Disco Elysium - New Project in the Works

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports that a new Disco Elysium related project is being worked on.

RqE7sENknDypouMj7cbi3G-1024-80.png.webp

The Disco Elysium website has (presumably temporarily) disappeared, with the URL now leading to the above teaser image. The symbol is the star-and-antlers of this world's version of communism, as well as the Antecentennial Revolution, one of the key events in the history of Elysium.

There should be a few caveats before I crank up the specula-tron to max. Disco Elysium's success has led to various projects linked to the game being announced. First there's The Sacred and Terrible Air, a 2013 novel by Robert Kurvitz, lead designer and writer of the game, which is only available in Estonian but is now being translated into English and will be published at some point in the future (it was at one point slated for late 2020, though that was pre-pandemic and there's been no further update).

Then there's also the fact that a Disco Elysium TV series is in the works, though as no writer or network was attached as recently as June, this teaser probably doesn't relate to that. Finally, Disco Elysium is due to arrive on consoles at some point, and this could simply refer to that.

[...]
More information.

Makes me wonder if it's an expansion.

Good luck to them. I think they're an interesting bunch, and I'm curious to see what they come up with next.

A new game by them would be great news. For me Disco Elysium was one of the best adventures of the last years.

Excited to see the proletariat seize the means of production SOON.

[Also legitimately excited to play just about anything this team puts out.]

DE didn't turn my crank the way it apparently did for a lot others, but I'm happy for the developer that it's done as well as it has. I plan on giving it another try someday when I'm more in the mood for that kind of experience.

DE didn't turn my crank the way it apparently did for a lot others, but I'm happy for the developer that it's done as well as it has. I plan on giving it another try someday when I'm more in the mood for that kind of experience.
Played only for a try and was quite surprised, but I had other stuff running.

Not judging really the game not played yet, but I haven't seen this level of polishing and designing care on any little detail and element of the game, from UI to any dialog, and everything. Still where's the combats, found none I can really name combat. :p Joking but really. . . Moreover the very weird and very psy (chologic/chedelic) like aspect made me give up try play it in parallel to another game, I thought it requires a high concentration level and a concentrated play.

I suspect it can be quite an experience, but a play can fail as well and come back to it will be hard.

Back
Top Bottom