Gamescom - Things To Do, Stuff To See

Now that, if confirmed, would be excellent :)

Hmm, if you're happen upon the 1C booth, it would be interesting to find out if they are doing/planning a proper King's Bounty sequel.

Rumor is Nordic Games will reveal new Jagged Alliance, it'd be nice to get some more details on it, if rumor is true ofc:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/jagged-alliance-3

That would be awesome. Let's hope they actually do that, and if they do, that it actually gets decent funding and a decent team this time who don't make it realtime because of 3D :p

Realms Beyond will be at Gamescom:

We plan to launch a crowdfunding campaign later this year, but we need to get in contact with our target audience first. Therefore, we will have our own booth on the Gamescom next month in cologne.

Renting a Gamescom booth for somewhere between 3k and 5k Euros when you don't have any funding yet sounds totally mad, but hopefully it'll turn out well.

Maybe you can pop over and give a report? :)

Interesting. Definitely hope @Myrthos; can have a chat and bring us some insights into this game :)

Yep, Realms Beyond should definitely be on the list.

At the moment I have appointments for:

• Deep Sky Derelicts
  • Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
  • Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones
  • A game by previous Shadow Realms devs
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
  • A long Way Down
  • An unnamed RPG
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Shadows Awakening
  • The Sinking City
  • The Surge 2
  • AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected
I am still trying to get appointment for:

• Thea2: The Shattering
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker
  • System Shock 3 (don't even know if they are really going to be there)
I don't have an appointment for Divinity 2 and realms Beyond. They are both only shown in the public Area and I will visit them on one of the days.

I was unable to fit Call of Cthulhu in my schedule as it is a lengthy session and due to vacations at Focus Home, my appointments were blocking such a long session. Greedfall is not being shown. Neither is Code Vein.

Depending on how things go, I might select 1 or 2 other games.

Thanks Myrthos you never disappoint every year at Gamescom. I don't envy you typing up all the articles at a later date either. Yet I can't wait to read them. Have fun.^^

@Myrthos

Just one quick question what is the game by previous Shadow Realms devs?

I don’t know, they are not telling. The same goes for the unannounced RPG. Have to check what the emails say specifically and if I can copy-paste the literal mail, as that is all the info I have.
I just hope they aren’t a disappointment like the unannounced game of last year, Biomutant. I just didn’t care about that one.

Nice list. Hopefully the devs will be in a talking mood :)

At the moment I have appointments for:

• Deep Sky Derelicts
  • Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
  • Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones
  • A game by previous Shadow Realms devs
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
  • A long Way Down
  • An unnamed RPG
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Shadows Awakening
  • The Sinking City
  • The Surge 2
  • AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected
I am still trying to get appointment for:

• Thea2: The Shattering
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker
  • System Shock 3 (don't even know if they are really going to be there)
I don't have an appointment for Divinity 2 and realms Beyond. They are both only shown in the public Area and I will visit them on one of the days.

I was unable to fit Call of Cthulhu in my schedule as it is a lengthy session and due to vacations at Focus Home, my appointments were blocking such a long session. Greedfall is not being shown. Neither is Code Vein.

Depending on how things go, I might select 1 or 2 other games.

Thanks for making the effort @Myrthos;.

I should be very interested in hearing pretty much anything about System Shock 3.

I'm hoping against hope that it will be on a much higher level than Underworld Ascendant - but my gut is telling me I need to forget about it - just like I should with UA and the SS remake.

@Myrthos in-case nobody has asked yet how about Edge Of Eternity.
You can expect some pretty major announcements during the Gamescom next month! We will also be showcasing Edge of Eternity to the Press during the event. It will be a with a hands-on our latest content and features, so you can expect some juicy info and tidbits in the near future!
Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/269190/Edge_Of_Eternity/

About the game of the devs who also worked on Shadow Realms:
QC Games, a veteran dev team of ex-Bioware members that worked on games that include Star Wars: Old Republic, Dragon Age, and the unreleased Shadow Realms, have been secretly working on their indie game project for nearly three years… and now they will be debuting this game to the world at gamescom.

Founders of QC Games - Gabe Amatangelo and Dallas Dickinson - will be there personally in Cologne for VIP press demonstrations and interviews to talk about this passion project. This new title mixes fast-paced action-RPG mechanics with dungeon crawler gameplay set between two parallel worlds – an alternate modern earth and one filled with magic and mythological gods – that are literally colliding.

And the other unannounced game:
Come get an early look at Gato Salvaje's upcoming and unannounced RPG featuring the talents of the one and only Mike Laidlaw (Yes, that Mike Laidlaw, formerly of Bioware and Creative Director of the Dragon Age franchise)! This is a hands-on opportunity but no direct capture will be available at this time. Screenshots and assets will be provided at the appointment for preview write-ups.
This one is shown in the public Indie area.

Added Edge of Eternity and as it is showing at the same booth anyway, I'll also take a look at The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos

It doesn't look like Otherside Entertainment is Showing System Shock 3.

At the moment I still have requests pending for Thea 2: The Shattering and Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I keep on pinging them, but there is still no response to finalize the appointments. At the moment the available time slots in my calendar are limited, so I don't know if I can make them fit my schedule.

That said, given that Pathfinder is already available to some and it is going to be released soon, it is of lower interest to me.

If these contacts fail, the following two keep on pestering me for an appointment. In case people think they are interesting games, let me know and I'll consider getting an appointment for either one of them. The games are:
- Robothorium
- Star Renegades

Back
Top Bottom