Horizon Zero Dawn - Now on GOG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Horizon Zero Dawn is now available on GOG.

EARTH IS OURS NO MORE

Experience Aloy's entire legendary quest to unravel the mysteries of a world ruled by deadly Machines.

An outcast from her tribe, the young hunter fights to uncover her past, discover her destiny... and stop a catastrophic threat to the future.

Unleash devastating, tactical attacks against unique Machines and rival tribes as you explore an open world teeming with wildlife and danger.

Horizon Zero Dawn(tm) is a multi-award-winning action role-playing game - and this Complete Edition for PC includes the huge expansion The Frozen Wilds, featuring new lands, skills, weapons and Machines.

INCLUDES:

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Frozen Wilds expansion
  • Carja Storm Ranger Outfit and Carja Mighty Bow
  • Carja Trader Pack
  • Banuk Trailblazer Outfit and Banuk Culling Bow
  • Banuk Traveller Pack
  • Nora Keeper Pack
  • Digital art book
More information.

At full price, which surprises me a little. Black Friday sales are supposed to be starting in the next couple of days. Does that mean this game won't be on sale? Or will GOG put it on sale just a couple of days after putting it on the store??

At full price, which surprises me a little. Black Friday sales are supposed to be starting in the next couple of days. Does that mean this game won't be on sale? Or will GOG put it on sale just a couple of days after putting it on the store??

Not sure if you're dead-set on getting it DRM free, but if not, you can get a Steam key from third-party store sites in the $30-$35 range. It's easily worth full price though tbh.

When this was first released in I think 2017 it seemed maybe okay but since it wasn't on PC I didn't look into it much. When it became available for PC on Steam a few months ago I looked into it more and despite some reservations I had about the setting, and the potential problems I might experience with it being originally on console only, I went ahead and purchased it due to the glowing comments about it from just about everyone (other than complaints about PC game crashes before recent patches).

I am glad I did purchase it because 100+ hours later it's one of my 5-or-so favorite games of all time. Highly recommended, unless action real-time combat is a no go for you.

This is on my wishlist, and I'd prefer it on GOG, but I think I'll wait for a discount. It's at least NZ$15 more than the full price Steam version.

So, give me a comparison if you have time, @Shagnak;. How much is a gallon of milk in NZ money? In the mid-US, it's about $2.50. Minimum wage is $9.25, not sure if NZ has the same concept. The average wage in my state is $111,000 but that includes stuff like insurance, health care, etc.

I'll wait a bit more. I'm currently at AC:V and will play CP77 afterwards. Perhaps there will be some christmas deal.

If you want it right now, here are the current deals.

Good news for people who prefer DRM-free games. As for me, I can't buy anything on GOG anymore because of the rapid devaluation of my country's currency in recent years and due to GOG's non-regional pricing policy. So nowadays either I buy my games on Steam (which has regional pricing on some games, especially to indie ones) or if its price is to steep I prefer to piracy or choose not to play it. As for comparison 5 years ago minimum monthly wage was around 700-800 dollars in my country, now it's 250 dollars. Imagine you're living in US and the average price of a newly released games is 300 dollars. Do you still buy it?

Good news for people who prefer DRM-free games. As for me, I can't buy anything on GOG anymore because of the rapid devaluation of my country's currency in recent years and due to GOG's non-regional pricing policy.

Didn't they discontinue that policy? One or two years ago? Maybe only for a subset of their catalog ...

So, give me a comparison if you have time, @Shagnak;. How much is a gallon of milk in NZ money? In the mid-US, it's about $2.50. Minimum wage is $9.25, not sure if NZ has the same concept. The average wage in my state is $111,000 but that includes stuff like insurance, health care, etc.
Be careful with comparisons. I found out a while ago that the relative price of milk and gas between US and Europe would make it very interesting to carry milk to the US and bring back gas :biggrin: (I suppose relative concentration of cow and jack pumps are just not the same, that's how speculation was born).

