Cyberpunk - New AAA RPG from CDPR

I guess you'll be able to get the traditional Mr. Stud Sexual Implant, All night, every night. And she'll never know. :lol:

Daniel.

Hey that's a CDPR main game design philosophy. Who doesn't want to be a virtual stud. It has everything it's dark, gritty, and mature. Despite that I'm still buying this. :smitten:

Fantastic news!! CDPR is turning into my favorite gaming studio.

Mature, realistic, and brutal?

I can already hear Alrik complaining. ;)

Yeah. :biggrin:

Mature RPG for mature up audiences, realistic and brutal, set in a rich, futuristic world

Just as I have predicted. "Realistic & brutal".

I just guess that they have learned from the Witcher games that this kind of presentation just sells.

Or the other way round : That there is indeed a market for a "mature" audience which just wants games like this.

Compare it with the outcry on the graphics of Larian's newest game - which (I suppose) looks far too "childish" for the same "mature audience".

A few weeks ago I made up a new term : "Heavy Metal Fantasy".

Yeah. :biggrin:

Just as I have predicted. "Realistic & brutal".

I just guess that they have learned from the Witcher games that this kind of presentation just sells.

Or the other way round : That there is indeed a market for a "mature" audience which just wants games like this.

Compare it with the outcry on the graphics of Larian's newest game - which (I suppose) looks far too "childish" for the same "mature audience".

It's perfect for me as I love hard rock and metal music. I prefer dark over cartoon graphics anyway. Just my preference. I'm sorry I'm part of the problem Alrik.;)

Well, it's a matter of taste, in the end.

And I see that my taste is rather frowned upon. ;)

So I go back to other things I enjoy. ;)

(And by the way : I have a reputation to defend ! ;) (As the always bickering outsider, you know … ;) ) )

The setting kind of reminds me DX-HR ... implants? also i get the feeling of "witcher with guns".
Anyway it is CDPR and if i afford it i will buy it but i am not at all excited with the cyberpunk thing , guns give a very dry experience that it is almost the same from game to game.

*Alrik i am sorry for no ponies

I didn't get to play the original Cyberpunk PnP game very often, everyone wanted D&D back then, but what time I spent with the game has left me hungering for Cyberpunk type worlds/games ever since.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that this game delivers!

The word "AAA" in the title of this thread actually killed much of my enthusiasm.

Also, did people look at some of the "roles" in that PnP. Example:
Media
Newsmen and reporters who go to the wall for the truth
Special ability: Credibility

Now I'm wondering if they should keep the 80s expectations or go for what we think is "modern" now.

Sorry Alrik, somebody beat you to it a long time ago.

There's a comic magazine that exist since the 70s all about Heavy Metal Fantasy (Linked to wikipedia and not the official website because it's 18+). There are also animated movies based on it.

Great news, obviously :).

The setting is rich and right up CDProjekt´s alley (shades of grey and stuff).
The rule system seems interesting and actually well suited for translation into action RPG format.

Let's hope they can afford enough art assets that we have more than one choice for the main character and perhaps more than 5 different outfits. I enjoyed The Witcher but thought the 2nd game took a couple steps back. It was still worth the purchase price though. If Cybersex is more sexually explicit than TW2, then we'll be getting close-ups of penetration/oral sex. Not sure I need that in my crpgs, but it would be something new ;) I can also hope for a character that isn't a tattooed, pierced, green-haired dirtbag; which is what comes to mind when reading Cyberpunk.

To be fair Witcher was based on books. Books where the main character is as oversexed as James Bond and Duke Togo combined. Geralt running around sleeping with everything was built into the system. They don't have to go in that direction if they don't want to.

As for "mature". Well Mature is hard to get right. Witcher's mature was violence, and sex cards. Dragon Age's mature was... Also sleeping around and having tons of violence. Age of Decadence's mature seems to be a great deal of swearing, and people being being selfish and self centered. Banner Saga's creators have mocked the use of sex and violence as a standard of maturity, and promises there game will be mature, and then as an example cite the Song of Fire and Ice novels (books filled with violence, sex, etc). Seems to me far too often trying to create a mature setting results in juvenile one. Maturity is a long and complex discussion, so I'm just not going to bother, but hope one day someone comes along and gets it right.

Anyways, I wanted to say a few comments about Cyberpunk. This is a great chance for CDP to grow, and establish themselves as an RPG designer, not just "the Witcher guys".

2. Gripping non-linear story filled with life and detail

3. Advanced RPG mechanics based on p&p RPG system

4. Varied selection of different character classes

These are all things new to them. Especially creating your own character. Many CRPG designers stick too formulas they do well, and are afraid to branch out. I'm glad that CDP is not afread to grow. I hope this works out well for them.

Call it stereo type thinking but I would never had guessed that Mike Pondsmith is a black guy. :)

Call it stereo type thinking but I would never had guessed that Mike Pondsmith is a black guy. :)

The more diversity we get, the better the games will be. Cyberpunk wouldn't be a personal choice of mine, but it'll be different than the standard fantasy fare, which might allure new players to our genre. I'm content with mages, knights, and clerics but not everyone loves them as I do :)

Wtf do you mean? She's a GUY?

I don't see how race is relevant or even worth mentioning. I only care that the source material is good and that CDP (hopefully) makes a great crpg from it.

Back
Top Bottom