Dysmantle - Open-world action RPG Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gematsu reports on Dysmantle, which is an open-world action RPG that has been announced for PC, Switch, PS4 and XBOX One.

As you ascend from your shelter after the long long years, a brave new old world awaits you. A world inhabited with nasty and vile creatures. A world with no other human soul to be seen. A world with nature in reigns now. A world that's about to get even worse.

You need to find a way to escape the wretched island. But before that, enjoy the bittersweet apocalypse.

Key Features

• Break over 99 percent of all objects for materials with the right tools. No barrier will stop you.
  • Fight with (or run away) nasty and vile creatures of the post-apocalyptic era.
  • Explore the handcrafted open world and uncover its mysteries.
  • Survive. Clear areas of monsters and claim it as yours.
  • Build outposts to establish your presence.
  • Craft permanent weapons, tools, outfits, and trinkets.
  • Hunt dangerous game or tame them for your post-apocalyptic zoo ranch.
  • Farm exotic plants and reap the rewards as crop gets ripe.
  • Solve puzzles above ground and underground in the Tombs of the Old Ones
  • Fish cunning scaly things under the watery surface.
  • Cook delicious recipes for permanent stat and ability upgrades.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Looks suspiciously Unity.
"Expect war, it never changes." - but no story.

Yet somehow, I'm interested. Dunno why. Maybe the panties/socks outfit lured me in?
Kiddin', it's singleplayer only handcrafted world that did the trick.

I'm not sure that I'll care for the action-y system of the game, but the concept and features seem pretty solid. I'll be reading what others think of this and how it actually plays, then decide whether to grab it or not.

Yet somehow, I'm interested. Dunno why. Maybe the panties/socks outfit lured me in?

Did it scratch your inner Sim-lover? :)

I have played and liked a few of 10tons other games, like Jydge or Neon Chrome. But mostly because I enjoy the action for some diversion. They only have very minor RPG elements. Anyways, I'll probably enjoy this, too. Let's see.

I dunno... I only get interested in unity projects if industry vetrans are involved.

:evilgrin:

This looks like you shit survival generic crap like the other 999 in the last years.

This looked mildly interesting but I'm 90% first-person gaming at a minimum. It is pretty rare for me to pick up something top-down/isometric.

Back
Top Bottom