Apparently, the price of hamburgers is a good comparator (preferably the same distributor, like McDonald's). No kidding.

So, give me a comparison if you have time, @Shagnak. How much is a gallon of milk in NZ money? In the mid-US, it's about $2.50. Minimum wage is $9.25, not sure if NZ has the same concept. The average wage in my state is $111,000 but that includes stuff like insurance, health care, etc.
Bah never believe those average wage numbers. My state says $95,000 a year average when you compare that to everyone you know they hardly meet that number.

My poor father barely made $35,000 a year before he died.

Now back on-topic I still haven't played this game.

15 NZD = about 10 or 11 USD these days.

Gallons? We're metric, like all good science-based civilisations ( :p ). I had to look that up, and apparently a US gallon is different from an Imperial gallon.
We buy in 3 litre containers, which is about 4/5 of a US gallon, and costs about 5 NZD (3.5 USD). There have been times when NZ milk is sold in Australia for less than it is sold here in NZ, and there's been plenty of talk from politicians how we're being ripped off by our highly efficient dairy industry.

Minimum wage is currently $18.90 (~13.20 USD)

Average salary is about 60000 USD, but I'm not sure how useful that is, as it's easily skewed by high earners (and US high earners put ours to shame). But yeah, despite min wage being higher, we generally earn less. I guess our poor are just less poor.

On the plus side, hospital care is mostly free and the kids' dental care is free while they're at school.

Last edited:
Imagine you're living in US and the average price of a newly released games is 300 dollars. Do you still buy it?
Oh hell yeah! Just please don't tell the publishers I said so.

P.S. And yeah, no Fall sale for H0D.

Imagine you're living in US and the average price of a newly released games is 300 dollars. Do you still buy it?
Many do.
It's EA Sports games. So called games. You buy the same game every year then you open lootboxes with minimum of $300 spent on those.

Don't knock the great medical care. The US has great care…if you can afford it. I average over $5000/year in medical expenses.

Thanks for the reply. I took @JDR13;'s suggestion and used cdkeys to pick up H0D. So far I'm pretty ambivalent about it. The beginning is extremely linear and I get bored of that very fast. I did the little girl parts and met whiny mc-crybaby up on a ledge once I became a big girl. Not a fan of the father figure at all. I would not stand for being outcast and hanging around where I'm not wanted. I liked the exploration of the ruins but everything else has been really dull. When a story dictates how I play the game, I sometimes bail quick. We'll see.

P.S. 'nut is a type 2 diabetic.

Bah never believe those average wage numbers. My state says $95,000 a year average when you compare that to everyone you know they hardly meet that number.

My poor father barely made $35,000 a year before he died.

Now back on-topic I still haven't played this game.

The average is the average. There's not much to believe or not believe. It's just not a good number to go buy because it skews upwards due to high-earners.

Better to look at median.

I haven't played this game, but I watched the first chapter on ChrisOdd's channel on Youtube. I recommended it to a friend who loved it.

I'm not so much into action adventure games like that, so I'll grab it on a sale...

Should be called income and wealth inequality.:p

As you have to make over $70,000 a year just to be considered middle class. I barely made $40,000 a year as a warehouse manager. So that makes me upper lower class.

The beginning is extremely linear and I get bored of that very fast. I did the little girl parts and met whiny mc-crybaby up on a ledge once I became a big girl. Not a fan of the father figure at all. I would not stand for being outcast and hanging around where I'm not wanted. I liked the exploration of the ruins but everything else has been really dull. When a story dictates how I play the game, I sometimes bail quick. We'll see.

The game opens up dramatically after the prologue. Before you know it, you'll have more land to explore than you know what to do with.

I'm not so much into action adventure games like that, so I'll grab it on a sale…

How did you get the impression that this is an action-adventure game?

Yep here for reference.
Horizon Zero Dawn is an action role-playing game developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The plot follows Aloy, a hunter in a world overrun by machines, who sets out to uncover her past.
It's not an action adventure game.:)

Back
Top Bottom