Wolfenstein: New Collossus

Bethesda is just waiting for the communit.... I mean their QA department ... to patch it.

Reviews are mostly positive so far. What's buggy about it?

I didn't preorder, but I plan on getting it in a week or so.

I was just going by the Steam reviews - there's a lot of them noting problems with the PC version. Hopefully, it will all get squared away after a week or two; I too plan on buying this soon as I really enjoyed New Order.

Yea, I read reviews, many on pc are having problems.

Plus, unfortunately, they politicized the game. And not like the easy and obvious, "nazis are bad" type politics that is universally agreed upon, like in the first game, but instead went to the current fashion of the feminist left and silliness of, "white people are bad, and the problem" type leftist politics. Basically the story appears to have been written by someone who's favorite website is tumblr, and was an enthusiastic "I'm with her!" voter, if you get my meaning…

Putting aside the politics, the game is full of cut scenes. I hate it when games put so many cut scenes that they seem more focused on making a movie than a game. First person shooters should not have too many cut scenes in them, IMHO, because it disrupts the game flow and pacing.

And people are saying that, minus the many cut scenes, the game is fairly short, as low as 5 hours. I have put the game in my "possible buy but only on deep discount sometime in the distant future" list.

Check out this gameplay video for an example of the long cut scenes going on in the game, and a taste of the politics as well. (the dialogues are pretty cringe-worthy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmjDwyC95aM&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
And people are saying that, minus the many cut scenes, the game is fairly short, as low as 5 hours.

Bullshit. Wolfenstein: TNO took me around 30 hours to finish. I know they didn't go from a 30 hour game to a 5 hour game. People love to exaggerate especially on the Steam forums.

Microtransaction-free Nazi blasting. What's not to like?

Microtransaction-free Nazi blasting. What's not to like?

It has a season pass though so there is something very substantial not to like (at least for me :) ).

I'll definitely give this a pass until some sort of bundled version is released, even though I really liked The New Order and The Old Blood.

Yes, and I dislike season passes too. I can just about tolerate that bullshit if the game is fun, but I draw the line at this lootbox stuff.

I think it's silly to complain about season passes at this point. They've been the norm for AAA games for awhile now.

I think it's silly to complain about season passes at this point. They've been the norm for AAA games for awhile now.

Slavery was the norm for a long time too. I'd still complain about it.

OK, I have no problem with being "silly". It's kind of fun actually :) .

And I will complain about season passes until they go away for all eternity. It's an abysmal concept with very few exceptions like Doom season pass which was only for multiplayer (maps and stuff). But cutting single player games or deliberately designing them with DLC-bility in mind is lame.

TNC is a pure single player game and it's a prime example (for me) of DLC done bad because it will only make me wait for the GOTY.

The Good: At least Bethesda was open and honest enough to let people know beforehand what they will get with the season pass.
It will contain three new characters with their own mini-campaigns and specific play styles. They sound really cool, too! Check this news post for more info.
So kudos to Bethesda for not just saying that it will contain "exciting new content" but for actually spilling the beans. Well done!

The Bad: The three characters will be introduced in a prologue/prequel mission called "Episode 0". This mission will be released for free but only for people who pre-ordered TNC or who bought the season pass.
There is a countdown on the official website at the moment which counts down to the release of the first DLC.
This first DLC (probably episode zero?) plus an unannounced "surprise" will already come out on November 7th which reeks of cut content that could have easily been released together with the main game.

People are different. I don't know about you guys. I, for one, want to play all of that in one package.
I don't really enjoy keeping a game installed for a long time and then revisiting it for short bursts when DLC comes out. It's tedious when you have to remember how stuff worked, what the story was, who was who, what key bindings you had customized, rechecking the settings etc.

I much prefer playing a complete version in one go so I can really get into it and stay in it, i.e. in the setting, the world, the characters, the story and the mechanics of the game. If that makes me a silly tit, then so be it! (bonus points for rhyming) :biggrin:

People are different. I don't know about you guys. I, for one, want to play all of that in one package.

Of course you do. It goes without saying that most people probably feel the same way, but that's not what DLC is for. I'm only stating the obvious at this point, but the concept of DLC was created solely to provide residual revenue for the publishers.

As far as some of it being cut content, I have no doubt that's probably the case. We can thank EA for leading the charge there.

Complaining about a season pass doesn't make sense though. The DLC is going to exist the same way regardless. The pass is just there for people who know they want all the DLC and can save a little $ by getting it.

Couldn't care less if there's "cut content." It's their game, they put in whatever they want. If the result is a bad game then I don't buy it. (Plus I might well wait for all the DLC to get packaged in before buying anyway.)

Yea, I read reviews, many on pc are having problems.

Plus, unfortunately, they politicized the game. And not like the easy and obvious, "nazis are bad" type politics that is universally agreed upon, like in the first game, but instead went to the current fashion of the feminist left and silliness of, "white people are bad, and the problem" type leftist politics. Basically the story appears to have been written by someone who's favorite website is tumblr, and was an enthusiastic "I'm with her!" voter, if you get my meaning…

Putting aside the politics, the game is full of cut scenes. I hate it when games put so many cut scenes that they seem more focused on making a movie than a game. First person shooters should not have too many cut scenes in them, IMHO, because it disrupts the game flow and pacing.

And people are saying that, minus the many cut scenes, the game is fairly short, as low as 5 hours. I have put the game in my "possible buy but only on deep discount sometime in the distant future" list.

Check out this gameplay video for an example of the long cut scenes going on in the game, and a taste of the politics as well. (the dialogues are pretty cringe-worthy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmjDwyC95aM&feature=youtu.be

Ugh this is so dissapointing. I had really high hopes for this game but I guess I should have been more reserved seeing as it only came out 2 years after the last game instead of their normal 5+ years.

Plus, unfortunately, they politicized the game. And not like the easy and obvious, "nazis are bad" type politics that is universally agreed upon,
Universally agreed on except by nazis (and more) Kind of universality that has been promoted for 200 + years by now.
like in the first game, but instead went to the current fashion of the feminist left and silliness of, "white people are bad, and the problem" type leftist politics.

Nice imagination.

Right… Where is info I'm eager to hear?

Average time needed to beat this game? Longer than time needed to download it or not?

I was going to buy it on day 1 but decided to wait a little. The reviews so far are mixed. I'll probably still pick it up in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom