Wrath of the Lich King intro movie

My thoughts as well, no spectacular action but extremely good quality. But nowadays I am also very biased away from WoW, eagerly anticipating WAR.

I like it heaps. I can't wait for it to be released :D I'm quite addicted to WoW of late.

Which race and class you playing? My main is Blood elf mage lv 33. Been only playing for 2months :D

I've been playing since the original beta almost four years ago, currently playing two paladins (70, human/belf), a hunter (70, draenei), a warlock (soon 70, human) and a shaman (62, Tauren).

I'm playing on EU realms, obviously, so if anyone happens to be on Kor'gall or Vek'nilash, be sure to say hello. :)

Greatly looking forward to Wrath of the Lich King, as it is supposed to finally get "back to the roots" a bit in terms of lore (death knights, paladin order, Arthas, etc).

To me, this Lich King looks far too much like the "Lich King" of the LOTR MMO ...

Therefore, I just can't tell whether a screenshot is from the one game or from the other.

But in fact I don't care anyway. :D ;)

game designing is basically the art of balancing, quality and curiosity can't be achieved all at once.

I just noticed that the flying thing climbing up that peak reminded me at one point in the movie of the "Bat out of hell" cover of Meat Loaf ...

anyone else got f*cking owned trying to log on to WoW? I waited f*cking 1.5 hrs. Didn't get to play coz I tried to log on at 7pm and had to go at 7.30pm. ffs.

Maybe there are just too many fans out there, blocking the server(s) ?

Here, by the way, a few shops announced kind of an "midnight sale" of the expansion. I think, EBGames or Gamestop was one of them.

anyone else got f*cking owned trying to log on to WoW? I waited f*cking 1.5 hrs. Didn't get to play coz I tried to log on at 7pm and had to go at 7.30pm. ffs.

Been having absolutely no problem logging in. I don't even experience any significant lag. Some people have complained of it, but personally my exploration of Northrend has been smooth (apart from getting disconnected once). EU servers, though; I assume you're on US.

Which race and class you playing? My main is Blood elf mage lv 33. Been only playing for 2months :D

My main is Alliance, Human Priest, level 70 almost 71.
I love healing others. I feel usefull.

Have not tried to log on today.
Will do after i eat these chocolate chip cookies in a few minutes. =)

I know many who are having the same problems purplebob. Luckily, the server I'm on is not full. Hopefully, the activity will slow down a bit after the initial burst, however, I wouldn't count on it. Back in the days (about 3 years ago), we used to have the same problem, and the only thing solving it was several free migrations from certain realms to certain realms.

You know you're too addicted to a game when you actually spend 1-2 hours waiting to get online, only to get disconnected, and then waiting another 1-2 hours..

Yes. If you do try it, don't start your Wrath experience in the Boring Tundra. Go to Howling Fjord instead.

Aye, I've tried it. Pretty much completed most content in it too (up to Malygos 25, hopefully clearing that this week). I personally feel WoW got a serious improvement with Wotlk - the lore in the quests make much more sense than they used to (you don't collect 20 quests anymore and do them all at the same time; you follow long questlines with good stories instead).

Also, the new "phasing" allows for some very interesting things, such as zones actually changing when you do quests in them (i.e helping a faction clear out a bunch of undead in a certain place, allowing the faction to put up flight paths, vendors and quests in that zone instead of the undead being there).

The music is also a lot better than it used to be, especially in zones like Howling Fjord (as Essaliad mentioned, this is a great zone to start out in).

The biggest feature is obviously the Death Knight class. Very solid. Almost too solid. Not only does the class have very fun, fast paced gameplay - it's also extremely powerful. The only drawback is that so many are making one: They're everywhere now (yes, even a lot running around in level 80 instances already).

Back
Top Bottom