VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Postponed and New Studio

Well update time everyone.:)

Paradox considered cancelling Bloodlines 2 - RPS
The interview was with a Swedish news agency in Swedish, as seen on Placera. You can get the broad meaning from machine translation but the technology is imperfect, so I reached out to Paradox for a more accurate version of key parts.

"When we removed the game from the original developer we took a long look at whether we should cancel it or continue development," Wester said in the translation Paradox provided. "We were prepared to stop production completely, but we received a pitch that was persuasive enough for us to continue with. We have high hopes that this will be a good game that meets our players' desires."

Paradox still haven't said who has taken over making Bloodlines 2. Wester passed on answering a question about that in this interview, but did say they're "a very reputable and talented developer" who've made several games before. It's also unknown how much the new Bloodlines 2 resembles the old Bloodlines 2, though Wester seemingly said in this interview [currently going off Google Translate for this part, soz] that they can still use much of the work. For all anyone knows, that could mean anything from re-using art assets to picking up where Hardsuit left off. Hard to say when what happened is such a secret.

I watched a documentary about the original Vampire: The Masquerade game, White Wolf Studios and the creative minds behind it. It is really, really sad how absolutely tortured this license is. It's a bizarre story. I think the documentary is called "World of Darkness" and I recommend it to gamers that want to see how a slice of the early tabletop gaming world was designed and played out in the 90's, during the heyday of "The Camarilla" and goth LARPing.

Well at least we now know a well known developer has taking over development. Any guesses? They did mention the new developer has released seven games already.

Whatever hype they had for this game has long since fizzled, and I think a lot of people have understandably wriiten it off at this point. Imo, they're better off not even talking about it until significant progress has been made.

Well at least we now know a well known developer has taking over development. Any guesses? They did mention the new developer has released seven games already.

In the article they said "flera spel" wich means several games not seven

In the article they said "flera spel" wich means several games not seven
The article I quoted said several which usually sounds like 7 in English. Not the first time this happened. Anyway according to a dictionary several means more than two or three.

I bet it's Harebrained Schemes. Just a guess probably not though.

Since the article was in Swedish, the first developer that comes to mind is Starbreeze. But maybe they're just a publisher these days? Anyway, just a wild guess.

The fact that they haven't even announced what studio it is is a bad sign imo. That tells me it's probably not anyone people would get excited about.

I totally have given up on this game. If anything good comes of it I will be pleasently surprised, and I will give Paradox back the money I got from refunding the game. Hairbrain Schemes also seems like a good guess to me, but two things sort of discourage that idea. They haven't made many action or first person games. Obsidian is also an outside possibility, as they have worked with Paradox before. Are there any other action rpg studios that Paradox has worked with before?

I've kept my expectations in serious check for this alleged product from the get-go, so this kind of news isn't disturbing. I still hope we get something eventually, yet would it even come close to being as good as the first game? Because that's a tough act to follow, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom