Elder Scrolls Online - Elsweyr Expansion Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new expansion has been announced for The Elder Scrolls Online which is set in Elsweyr.

In "The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr" the dragons return to Tamriel! "Elsweyr" is part of the "Season of the Dragon", an all-year ESO adventure. Explore sun-drenched savannahs and gorges, defend the Khajiite homeland, and command the merciless undead necromancer in the brand new chapter of the award-winning "Elder Scrolls Online" saga!
More information.

ZeniMax product meeting, a few months ago.

- Our next expansion will be about furries.
- In 2019 it's not enough. We have to mix it with something.
- Something that made high revenues for us?
- Yeah, defintely.
- Dragons?
- Neat!

ZeniMax product meeting, a few months ago.

- Our next expansion will be about furries.
- In 2019 it's not enough. We have to mix it with something.
- Something that made high revenues for us?
- Yeah, defintely.
- Dragons?
- Neat!

You forgot Necromancy. ;)

Although, Elsweyr was the only province left for them to do.

Man, out of the hundreds of people that I know used to game online ten, twenty, even twenty-five years ago, only a handful still do so. I haven't even logged into Pantheon in over three months, and that's a game I've been hyped for......well, for a very long time. Is there even a market for these kinds of games anymore?

Man, out of the hundreds of people that I know used to game online ten, twenty, even twenty-five years ago, only a handful still do so. I haven't even logged into Pantheon in over three months, and that's a game I've been hyped for……well, for a very long time. Is there even a market for these kinds of games anymore?

Real MMORPGs?

ESO and GW2 population have increased in 2018 (WoW last expac and Bless helped). ESO had its biggest population increase since the console release in 2015. Even LoTRO Legendary servers ended up attracting new players (to LoTRO not the genre).

Everything point to an hungry playerbase looking for a new game to get hooked to. The only "new" games getting released are Asian F2P port cashgrab or PvP survival games though.

Patheon is going to make banks if it release very polished, without too much clunky old school memorabilia design and a good amount of content in the next 2 years. It will need a bit more marketing though.

Man, out of the hundreds of people that I know used to game online ten, twenty, even twenty-five years ago, only a handful still do so.

Not that I knew you in an online mmo, but I'd be part of that group that no longer does mmo gaming. Left off with WoW back in 2011 so it's been about 8 years now since I played an mmo. Before WoW I put in probably 5 years into EQ1, 2 Years into EQ2, maybe a year into UO. Spent 7 years with WoW.

Those MMOs were fun because it was all so new. Just the idea of being in the same game space as thousands of other real players was novel early on.

I think ESO looks interesting. Sometimes I get the urge to try it out. Then I watch a few gameplay videos and "Beginner Guide" videos and I'm quickly reminded that to experience any significant satisfaction with an mmo, one has to sink way too many hours into it than what I have available. MMOs are for the young and the retired, I'm neither.

GREAT VIDEO! I AM HYPED! Will I play this online game? Nope. Never tried.

Although I immensely liked the idea, when I first & last created a character in World of Warcraft.. like 10 yrs ago[?] and walked on the first mission path and that path was covered, lined with corpses of dead players. That was amazing!!! Drama & expectation hype of what kind of danger is waiting at the end of the trail, if there are so many corpses?
Never found the end of the path, though, logged out the first & last time and never seen World of Warcraft again.

I ... am ... really enjoying this game. I just recently picked it up to check it out and I like it a lot.

As a solo player, I like that you can accomplish goals with informal groups; we're both (or more) here doing the same thing so lets help each other out and we have no need to chat or interact other than co-ordinating in a common sense manner.

This is a really cool game. It has it's problems; they totally bend you over for the crafting bag / inventory system but I get it because they need to pay for server bandwidth etc...

I wish I would have given it a shot earlier.

Don't get it

ESO made early mistakes but became a really, really good game. Fallout 76 looks like it didn't learn a single lesson from the success of ESO and instead is a mess. Somewhat fun, but a huge step back from ESO.

This is a really cool game. It has it's problems; they totally bend you over for the crafting bag / inventory system but I get it because they need to pay for server bandwidth etc…

Keep thinking like that and soon you'll have to pay 10$ just to get access to your entire inventory.

ESO is the most expansive buy-to-play MMO on the market. From the cost of the stuff in the cash shop to the cost of new content (which isn't that extensive for the cost either). ESOPLus is actually the cheapest way to play the game.

Keep thinking like that and soon you'll have to pay 10$ just to get access to your entire inventory.

ESO is the most expansive buy-to-play MMO on the market. From the cost of the stuff in the cash shop to the cost of new content (which isn't that extensive for the cost either). ESOPLus is actually the cheapest way to play the game.

The game is a lot of fun, I have no problem with their monetization model.

I get what you are saying, though, because they really do stick it to you with regards to inventory.

Pretty cool expansion, but I've more or less decided to stop playing MMOs. Well, at least traditional MMOs.

I'll get back to the genre when they finally carry it forward. Star Citizen is looking to be the only game on the horizon to even attempt doing that.

Back
Top Bottom