EGS + IOI = how to shit on pc players

Weird how things that should just be simple, can't seem to be made simple. What a mess. And I'm sure it's all policy. Not something due to technical issues.

Regardless, I'm happy to wait a whole year for it to come out on Steam, since that's where I already got 1 and 2. And I'll not have to wait for content to be trickled out, one by one. And it'll be patched and tuned, hopefully.

I would like to use my Yakuzi 0 pc save game on xbox, and I don't see why I shouldn't be able to play multiplayer games with friends on pc and ps5.

Arguably even easier. It irritates me.

I would like to use my Yakuzi 0 pc save game on xbox, and I don't see why I shouldn't be able to play multiplayer games with friends on pc and ps5.

Arguably even easier. It irritates me.
fry.jpg

If you mean I turned tables around regarding pc vs console. That's not what I intended :)

It just reminded me of some similar things I encountered not too long ago. I agree with danutz, it must be unwillingness of management to spend time on it. It is silly that in 2021 these kind of things are still not possible. It's not like they use a different file format for the Hitman levels between platforms.

If you mean I turned tables around regarding pc vs console. That's not what I intended :)

It just reminded me of some similar things I encountered not too long ago. I agree with danutz, it must be unwillingness of management to spend time on it. It is silly that in 2021 these kind of things are still not possible. It's not like they use a different file format for the Hitman levels between platforms.
Hmm..okay it's just the reply seemed more ironic mixed with sarcasm.

Basically wordplay against the complainers.:)

Last edited:
Yes, now I also see what I did there :) It's true though, if I can't have my Yakuzi 0 save game on xbox, then they can't have the Hitman 2 levels from steam.

I don't care about Hitman. It's one of those games which buried humour in a cold, eerie grave.

It should be especially easy considering they store your progression server-side. I don't believe it's just a local save file. It should be absolutely easy to do, even across pc and console if they store it server-side.

Sounds like the same kind of stuff Remedy/505 Games pulled with Control.

Warning: unpopular answer will follow:
Cloud stream gaming. Fyi, the actual physical platform you play your favorite games matters matters less and less by each passing year.
YES, cloud stream gaming is clunky NOW -- but it will be resolved eventually.

/went playing Control on Switch (that actually looks better than the PS4 version) :)

Warning: unpopular answer will follow:
Cloud stream gaming. Fyi, the actual physical platform you play your favorite games matters matters less and less by each passing year.

/went playing Control on Switch (that actually looks better than the PS4 version) :)
True but until internet caps are gone don't except it to replace the old model soon. As streaming one game on the PC can use almost 20+GB a day or more. Adds up fast.

FYI caps aren't going anywhere for any big internet provider unless you pay up. So let's see already pay $85 a month just add another $100 to that fee. It's ridiculous.

Don't forget the $40 in taxes from your state as well.:roll:

Last edited:
Hm, I might have jumped to conclusions on this issue. It seems Hitman 2 is not avaiable to be sold on the Epic Games Store. Just Hitman 1 and Hitman 3 will not be exclusive for 1 year.

On steam what they do, is if you own either of the previous games you can play those maps in part 3 (current this works with part 2).

So in order for this to be consistent on Epic games, they need a way to find out if you purchased Hitman 2 on steam, and unlock that content (that you currently can't buy on EGS) on EGS.

Again, technically it's still possible. They know which accounts bought it on steam, and could bundle that Hitman 2 content with the Hitman 3 content. But it does bring some nuance to the situation.

Eventually? Sure. The time it takes will depend heavily on how fast high-speed internet access is growing. Which is far from impressive in many countries. :/

Yeah, I tend to think that it could take a very long time before networks are fast and reliable enough for streamed gaming, across the market. There's a heck of a lot of infrastructure that needs to be slowly upgraded before it becomes widely viable. In a lot places, people are still paying silly prices for metered access.

Yeah, I tend to think that it could take a very long time before networks are fast and reliable enough for streamed gaming, across the market. There's a heck of a lot of infrastructure that needs to be slowly upgraded before it becomes widely viable. In a lot places, people are still paying silly prices for metered access.

I hope streamed games remain a niche market. They offer too much control to the publisher. Everything is slowly turning into rentier capitalism, where a small minority owns everything, and everyone else just turns into renters. And that's just on principle.

With regards to how it affects games, it means when a publisher decides that they've extracted all the money they want from that game, it's gone. Even if just to force you towards their next installment. Currently piracy maintains a lot of games that are stuck in IP hell or are of just no interest to the IP holder. But with streaming games, piracy can't do a thing against that.

I hope streamed games remain a niche market. They offer too much control to the publisher. Everything is slowly turning into rentier capitalism, where a small minority owns everything, and everyone else just turns into renters. And that's just on principle.

Yes, I pretty much agree. But that's why I think they're putting so much investment into it, and why I think it will eventually take over - it's a walled garden, with all power in their control, which is just the way they like it.

Back
Top Bottom