What games are you playing now?

Neverwinter Nights... rekeddleing the game is FUN after not playing it for some 7 years ago strange feeling to say the lest

nwn060600js.jpg

Virtual PC 2007 ... I was trying to play Majesty, on my win xp pc, but it won't run.

So now I'm instally my olde Win98SE on Microsoft's "Virtual PC 2007".

Hopefully I get it to run from within it, then ... and Technomage, too.

Well I'm playing through Aethra Chronicles again. It requires Dosbox. I seem to remember getting stuck at some point during the game the last time I tried to play through it, but my memory is hazy. I love most aspects of this little gem. You roll up 3 characters and can hire 3 more for a full party size of 6. There are 5 races and 11 character classes to choose from and the different races have varying bonuses to the game's statistics. The biggest negative with AC is that the character size is miniscule. We're talking even smaller than BG1. Of course, the game is a tad old. It was released in 1994 :D

I just found out that someone was able to play Majesty with older NVidia drivers.

Well, at least now I know how to install an Win98SE system within VPC ... ;)

I know that (or rather: I'm not surprised) ... I learned it when it was kind of too late.

In an forum remark I saw that the 94.12 NVidia driver lets it run on xp sp2 smoothly - I guess my driver is just too new, so to say.

I think I'll try it with an older driver soon. (But not today because I've got other things to do now.)

what's your favorite Majesty minion? er citizen, or whatever...

As far as dependability goes, I'd have to go with the Paladins. Humor, I like the cultists!

Paladins for me, too, but I like the lines of the warriors of discord.

I'm playing The Witcher. I was almost done with Chapter 2 when it became necessary to format and re-install the stuff on my computer, unfortunately like an idiot the one thing I forgot to back up were my save files, lol. So I have to start over, but I guess it's not that big of a deal. It's a very good game and I won't mind replaying back to where I was.

Last edited:
Cm has convinced me to buy Guild Wars Nightfall and join her in some online campaigns. I've only just created my first character and we haven't yet worked out a timetable for playing since I'm going away on 2 weeks holidays at the end of the week, but if anyone else cares to join us, PM Cm to discuss it!!

Playing IWD2 again. This time with NPC mod from G3.

On the side note, I think I will be playing NWN: HOTU very soon because I'm finally getting a new PC this saturday! HURRAH!

Our Team Corwin NWN sessions are in recess for 3 weeks while I'm away on holidays, but once we're back on track you're still most welcome to join in!!

Playing with others is really, the ONLY way to go!! The FUN factor cannot be explained. Cm and I were discussing why we're having trouble finishing MotB and decided it's because we've played a few NWN 2 mods online together and now playing the game solo is nowhere near as much fun. I won't play MMO's that require monthly payments, and I don't play with strangers, but playing with friends from the Watch is an absolute Hoot. Why else would some guys get up at 3 am just to play with us!!

Maybe I should try one day, too.

Too bad I'm not too familiar with that system (apart from the usual PC games).

finished Witcher today, called in sick ='.'=

I really am tho, woke up with an awful sore throat! I dunno, I'm torn on uninstalling ol' Geralt. Usually I immediately uninstall a game when Ive finished it due to game installs being so freakin huge these days, but the announcement of the "enhanced" content has me thinking that I might go thru again, this time supporting the Elves.

Know what you mean, Sammy. I've been waiting for this new content before I replay on a slightly harder difficulty( first time through was at the preschool level.) Now I'm really tempted to buy the new edition for the music cd's, map, short story, etc, etc, but I'm going to try to control myself.

Presently playing Battle for Wesnoth, great little tb strat game and easy on the budget(as in free.) Very addictive. When I get tired of moving my little cartoon soldiers across the map, I fire up Wiz8 and try to kill Nessie. (Thanks a bale, dte.) There's nothing like seeing one of your party members get swallowed to inspire some truly frenzied sword and spell play. :)

The die is cast - Geralt has left the building.

I dunno, I think I'll pass on replaying a game right away for the sake of seeing a better inventory system and a few different models. I played on Normal, so it was a pretty good challenge at times, but I'll definitely do Hard next time. If I didnt have such a tremendous backlog of unfinished titles and stuff still in the box, I'd consider it.

I fear that I'll go thru a burn-out in that absolutely tedious chapt 3 that I may never recover from. I did absolutely love chapt 4 tho, that was one of the best times gaming Ive had in quite a while. Worth the price of admission right there. I heart the Lady of the Lake ='.'=

The ending was cool too, I loved the whole sudden change of setting and just far-out nature of it. Consider it one of the finest games Ive ever played, heartily recommended!

...and I liked the old Triss model just fine, btw!

Considering Jade Empire next, but have to tie up some loose ends first by the name of Oblivion and NWN 2 first... two behemoths that have been glaring at me from my desktop shortcuts like lovers scorned.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the additional content for The Witcher requires starting a new game?

I haven't had time to play much and I'm still in Chapter 2. Games of this magnitude are usually once-throughs whether I want them to be or not - I just don't have the time or the patience, so if the bonus content requires a re-start then I may put TW on the back-burner for a while.

Back
Top Bottom