How many RPGs do you own?

How many RPGs do you own on your favorite platform?

• 1-10

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 11-25

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 26-40

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 41-70

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • 71-100

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 101-150

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 151+

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
On your preferred gaming platform (Xbox, Playstation, PC, etc), how many RPGs do you have on that systems hard drive/cloud/library?

Thanks Luethar.

ca. 1200-1300 for the PC.

I think for Watchers you have to multiply each option by 10.

I didn't keep anything for many, many years, so I feel like this answer would be wildly misleading. I've owned well over 150 RPGs in my life, but at present? Maybe 60 or something like that.

Definitely 500+ on steam
as a fun fact was checking now, from my top 50 games by playing time, 40 were rpgs

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends what you mean by RPG. :biggrin:

Let's see, I have:
  • 275 games in my Steam library, of which I marked 82 as RPG.
  • 373 games in my GOG library, of which GOG classifies 173 as RPG.
  • 119 games in my EGS library (all freebies!), of which GOG Galaxy (or EGS, not sure, I access them through Galaxy) classifies 30 as RPG.

That's a total of 285 RPGs, though there's some amount of overlap between the 3 libraries. I like to have games on Steam and GOG (though will usually pick GOG if I have the choice and the prices are similar).
I'd probably guesstimate around 200 unique RPGs. I am pretty picky with what I pick up though. ;)

cI think for Watchers you have to multiply each option by 10.

:D

And yeah, only thinking PC I have WAY more than 131 RPGs.

Also have more than 50 RPGs for:
- Mac (platform compatibility keeps dropping the numbers)
- PSP
- Nintendo DS / Gameboy Advance

Lowest total is for the Switch where I only have ~25 or so RPGs. :D

Heh I am way down at 11-25. It said owned and I often get rid of games once they hit a certain age or if they weren't that great. So how many I own is a whole lot less than how many have I played.

It might be 26-40 if I searched through various odd platforms outside of steam like GOG, EA, Bethnet, Battlenet ... but not about to try and remember how to login to those, or install, to see if I have left over games on accounts there.

So will say 11-25 currently actively owned versus left over games I own but are just sitting out there in the virtual world.

Depends how you define 'RPG' ;)

EDIT: after counting, according to my definition, about 47 on PC (not counting the CD/DVD games that I discarded a few months ago).

I'm impressed by some of the numbers above :)

Last edited:
Many, many RPG, I just need more time, so I can play/replay them.

I have 700+ games on Steam. No idea how many are RPGs, and I'm not going to attempt to sift through all that. I think it's safe to say that 150+ are RPGs.

Heh I am way down at 11-25. It said owned and I often get rid of games once they hit a certain age or if they weren't that great. So how many I own is a whole lot less than how many have I played.

Aren't most of your games on Steam though? How can you get rid of them?

I don't own any, though I'm licensed to play a whole bunch of them. ;)

I wasn't about to try counting them all so I just guessed.

Four hundred thirty two at great old games, at least ninety percent are rpg's. Close to three hundred on Steam, and I'd guess eighty percent are rpg's. So, a few. And, of course, I don't truly own the Steam ones, so there's that to consider.

Aren't most of your games on Steam though? How can you get rid of them?

Believe @porcozaur; answered.

I dislike clutter so I tend to remove games I didn't like or know I won't replay again. I just don't like seeing them listed.

Somewhat the same way with quests in my quest list :p

EDIT: Saw some other comments. I do have some hard copies still of games. I own all the BG1, BG2 and related expansions in hard copy in a big box. Will probably take it to my grave.

Also Skyrim. That's it for hard copies. Guess the other are licenses.

I do have SIMS4 on EA, the DA and ME games with EA I think ... maybe some on Steam. GOG I have Witcher maybe, which I never finished. So a few others scattered about. Oh Outer Worlds on Epic.

Probably have license to play more games then I remember so my count could be a little higher.

But you are right - most are on steam as I prefer a single place for my games and I have never had any big issues with Steam myself. Find it a good service overall. If it wasn't I would use it less often.

I have 700+ games on Steam. No idea how many are RPGs, and I'm not going to attempt to sift through all that. I think it's safe to say that 150+ are RPGs.
I'm the same. Too many to count, I still have every game I've ever played. I even think my C64+games are boxed up in my parents loft.

ca. 1200-1300 for the PC.

I think for Watchers you have to multiply each option by 10.

I agree with this too, that would give a better spread of data.

Hmm 151+ easy. Oldest is likely MM2. I own it on floppy disk. I don't own anything that will load it of course. I have hundreds of computer cd's and don't own a cd player either. Everything I play now is digital. Everything disk-based is rpgs, since that's all I ever played until the survival genre popped. I'd say the most obscure game is either Amberstar or Keys to Maramon. I also own gobs of indie games on floppy, but most won't load. I have all the exile games on floppy, for instance. Excelsior, Lysandia, Yendorian Tales 1-3, et al.

crpgnut isn't a nick, it's a lifestyle. :biggrin:

Believe @porcozaur; answered.

I dislike clutter so I tend to remove games I didn't like or know I won't replay again. I just don't like seeing them listed.

You can just hide them you know. :)

Or create a favorites list and keep your view preference set to favorites.

I have a somewhat different method since my tastes can be so whim based. I wouldn't want to ever remove a game, thinking I would never want to play it again, and find someday down the road that I changed my mind. Not even once.

So I created a category called "black sheep" and put those games in there. Leave the list unexpanded and I basically don't ever see them.

Back
Top Bottom