What games are you playing now?

At least complete all executioner's sidequests then write it's romantic or romanticized fantasy. There is a mass of more stuff like that - if you need to be spoiled about one, google for Judas achievement.

On the other hand, it's possible killing people is romantic to you.

"Romantic" in my original context does not mean Mexican soaps, my dear Joxer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism

Last edited:
From everything I read the long journey home didn't sell well so they abandoned it instead of fixing it up post release. Perhaps it is better than what I read but I was under the impression it could use some tender love and care.

Dunno, I've been just nibbling on the other games besides Kenshi lately. But I think I'll devote a lot of time to The Long Journey Home next, to play along with Kenshi. Kenshi I'm deep into, the others I just bought and am trying out to see what to play next. I've been looking for a good space game so I thought I'd try some of them to see which one sticks. They are all good but also require a heavy time investment so I have to pick one, for now it's TLJH.

From everything I read the long journey home didn't sell well so they abandoned it instead of fixing it up post release. Perhaps it is better than what I read but I was under the impression it could use some tender love and care.

It's actually pretty good. No bugs so far and the gameplay is fun, but it does require a controller. I tried mouse and keyboard and was having a very hard time maneuvering the ships, but with the Steam controller it's much easier. I'm having fun with the game, just logged a couple hours tonight and I like it so far. It's basically Star Control 2 in a more tight package. Rather than traveling to any star system you basically have a choice of several at a time. Gather resources to keep your ship going, check out alien ruins for rare artifacts and I just met an alien race who I could trade with and shop a bit through their upgrades. I also had some combat due to a quest an alien gave me and it's similar to Star Control 2 there, too. Only downside I saw so far was the lack of ship options. Maybe you have to unlock them (?) but you only get 3 or 4 ship options to start the game and 3 lander choices. Other than that it's been a smooth experience so far.

Thanks Couch, I'll take a look.

I played some Infinite Space actually, on an emulator on my Nvidia Shield tablet. Great little game, but I needed to play more to really see everything it had to offer. Seemed deep for a DS title too.

Enjoying Kingdom Come a bit more now when it has opened up. I find the combat pretty decent, but its of course overhyped since it was a game where combat was the main ingredient, supposedly ultra-realistic etc. It's a very generic combat system that we've seen so many times before.

I love the depressing and cruel atmosphere, you can really feel for some of the characters and you really can't wait to get revenge for this or that. The voice acting and faces are great (i remember reading complaints about them), there's a lot to complain about, but those would be the last on that list.

There's a lot of "find the needle in the haystack" type of quests. Really lacking and boring. Overall the quests are very bad in comparison to most RPG's (i mean them as a game element not the story around them, they can be pretty great here).

The interface choices continues to surprise.. E.g suddenly you pickpocket a person if you hold E (same key you use for talking!). I just pickpockted a person while quite deep into a quest, now i will have to start over. While other times the same key is not used to do very mundane tasks such as going from sitting to standing or open/closing loot. It's rather mind boggling. Similarly sneaking and making a whistle noise is C and X.. lol. it's really like whoever designed the interface wants to make sure he pisses off people as much as he can. I should probably rebind these..

a very generic combat system that we've seen so many times before.
I wonder where exactly so many times before you're dead meat if against a group where you outlevel everyone. Can't wait till you try ranged combat, I bet, also seen so many times before.

I love the depressing and cruel atmosphere
Wait what? I thought it's romantic/romanticized. Not sure if it was you who said that, though, I remember only stopping reading eurogamer's review when they wrote it.

There's a lot of "find the needle in the haystack" type of quests.
We didn't play the same game.

The interface choices continues to surprise.. E.g suddenly you pickpocket a person if you hold E (same key you use for talking!).
Nothing was surprising on my side. I found it easy to adapt to control scheme and couldn't ask for more. Unlike stupid Y0 port where you have to cheat to win silly karaoke for example.

