• Queen's Wish: The Conquerer

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Tower of Time

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Vampyr

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't find the option "Who are you and why does anyone have to care about what you play or review", but I'll say, this is a free world, so review whatever makes you happiest.

He has done a bunch of reviews on this site you clown. You see where it says RPGWatch Team by his name?

Oh my, I really fail to understand why such harsh, gratuitous, unjustified and unreasonable attack. Poor choice of words :(

Forgottenlor, things like that only remind me that I (we?) can't thank you enough for the great reviews you've been writing here. Please, keep'em coming! :)

We will all benefit from whichever game you decide to cover, Forgottenlor, with that said I trust whichever product you pick and I look forward to reading the review.

Can't find the option "Who are you and why does anyone have to care about what you play or review", but I'll say, this is a free world, so review whatever makes you happiest.

Welcome to RPGWatch, Nereida. As far as who I am, I've been reviewing games here since 2014, and have been a team member since 2016. Like everyone who works to keep this site running, I'm an unpaid volunteer. I'm a 46 year old man and an elementary school teacher by profession, also a husband and father. And I love
games, whether board games, card games, table top rpgs, or computer games.

I decided not to choose the review myself for a few reasons. First, I like all of the games, and wanted to review something that people were interested in. A review that generates interest, and a poll that people take part in are good for the site and create traffic, which is also good for the site.

Just wanted to chime in and thank you for taking the time to do reviews, Forgottenlor. I hope a few rude, clueless apples don't spoil the, uh, this metaphor is going nowhere. But still, thanks. :)

He has done a bunch of reviews on this site you clown. You see where it says RPGWatch Team by his name?

I did not ask you.

I would advise you, however, to try and respect yourself a little.

forgottenlor said:
Welcome to RPGWatch, Nereida. As far as who I am, I've been reviewing games here since 2014, and have been a team member since 2016. Like everyone who works to keep this site running, I'm an unpaid volunteer. I'm a 46 year old man and an elementary school teacher by profession, also a husband and father. And I love
games, whether board games, card games, table top rpgs, or computer games.

I decided not to choose the review myself for a few reasons. First, I like all of the games, and wanted to review something that people were interested in. A review that generates interest, and a poll that people take part in are good for the site and create traffic, which is also good for the site.
Yesterday 19:29

Thanks for clarifying. I feel it's something that would do well to note in your signature. Either way, as I said I feel you should review the game that makes you happiest, seems like a lot of pain to play through and review a game you might not enjoy a lot, more so when you don't do it for a remuneration. I suppose it's an incentive to play and/or review a game that you know others would like to hear about, but it may become a tad miserable experience if you're having difficulty to stay motivated to finish the play-through/article but you feel you have to because you took the compromise, especially as you noted that you don't have a lot of excess personal time recently.

Good luck and have fun whatever you decide to do.

Voted for Operenica, as it's the game I look most forward to and additional takes might be interesting. Steam release should be around beginning of next year afaik.

Second vote would go to Queens Wish as it's the only game which interests me from that list. I already finished the game, but any additional spotlight on Spiderwebs games is welcomed :D
Seconded on all counts… Voted for Operencia, Queen's Wish would be my 2nd choice, others are of no interest.

I think the option that best fits there is to just ignore the thread and not vote or reply...

Commenting on a more "meta" level:
A reviewer's opinion is just as it is: an opinion, you may or may not agree with.

Personally I disagree the concept of reading a review solely as a guidance whether a game is worth playing or not -- however, I love reading well written reviews, because it is a fascinating read.

.. and a proposed solution:
Now then: how about creating a community review system here in The Watch, similar to say, MobyGames?
If a member plays an RPG, s/he might vote about its basic qualities, and the voted games would be nicely ranked somewhere in this very website.

Needless to say, anyone could write a more elaborate review to the pleasure of the other members, but the community review would the "vox populi, vox dei", while an individual review is a personal opinion, open for meaningful discussion.

Am I naive? Perhaps, but if we consider that RPGs are traditionally an intelligent form of entertainment, hence its players could be considered intelligent too, I'm hopeful ;)

Commenting on a more "meta" level:
A reviewer's opinion is just as it is: an opinion, you may or may not agree with.

Personally I disagree the concept of reading a review solely as a guidance whether a game is worth playing or not -- however, I love reading well written reviews, because it is a fascinating read.

.. and a proposed solution:
Now then: how about creating a community review system here in The Watch, similar to say, MobyGames?
If a member plays an RPG, s/he might vote about its basic qualities, and the voted games would be nicely ranked somewhere in this very website.

Needless to say, anyone could write a more elaborate review to the pleasure of the other members, but the community review would the "vox populi, vox dei", while an individual review is a personal opinion, open for meaningful discussion.

Am I naive? Perhaps, but if we consider that RPGs are traditionally an intelligent form of entertainment, hence its players could be considered intelligent too, I'm hopeful ;)

As it is, anyone who would like to write a review can contact Myrthos, and if he's happy with it, he will publish it.

As far as the "group review" thing, I'm not sure we have the software to do something like that, but that would be something Myrthos would know.

I don't like the idea of 'group reviews'. If a person does a lot of reviews you know how to tilt their score relative to your likes. If a bunch of random people input on a review you have no clue how sequence of reviews scoring will relate to each other.

Back
Top Bottom