NWN2 Colt and Winchester

Neverwinter Nights 2

Lucky Day

Daywatch
@Lucky Day; -- no I don't think it would be that difficult for somebody familiar with building MDL files for NWN. The models would be in MDB file format, so you could use nwn2mdk to convert them to FBX, which can be imported into Blender. I'm not sure about the poly count though; that tends to be higher for NWN2 models. You may need to decimate it a bit in Blender. After that, it can be exported using the Neverblender plugin.

NWN uses an older version of DDS for texture files, which is incompatible with NWN2. You'd need a graphics tool to convert the NWN2 DDS files to TGA. There's a few tools around for converting DDS to PNG, and you can go from there.

Ah, perfect. Thanks. I'll let you know.

When I first posted this message I wouldn't have known what you are were talking about but after a week or two I've made great strides - I mean, I actually know what you are talking about. lol.

I've not made weapons yet but its probably not too difficult.

I appreciate letting me know the difference in compatibility for what appeared to be the same things. I would have got caught up on that.

That's good to hear, LD. Yes it can be a bit of a learning curve.

I hope for your sanity that PLT files are easier to work with on nwn2 than nwn1. or they got rid of them altogether.

How did you get them to work right handed? Is that a nwn2 thing?

Well I have one right handed rifle and that's clearly a modified crossbow. But my pistol and my other rifle are stringless bows that are held left handed. It actually looks better that way.

@Lucky Day are you making a new mod?

If you need help a few NWN 2 mods used modern weapons.

Only drawback was they still used arrow ammunition and animations.

@Lucky Day are you making a new mod?

If you need help a few NWN 2 mods used modern weapons.

Only drawback was they still used arrow ammunition and animations.

I'm making a Western themed nwn1 mod

unknown.png

I've been on a custom content tear lately because there is so little Western themed content already available.

NWN1 guns use arrow animation too but audio more than makes up for it. My only concern would be if it overrides all audio of that type.

Back
Top Bottom