I've tried ranged combat, like always you ramble like a mixture of Yoda and someone in the late stages of dementia, so i have no idea what you mean.

The game has tons of "search the area" quests, which can be very tedious and boring, my least favorite quest type by far. So no, you probably did not play the game if you didn't get these, and often many times in a row. I wouldn't mind if you got 'em 1 out of 10 times, but when its 50/50 its just too much.

Perhaps we should change the name of this thread to 'What game is vurt complaining about now?' ;)

I've praised the game in numerous ways. Graphics, story/atmosphere, NPC faces, voice acting. My constructive criticism has been about the interface and quests.

If people actually gave more constructive criticism for games they like instead of acting like dumb tools or "fanboys" we would end up with better games.

I've praised the game in numerous ways. Graphics, story/atmosphere, NPC faces, voice acting. My constructive criticism has been about the interface and quests.

If people actually gave more constructive criticism for games they like instead of acting like dumb tools or "fanboys" we would end up with better games.

Sure, but there's also a fine line between constructive criticism and whining sometimes.

Sure, but there's also a fine line between constructive criticism and whining sometimes.

I totally agree and i'm all against whining for no good reason. Whining would (imo) be stuff related to e.g graphics, that faces or mouth animations arent perfect.. that not 100% of all the voice acting is top notch, which i have seen people complain about.

It's also personal and i'm personally more annoyed by things related to interface or quests, things that i think matter a lot (as a whole) for a game. A stupid looking NPC face or iffy voice acting in a few places i can take :)

I got to play a little more of the Division 2 beta.

It really is improved in almost every single way, but - on a surface level - it's not going to look very different, and I don't think it's going to appeal that much more to non-Division fans.

That said, it's less bullet spongey - but definitely still an RPG stat-driven game more than a pure shooter.

However, if you're a fan of the first game - I think you're going to really love this one. Some of the changes are very subtle and deal with long-term design changes, and I think a lot of people are missing how different it actually is.

Almost every aspect of the game has been refined and improved. They've managed to both remove a lot of redundant clutter and add a ton of meaningful progression choice.

They've also made a huge effort in terms of making the world feel alive - and I think it's going to be one of the best launch states in terms of endgame content - at least in my experience.

It's going to have a very meaty 40 hour story - and once you complete it, the entire landscape changes - and the world will be invaded by a new faction that's going to present harder and more interesting challenges. In that way, it's almost like two games in one - at least in terms of keeping the interest going.

They've also gone out of their way to make the world interesting to explore, and there are tons of buildings you can enter and find something useful - or something that adds to the lore.

It's staggeringly beautiful in terms of detail and immersion. You really do have to look twice sometimes to realise you're not walking around in a real place.

Based on my time in the demo, they've also managed to get rid of the annoying pop-up for spawns (it was rare, but it happened enough to be distracting in DV1) - and it seems a lot more varied in terms of the environment.

In any case, if you're fan of progression-oriented games - and you enjoy the tactical/realistic take on combat, this is a dream come true.

Not playing much, but I'm planning a nice little gaming break from tomorrow and until tuesday. Anthem is coming out tomorrow evening, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Me neither. Playing much. Reason: on the series/movies I've been postponing for a long time.
Not caring for Destiny 3. Nor any mmo to be precise. The "masterplan" is nailing VC4's all DLC.

Still cavorting through Empire, I've put maybe forty hours into this game now, and when I paid under two dollars for it, I call that a huge win. I believe I might be at the final dungeon now, so I might complete the game later today. If games like the older Final Fantasies are something you enjoy, this product would seriously scratch that itch.

empire? You mean that text based game on linux ?

Still cavorting through Empire, I've put maybe forty hours into this game now, and when I paid under two dollars for it, I call that a huge win. I believe I might be at the final dungeon now, so I might complete the game later today. If games like the older Final Fantasies are something you enjoy, this product would seriously scratch that itch.

Back
Top Bottom