Divinity: Original Sin II - RPGWatch Fundraiser

Yes you are still in time. Three spots left.
I will provide the updates at a later time.

Finally got around to moving my early bird pledge from over there to over here. If the last campaign is any indication, I'll increase the pledge a lot anyway, near the end. Although frankly the stretch goals this time, while probably realistic, don't interest me half as much as a a proper time tracking system would … (read: day/night cycle).

Last edited:
NPCs with a daily schedule a la Gothic would be nice, too.

Did my donation get through in time?
(Means I'll have a second copy for friend as I was up at midnight to back it from kickstarter page.)
Also might not have added my nickname, I clicked submit and then quickly entered nickname (this showed an error, but payment still went through).
Didn't intend to be anonymous.

Last edited:
Yes it got through in time.
The $15 bonus of HiddenX is not available anymore. There are now 40 lucky ones, who got the game cheap :)

Myrthos,

Will you divulge the 40 lucky ones' usernames ?

NPCs with a daily schedule a la Gothic would be nice, too.

Just learned that this has been definitely ruled out by Swen himself.

What a bummer!
I kind of believe we were consoled with suggestions of them being implemented in the "next game" when they pulled the feature that we previously funded a stretch goal for in the D:OS kickstarter...

Still no game to truly follow up on that 23-year-old CRPG favourite of (not just) mine...

I'm with you 100%, Moorkh. And if it was technically too complicated to implement in D:OS, is still too complicated in D:OS 2 (as yet another layer of scripting complexity), I can well imagine that it won't get any easier in D:OS 3.

Just switch playing with sunglasses on and off. You can create your own day/night cycle :)

Is it me or our Fundraiser came to a halt ?
Come on guys and gals, open your wallets and support it ! :thumbsup:

I blame Swen, for not answering my emails :)

He's back from PAX, but apparently turned into a Tornado at the office…

Update #4 have been posted too, I'm happy to see that the Lizards haven't changed in the last 9000+ years.

I pledged a good sum of money for the first game but honestly I can't really see any reason to pledge this time around.

I haven't played the first one yet and won't until the EE releases and it will probably be a bit longer than that. So I would assume I wouldn't get to the second one until late 2018. I can't really get excited about that.

Add the fact that they have double what they need at 27 days to go, what's they point in giving them more money.

I don't want to fund stretch goals as they are usually superfluous and only add even more time to development.

I wish them well and will pick up a copy when it releases. Sorry to be a party pooper but I really can't see any reason for me to pledge.

It was not funded during the original campaign: $944,282 < $1,000,000.

Did you watch the video Moorkh linked? It was absolutely funded because they collected money on PayPal in parallel. Many gamers in the EU (especially my country - Germany) do not own a credit card for some reason and are locked out of KS. So Larian offered PayPal as an alternative. The combined KS + PayPal money was north of $1m and Larian acknowledged the stretch goal as unlocked at the end of the campaign.

And if you still don't believe it even after Swen repeatedly acknowledged the stretch goal many times in the past (and regretted not delivering on it) here is another link and quote...
For those who don’t know the context of that last paragraph: We did a Kickstarter campaign, for Divinity:Original Sin. The goal was to collect 400KUS$. We walked away with over 1MUS$ pledged, a lot of public pressure, and tons of new ideas.

@sakichop

The reason to pledge here is to
  1. support Larian
  2. get a higher tier reward, that you would not get on your own for RPGWatch
  3. be a good Watcher and feel the peer pressure :)

It was not funded during the original campaign: $944,282 < $1,000,000.

Oh, but it was.

Edit: I don't visit this thread often enough. Thanks, Moriendor!
Edit 2: Which makes me wonder: have they enabled PayPal pledges, yet? The pledge drive on KS has dwindled down to an awful trickle…

Last edited:
I pledged a good sum of money for the first game but honestly I can't really see any reason to pledge this time around.

I haven't played the first one yet and won't until the EE releases and it will probably be a bit longer than that. So I would assume I wouldn't get to the second one until late 2018. I can't really get excited about that.

Add the fact that they have double what they need at 27 days to go, what's they point in giving them more money.

I don't want to fund stretch goals as they are usually superfluous and only add even more time to development.

I wish them well and will pick up a copy when it releases. Sorry to be a party pooper but I really can't see any reason for me to pledge.

Personally, I use Kickstarter as a pre-order service for games that I would like to play. I never give more than the minimal amount to get the game. I really loved the first game, so I most certainly would like to see a second. I know that I could eventually get the game for $5 during a Steam sale, but I want to see these games get made. Thanks to HiddenX, I got the first game for $12.50, and won the Name a Pet raffle, to boot. I certainly have no problem helping to fund a great game studio like Larian.

Maybe we should make a poll to switch our funding to a game called Grimoire:)

You may as well flush your money down the toilet. The net effect will be the same. At least by flushing it, however, you can guarantee that Cleve won't receive a cent. :) By the way, though I had already contributed to the fundraiser before your $15 offer was made, I must once again commend you on your generosity.

Back
Top Bottom