to your version of Arcanum. If you wish to support the creator of this work you can visit his patreon here.

Hello, People!

I have prepared something for you
icon_smile.gif

So, recently I've worked with Arcanum Multiverse Team to implement Supa-Dupa High Quality Videos into the game...
... and it works!
icon_smile.gif

Also it should work for any other Arcanum compilation with resolution mod.

At first you should look at that video on my channel:

If you are satisfied with the quality, then go to my google-drive and dowload the folder with your preferred resolution.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zCgfQx3viY7OAx44jGBHkNOouW_WlR8Y?usp=sharing

1) Copy all folders from the downloaded folder into the root folder of the game, replacing old files.

2) Copy all folders from "ENG" folder, replacing four (4) videos to make it English (by default they are in Russian)

3)
argh.gif
IMPORTANT
argh.gif
Cimematics resolution MUST be equal or less, than your Arcanum resolution, otherwise you will get a crash!!!

4) Enjoy the game videos up to 3840x2160
icon_smile.gif

If you want to return to 800x600 cinetmatics - repeat the steps above with "800x600" folder. Cinematics in it are compatible with oroginal game, but still have the improved quality and framerate.

I have used neural networks and other software to "polish" these videos. Also you can check my channel - there are mostly upscaled and "polished" movies in Ukrainian (i'm ukrainian) and Russian, but also some others including game cinematics.

Also if there is a demand for other resolutions - I can encode and upload them to google-drive.

P.S.: I have 2K display, so I could't test it in 4K, but everything should be fine.
P.P.S.: If you like my work, you can visit patreon or order something personally (my prices are good)
More information.

If only they could convert the entire game to 4k like Diablo 2. That would be awesome. I have fond memories about Arcanum.

And make the combat a little more exciting.

Personally I have no issue with anything about the game ... but compatibility and graphics could use a refresh :)

This is one game I wish Beamdog could pick up and do the same stuff they did with the old "infinity engine" games. It would be like a worthy replacement of the sourcecode-missing IWD2. ;)

Wouldn't it be great if a company picked up this ip and did something with it....someone like inXile....

I'm right there with ya, Feist. I've suggested it to them on more than one occasion. As for any upgrades, I'd much rather see additional content than simply upgraded visuals, I find those almost as weak as audio enhancements. Yet I'm sure some will appreciate the time and effort put into the work.

Gotta love modders but as some point old games need to be officially remastered.

Wouldn't it be great if a company picked up this ip and did something with it….someone like inXile….
Hint..Wink..they actually have such a game in development.:biggrin:

Hint..Wink..they actually have such a game in development.:biggrin:

Oh I know...this would make a weird game in fprpg....all the top hats heheh.

This is one game I wish Beamdog could pick up and do the same stuff they did with the old "infinity engine" games. It would be like a worthy replacement of the sourcecode-missing IWD2. ;)

I'd be happy if a company with actual skills picked it up instead, but this is still a good idea :)

Ouch, that's rather harsh, mate. Those fine folk at Beamdog are rather talented, of course this comes from someone that wins by actually being able to find the on switch for most devices, yet still. =)

Back
Top Bottom