Fallout: The Frontier - Getting a Steam Release

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Fallout: New Vegas mod Fallout: The Frontier will be getting a Steam release.

Fallout: The Frontier is a gigantic DLC/New Game . It's a FREE mod for the PC game : Fallout new Vegas by Obsidian Entertainment, made by a group of passionate on their free time during 6 years.

Story: As the "Courier" (Your character in FNV) you start a new adventure centered around a conflict between the NCR and the Legion in the snow blasted remains of Portland Oregon. Featuring 3 major questlines, 50+ side quests, hundreds of new armours, weapons and items, and thousands of lines of voiced dialogue.
More information.

This is their full announcement on discord:

The mod will not be standalone. It also will not be paid. It will be a steam install that'll install as an exe into your legitimate NV installation and provide an extremely easy install option, including all requirements and patching, for users who want to play the mod without having to learn the basics of modding. This is all a work in progress currently, and does NOT in any way affect the current development of the mod. Please do not make assumptions about how Bethesda has contacted us or spoken to us. We will also be releasing on nexus as a standard mod installation with no EXE installer for users who are already modding their game. Both installs will also feature quick start options to get levelled up for the mod so players don't have to play vanilla NV for a hundred hours just to play The Frontier

This is their full announcement on discord:

The mod will not be standalone. It also will not be paid. It will be a steam install that'll install as an exe into your legitimate NV installation and provide an extremely easy install option, including all requirements and patching, for users who want to play the mod without having to learn the basics of modding. This is all a work in progress currently, and does NOT in any way affect the current development of the mod. Please do not make assumptions about how Bethesda has contacted us or spoken to us. We will also be releasing on nexus as a standard mod installation with no EXE installer for users who are already modding their game. Both installs will also feature quick start options to get levelled up for the mod so players don't have to play vanilla NV for a hundred hours just to play The Frontier

Then I suppose we don't start as a level-1 character, right?

I've always wanted to check it out but never got around to doing it. Maybe it will be different this time

So that's why it was delayed for a while. As the last update from three months ago said it was done. Anyway it's more ambitious then Fallout California at least.

Some videos.

Last edited:
I will give it a try the next time I get the "Gamebryo itch."

Just recently it was scratched by Enderal quite well. But it seems there is enough time till TES VI for it to act up again. Pretty sure the next TES will still be on Gamebryo, hehe. Tried and tested...

Hope they use offsite downloads as well as I have the GOG version.

Hey Couch, different from TES IV Oblivion + Nehrim, this time I have the necessary game version needed to run this mod (F:NV on Steam). :p

Hey Couch, different from TES IV Oblivion + Nehrim, this time I have the necessary game version needed to run this mod (F:NV on Steam). :p
No its called stupid me as I bypassed the earlier post.:lol:

Missed the nexus part of their reply.
We will also be releasing on nexus as a standard mod installation with no EXE installer for users who are already modding their game.
All good now pitchfork being put down.:biggrin:

I will give it a try the next time I get the "Gamebryo itch."

Just recently it was scratched by Enderal quite well. But it seems there is enough time till TES VI for it to act up again. Pretty sure the next TES will still be on Gamebryo, hehe. Tried and tested…
What don't you mean creation engine. Ya know Bethesda heavily modified the now defunct Gamebryo. Yet we all know it's still the foundation of the creation engine.:biggrin:

Anyhow I'm still waiting for a suggestion on a better engine that allows easy modding.

Pretty sure I'll be giving this one a try at some point, especially since it seems to be an easy download/conversion. Even I might be able to figure this one out!

I'm interested, contingent on the quality of the writing and such. It's always nice to see a large, long term mod project realized.

No its called stupid me as I bypassed the earlier post.:lol:

Missed the nexus part of their reply.
All good now pitchfork being put down.:biggrin:

Too late, you bought the pitchfork you keep it.

Back
Top Bottom