The Waylanders - Story Preview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a recent update the story of the beginning of The Waylanders is provided.

The Celtic Brigantians are on their way to create an unprecedented alliance with the god-like Tuatha de Danaan- the supernatural rulers of the Isle of Ireland. King Ith and his son, the Prince, are hopeful that this will bring a new era of peace to Europe. You're along on his expedition as either a diplomat, protector, or mercenary depending on your origin.

cadd05201d9b04dc09e82da274c3a1cc_original.png
But, tragedy strikes as the negotiations erupt into chaos. Everyone's lives are in peril- including yours!

In order to allow the royalty to escape, you-- with the help of a Mourian Seer and a Druid named Amergin- manage to hold the line. As you become overwhelmed by the forces of the Tuatha, you realize that you've taken on a suicide mission.

7df8c5cb7ca6c7c28abed86f2ca71516_original.png
Just as you suffer what would otherwise be a death blow, the Seer opens an entrance to the Mourian Underworld. She and Amergin work together, and by combining Mourian and Druidic magicks, they're able to save your life... but at a cost.

a4665c1bcb8a5a519c8d231f7e2417ea_original.png
Parts of your body have been replaced by Mourian metals. And more shocking... you've been untethered from space and time!

You, and you alone, are developing the ability to travel through time.

97a69836f6a507208b82b705a2a6d0b5_original.png
You return home to Brigantia to find the land corrupted. It has been overrun by horrible monsters- creatures of pure chaos and rage! Not only that, but the prince has been unseated by a cruel and unyielding Usurper, who has turned the world of the Celts against all magick-users.

a9ca901a73ed7fc2dd84b198237a9cd8_original.png
By traveling between the Celtic and Medieval eras, you'll discover the source of the monsters, bring peace back to the Celtic realm... and make some friends and lovers along the way!

Now, you know how The Waylanders begins. We hope you like it!
More information.

As said before kickstarter is not what it once was.:disappointed:

Wonder if Fig is doing any better funding games?

Well, the project is half of the way, we have the terrible luck to share campaign month with a really nice one like is Realms Beyond… but we are confident to reach our goal, our last three days were really promising and there's always a big rush in the last 48 hours.

By the way, we still have some updates for the next 10 days and probably another one live broadcasting, if you're curious about any detail to be shown in the next updates feel free to ask for :)

PS: if anyone's curious about the cultural / mythological context about this project, the wiki of the Leber Gabala Erenn (Book of the taking of Ireland) is really nice. It refers to the Milesian civilization, the Thuatha Dé Dannan, Amergin and even the town we are from, A Coruña...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeborGabálaÉreenn

Last edited:
Well, the project is half of the way, we have the terrible luck to share campaign month with a really nice one like is Realms Beyond… but we are confident to reach our goal, our last three days were really promising and there's always a big rush in the last 48 hours.

Definitely unlucky to share same month. I want both, so I really hope campaign is successful.

Too many failed projects (projects that get funded but produce crap). Bet if Divinity x is on kickstarter it still makes 2 million; not sure if people would fund another poe.

Too many failed projects (projects that get funded but produce crap). Bet if Divinity x is on kickstarter it still makes 2 million; not sure if people would fund another poe.
It would as it's the most successful game on Steam and GOG. Lets not forget how Original Sin will affect future games. By that I mean more clones,or copycats.

As for another PoE game it might get funded on FIG again.

I personally wouldn't fund another PoE, but will back Pathfinder: Kingmaker 2 :p

In all seriousness, I was pretty underwhelmed by most of games released now days, so I really don't have incentive to fund anything. And I don't necessarily agree with more games = better as I simply don't have enough time and don't want to waste it on playing stuff I don't really enjoy.

That's cynical me speaking today.... I need coffee lol

Yes @purpleblob we know how you feel about the PoE games.:nod:

Anyway it's better then the fanatical devotion of copper coin. As for me never finished either games yet. So I guess that make me neutral about the PoE games.

As for funding another King Maker I don't know at this point as I'm not fond of buggy messes, but still think the game is enjoyable. Time will tell I guess.

Another game I'm worried about is Wasteland 3 as inXile has been to quiet about it lately. Also it's trying to replicate Original Sin's success as it also has a co-op mode.
Hope you guys do make the goal in the last few days as it seems to be the norm for most Kickstaters nowadays. I just miss the old days before the well got poisoned.

By that I mean the constant pessimism and failed projects.

Hehe sorry @Couchpotato; if I annoyed you with PoE and Kingmaker talk. I admit I'm quite fanatical of Kingmaker but don't think I will reach the level of Copper Coin's craziness with PoE2.

Its shame about games that are decent not getting funded because of failed project but in all honesty it was too easy in the past.

Hehe sorry @Couchpotato if I annoyed you with PoE and Kingmaker talk. I admit I'm quite fanatical of Kingmaker but don't think I will reach the level of Copper Coin's craziness with PoE2.
Not a bother I remember Fluent also use to praise PoE but he changed his mind.
Its shame about games that are decent not getting funded because of failed project but in all honesty it was too easy in the past.
Yeah it used to be you played on nostalgia and offered promises to get funded. Yet certain projects took the money and ran, or released something different.

Heck some games were never finished, but larger developers did deliver at least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom