Quest For Glory 2 - Available for Download

That would be a BIG NO. I didn't play the VGA all the way through because it was so inferior so I don't know what this Ariel view is all about. You do hop on the magic carpet and fly with your new friends the Kattahs off to new adventures. Not sure if you make it all the way there at the end of this one or the beginning of the next one.

Last edited:
That sounds familiar! I swear, I need to take a month off work and just play through all my old games again! Hmm, my wife is due August 30th and I get 4 weeks of paternity leave....... Think my wife will be ok with my just playing games the whole month? :)

I think you might get the same reaction from your wife if I told my girlfriend that we couldn't go to her folks place during Chinese New Year because I had some old games that needed revisiting.

It's safe to assume that horns would sprout from her head, her skin would turn red, a pitchfork would magically appear and a forked tail would be grown. ;)

That sounds familiar! I swear, I need to take a month off work and just play through all my old games again! Hmm, my wife is due August 30th and I get 4 weeks of paternity leave……. Think my wife will be ok with my just playing games the whole month? :)

I think it's obvious you are not in the US... 4 weeks paternity leave? LOL
I don't think the father gets any extra days here (ok, maybe the day of the birth), and the mother gets like 2 months

I think it's obvious you are not in the US… 4 weeks paternity leave? LOL
I don't think the father gets any extra days here (ok, maybe the day of the birth), and the mother gets like 2 months
Actually I am! NYC. The banking industry has actually been pretty good on the vacation and paternity front over the years. Once I moved out of brokerage, I've always had 3-4 weeks vacation. (currently at 3, but just started this job in June). BofA actually offered 6 or 8 weeks of paternity leave when I was there. Most guys I knew who took it though were back in the office within a few weeks!

My current employer is Norwegian, though our benefits are not near as good as what our counterparts in Oslo get!

On topic though, I saw this this morning and thought I'd share:

A truly graphic adventure: the 25-year rise and fall of a beloved genre

Graphic adventure games struggle to find success in today's market, but once upon a time they topped sales charts year after year. The genre shot to the top of computer gaming in the latter half of the 1980s, then suffered an equally precipitous fall a decade later. It shaped the fate of the largest companies in the gaming industry even as the games' crude color graphics served as the background for millions of childhood memories. It gave us Roger Wilco, Sam & Max, and the world of Myst. But few gamers today know the complete history of the genre, or how the classic Sierra and LucasArts titles of the late 1980s and early 1990s largely disappeared beneath the assault of first-person shooters.

Here's how we got from King's Quest to The Longest Journey and why it matters—and getting to the end of this particular story won't require the use of a text parser, demand that you combine two inscrutable inventory objects to solve a demented puzzle, or send you pixel-hunting across the screen.

Actually I am! NYC. The banking industry has actually been pretty good on the vacation and paternity front over the years. Once I moved out of brokerage, I've always had 3-4 weeks vacation. (currently at 3, but just started this job in June). BofA actually offered 6 or 8 weeks of paternity leave when I was there. Most guys I knew who took it though were back in the office within a few weeks!

My current employer is Norwegian, though our benefits are not near as good as what our counterparts in Oslo get!

Heh, yeah, I'm Norwegian. I probably shouldn't elaborate on how things work around here, people end up thinking it's some kind of fantasy land. Imaginary country.

The worst part is: Quite a large part of the population is actually whining because they still want more. I suppose it's human nature.

Back
Top Bottom