Risen 2 - April Release Date

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Risen 2 has been officially dated - April 24th for NA and April 27th for Europe:

Release Date for Risen 2TM: Dark Waters announced
Pirate RPG by developer Piranha Bytes sets sail for an April 24th, 2012 release date (North America) and April 27th, 2012 (Europe)
14th December 2011 - Hampshire, UK/... Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes today announced the official release date for the epic pirate RPG Risen 2: Dark Waters as April 24th, 2012 for USA and Canada and April 27th, 2012 for countries in Europe.

Both companies also revealed the final packshot of the game showing the emblematic pirate Jolly Roger (skull and crossbones) – but with a Risen 2 twist.

About Risen 2: Dark Waters
In Risen 2: Dark Waters, the Inquisition dispatches the hero to seek a remedy against the monstrous sea creatures that are interfering with the shipping lines, thus cutting off the islands' supplies. The pirates seem to know how to deal with these critters ... but they are hardly cooperative.

New gameplay elements add to the diversity of Risen 2; for example, players can also use firearms now. And, being pirates, adventurers can also employ special new skills called Dirty Tricks, allowing them to confuse or attack enemies in combat.

Deep Silver will release Risen 2: Dark Waters for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC, and PlayStation®3.
More information.

Skills called... Dirty tricks?
Can't wait!

Now this is a game that I'll definitely be setting aside some time for.

...and we're getting it 3 days before Europe. :p

Let PB take their time to make a complete and bug free product.

I guess that means I'll have time for Reckoning before Risen 2 - which is good.

Cenega is the Eastern European publisher for this... and we know the game will be using Steamworks. Judging from the New Vegas experience we should expect nothing but disaster regarding patches / DLC purchases / ability of Steam purchase...

Finally a release date. I thought it would be march but you know they don't want to compete with the ME3 blockbuster. Hurry up February,March, and April.

Judging from the New Vegas experience we should expect nothing but disaster regarding patches / DLC purchases / ability of Steam purchase…

You're basing that on your experience with a completely unrelated game?

I'm not a huge fan of Steam, but I have to admit that the vast majority of games I've used with it were problem-free. It's silly to assume Risen 2 is going to be problematic just because you had issues with FO:NV.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. Still not sure about the guns. As far as it being a steamworks game. I hope so I've never had an issue with steam except for the forced patching of skyrim. I have tons of steam games I install then put the game on my shelf and never have to touch it again. Its too convenient.

I usually don't buy games at release, but Risen 2 will be an exception. I have always liked Piranha Bytes games, bugs and all. For most games I prefer to wait for the inevitable patches to be released or the GOTY edition with all the extras/DLC. Skyrim, The Witcher 2, and Frayed Knights were the only games I bought on the release date this year.

Now if they would make a true Gothic IV…

i can't wait for this game, might actually replay risen 1 but not sure about that
and about steam i have many many games on steam and no problems at all with anyone of them everything is smooth.

Hey, this game is going to require Steam isn't it. The crazy luddites are going to be angry. :(

I can't wait, personally! :)

You're basing that on your experience with a completely unrelated game? .
The same publisher and Steamworks. If there's region lock in a few cases (NV, Skyrim...), it's natural to expect it in another case.

The same publisher and Steamworks. If there's region lock in a few cases (NV, Skyrim…), it's natural to expect it in another case.

So if you buy two products from the same store, both wrapped in cardboard … they will be the same even if actually MADE by different companies?

The problem with Fallout: NV, as is true with EVERY Obsidian game … is Obsidian.

I am *really* looking forward to Risen 2. Loved the first (except the end) ...

NV was worse still, because it used the Bethesda iteration of the Gamebryo engine - which is not exactly known for its stable nature.

However, the way Obsidian managed to make the game look much worse and load it with glitchy visuals is almost impressive :)

Back
Top Bottom