Do you (still) eat broccoli?

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I got lucky and my parents never cared for broccoli. Or they didn't like it so we practically never had it when I was young. Interestingly, we had all possible vegetables at the table, all different and all... Won't say yummy, but edible.

I did try it and it's just not good. I hate it and I don't care how many minerals and stuff it has inside. It stinks and it should not be food.

And I had an opportunity to eat it today but I said something like "pass". And everyone was staring at me?! What's wrong with people? And why is this rubbish so popular? Low price maybe?

Your thoughts?

Always hated it. Only way I will eat is if it's covered in melted cheddar cheese. I also hate peas due to a trauma in my youth caused by my Aunt who force feed me them.

Now if it's boiled cabbage with corned beef or sausage I love it.:drool:

try with a stir fry with chicken and lots of sauce and you will love it.

Couch I had a similar encounter with the peas due my father force-feeding me. Today they make me gag. However, I love split pea soup.

It's awful. Most people will admit that. I was forced to eat it growing up because it was a hyped vegetable at the time, and thought to be great for kids and nutrition, etc.
When I became an adult I was happy to stop eating it for good.

It's actually quite decent in a omelette i think, but no, not a favorite. I don't eat it often, maybe once or twice a month…

Recently i got it in powder form together with some other things that are healthy, so now i do "eat" (drink) it daily. I usually drink something else directly afterwards to get rid of the rather awful taste.

I love broccoli. So yummy steamed when you have it with roasted beef or stir fry.

Congrats, you've discovered people have different tastes :)
I'm with purple here. I love broccoli.
Try telling people you don't like beer. They act like you just murdered their god and kicked a puppy at the same time.

Try telling people you don't like beer. They act like you just murdered their god and kicked a puppy at the same time.
I hate beer also especially the American piss water as I like to call it. Rather drink wine, whiskey, bourbon, and other drinks. My favorite is Baileys Irish Cream & Schnapps.:thumbsup:

Broccoli is green, green is bad. Simple see!! :)
American beer is also bad, but it's usually not green except on St. Patrick's day!! :p

Mmm, love me a small portion of broccoli with a meal, it's a great complimentary vegetable, though I agree it's quite a boring taste on it's own and is greatly enhanced by either melted cheese or gravy or pretty much any sauce.

I don't think there's any fruit or vegetable I dislike. Love a bit of broccoli, particularly roasted with a little garlic and lemon.

Its not so bad if you boil it first to make it soft then grill it so it gets crispy

I like it, but I don't eat it that often. Mostly mixed with other vegetables, and / or with potatos.

Broccoli has, by the way, a very special place within DDO. ;)

As a kid - ack! Keep that hideous green snotty stuff away from me! I was sure that it was deliberately trying to choke me whenver I'd try and swallow it.

As an adult - It's fine provided it's cooked or steamed properly to taste. Personally I prefer cauliflower (with a white cream sauce yum!) but that's a whole other story.

Edit:
When I say "snotty" I'm obviously talking about my perception of it as a youngster.
The stuff used to make me sick!

Last edited:
Absolutely! I love it in my salad especially, I truly prefer broccoli cold over heated, that's for sure. I also enjoy cauliflower and kale, I wasn't a big fan of these things as a kid but grew to love them later.

I like broccoli too. I'll eat it raw (in a salad) or steamed most of the time. It is an acquired taste though. I used to hate it also.

The one food I can't even force myself to eat is hominy. It smells like vomit :D

Back
Top Bottom