Gothic - The Film

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You may recall some time ago a fan project (with help from Piranha Bytes) that made a (German) feature-length movie of Gothic by compiling in-game movie clips and game dialogue to tell the entire plot. World of Gothic has news of an English version that has been released - head over for the details and links.
More information.

While it sounds great, a 550 GB download is totally out of the question. I think someone needs to offer an alternative method of distribution!!

That's a typo at WoG. It's only 550MB, of course :) .

That's a pretty BIG typo!! :)

Very nice. My german was a bit rusty and I couldn't understand much of the original film save for the cinematics.

Gothic players are well aware of the storyline, yet implying "to tell the entire plot" is perhaps not a truely accurate description of this film, for example, the fab-four, Gorn, Diego, Milten and Lester, together with pc-hero do NOT meet in the sleepers temple at the game ending as the film shows, there are other anomalies also. Otherwise as far as a fan made film goes, it's very good and enjoyable. :)

Gothic players are well aware of the storyline, yet implying "to tell the entire plot" is perhaps not a truely accurate description of this film, for example, the fab-four, Gorn, Diego, Milten and Lester, together with pc-hero do NOT meet in the sleepers temple at the game ending as the film shows, there are other anomalies also. Otherwise as far as a fan made film goes, it's very good and enjoyable. :)

I personally liked that part :) While it was great to do it on your own, i'd have liked to see more from the four friends..like the meeting which never took place. In g3 it was great to have them travelling with us. Sadly they never spoke much. Imagine same lavel of interaction with your party like in kotor. Each friend with a backstrory that he would reveal to hero during their travels. :)

Back
Top Bottom