Fallout 3 - Release Dates and Rumours @ CVG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Rumours of a Sept 9 release date for Fallout 3 have been floating around, fueled by dates on EBGames.com and others. CVG spoke to Bethsoft, who denied the date:
Bethesda has told CVG that the official release date for Fallout 3 is still autumn 2008 in response to rumours of a Sept. 9 launch.

The September 9 date for the RPG sequel appeared on a list of PS3 software release dates sent to retailers by Sony.

It's expected that Fallout 3 will release simultaneously on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.
More information.

Is September not an autumn month in America? ;)

Technically, the Autumnal equinox takes place around the 20th of September, so I suppose, given that more than half of the month is still "summer" up here, it classifies as a summer month.

However, the issue is a little foggier than that, since we've got the Labour Day holiday in early September, which has come to be known as "the unofficial end of summer holiday", so while autumn doesn't officially being for another two weeks, in the minds of many people, if not most of them, September is indeed an "autumn month".

And that, sadly, is the most interesting thing I can find to write about regarding this news bit. Fallout 3... am definitely lukewarm at best on this one. I suspect I'll probably end up buying it eventually, in much the same way I ended up buying Morrowind -- five years after release, because I was just scrambling around for a new RPG and not finding much of anything -- and in the way that I'll still likely end up buying Oblivion... some day... but beyond that...

meh.

Autumn, however... autumn's bloody awesome!

i think you miss the point by them saying autumn; it means it might come out a hell of a lot later than sept 9 and still be released in autumn which is most likely true in that a holiday release, novemberish is more likely, or just in time for black friday...
whatever the case it will still be quite some time before it hits the bargain bin when i might consider picking it up.

I'm guessing this is one that slips to 2009.

Back
Top Bottom