Knights of the Chalice II - Pre-Kickstarter Update

There is one bit of good news for committed fans like us: the token palette is designed to easily be swapped out, so players can replace the awful tokens with characters of any kind. Not animated of course, but there's definitely room for improvement. A quick search shows you can find collections of static fantasy characters online without even infringing anyone's copyright.

Though I'm skeptical this will help Pierre with the Kickstarter.

Can we also reskin the menu interfaces, which look like they were designed by Mad Auntie Maureen?

I bought KotC1 at full price and enjoy alot. My gripe with II is not only the horrible tokens, but also there is no sense of place: you don't see walls, statues, ladders, tables, trees, doors, lights .. etc. - just tiles!

Can we also reskin the menu interfaces, which look like they were designed by Mad Auntie Maureen?

I tried to convince Pierre on the Heroic Fantasy Games (his company)'s forum to change the menu interfaces but no dice. Perhaps the simultaneous screams of 10,000 gamers having their eyes burned will convince him he needs to make a few adjustments.

65caee454290c187d450821fb3daace2.jpg

What's quite nice is that you can already leave comments on his pre-kick starter project, which I've done and I also emailed him as well. Be proactive and speak your mind, the only bad question is the one that's never asked.

And speaking of feedback, I did get a response from Pierre that he is considering putting the first title on some vendor platforms. If he could do that and tie it into the kick starter launch, it really might augment the word of mouth.

I almost never say no to a game with D&D-like combat, but in this case… no.
:nod: Can't get into the whole Battle Of The Tokens thing.

Even Jeff Vogel graphics would be fine...

Back
Top Bottom