Satisfactory

Drithius

Magic & Loss
Anyone playing this game? It's like Factorio crossed with Subnautica crossed with a [functional] No Man's Sky.

It feels ok thus far but I can't shake the feeling that it's not as complex as Factorio (deeper exploration though, since the world isn't procedurally generated). Also, the engine optimization is horrendous; I'm not sure I've ever seen my 1070 run at these temps, even on the menu screen.

I've never even heard of it!

In simple terms, it's a 3D, first-person Factorio with more emphasis on exploration. It was only released to Early Access maybe a month back and the devs have at least another year of work to put into it; doesn't even have trains yet! Still, there's great potential with the game and it's a really nice change of pace from Factorio.

http://www.Satisfactorygame.com

Anyone playing this game? It's like Factorio crossed with Subnautica crossed with a [functional] No Man's Sky.
Refused to buy Subnautica - heard it's boring survival rubbish in a shiny package.
One thing I didn't hear but speaking from experience - the product in the video has absolutely nothing in common with NMS.

Cant beat Factorio's pitch: crashlanding on a planet, destroying the environment and the native populations that try to conserve it to send a rocket.

Developping grenads and flame throwers to destroy large forests because felling trees is too slow...

Yeah, Factorio is great, I've sunk probably a thousand hours into it. I just kinda hit a brick wall once I have the factory all up and running and the only further progress I can make is migrating from a typical ~500 science/minute base to a megabase. It goes from a game of building to one of logistics then.

Satisfactory is a nice change of pace; there's more emphasis placed on exploration (but automation and options are nowhere near as complex as Factorio - at least at this point in the Early Access rollout).

Back
Top Bottom