My List of unreleased "Games to Play"

First person? So only first person are shooter? Make it over the shoulder and it's still no Witcher.

I am not quite what you mean by mentioning shooters.

What I dislike about Witcher 2 and what is afaik also true in W3 to a lesser degree, is that these games also have controls which are usual for 3rd person perspective games.

E.g. you "lock" on your target. Maybe even roll around the enemy. The controls in W2 I found especially enfuriating as they also have quite long non-interruptable animation phases, where you feel being stuck in an animation. While that might be ok for a game you play with a controller, as a mouse and keyboard player, having full control is my baseline. I already hate it if your character doesn't stop immediately in a platformer though you stopped moving. It's not about realism but responsiveness and direct control.

And that's why I am very optimistic that you will have this type of control in Cyberpunk as a control like in a 3rd person perspective will most probably not work well. It might very well suck in other way though. But that we'll see.

In case there is a misunderstanding, here is one mentioning of it being first person:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-it-went-with-first-person-for-cyberpunk-2077
So dialog will use a first person perspective, and the game will banish any sequence involving main character? That's audacious. Otherwise if it works, it's a smart way to skip on the huge investment for character customization. But that's another risk taken.

The core problem of this perspective are:
- The stealth gameplay will hardly be possible, just play Deus Ex to know how non intuitive it will probably be if attempted.
- There won't be any cover game-play. Which is for me a big let down. It's not some frantic gameplay action like some Serious Sam that will fit well a RPG. Moreover I don't see modern fp shooters I really like.

I am not quite what you mean by mentioning shooters.

What I dislike about Witcher 2 and what is afaik also true in W3 to a lesser degree, is that these games also have controls which are usual for 3rd person perspective games.

E.g. you "lock" on your target. Maybe even roll around the enemy. The controls in W2 I found especially enfuriating as they also have quite long non-interruptable animation phases, where you feel being stuck in an animation.
He? How many third person shooters you played? You should play Mass Effect series.

He? How many third person shooters you played? You should play Mass Effect series.

I did...liked the second game. Did neither like the perspective, nor the combat though. And yeah, I would welcome if it's not going to be a "console" cover-shooter.

Back
Top Bottom