2008 NHL Playoffs

Wow, I didn't realize I hit a perfect score in the finals... I don't think I stacked the deck.

dte- 16
corwin- 4
lucky- 0 (ouch!)
masterlich- 6
geist- 7
GG- no bet?

Totals:
dte- 31
masterlich- 30
geist- 28
GG- 25
corwin- 21 (not bad for picking against the champs 4 rounds running)
lucky- 15

Perhaps I should send the prize to Lucky to cheer him up...not only did he get stomped, but he's still a Nucks fan! :p

Detroit Redwings - 2008 Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Sorry for the belated celebration, but I just got back from the island of Kuai. No internet for 5 days, I was suffering withdrawals!

Don't know if you sports maniacs have sen this photo of Gov Rendell keeping his losing bet but ran across it in my political ramblings and thought Red Wings fans might like something else to gloat over.

The Wings picked up this kid at the bottom of the first round which is going to interest maybe two people on the board, but his story at the end of the article of becoming a goalie is pretty funny so I thought I'd share.
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/sports/story.html?id=765c6301-5995-4d61-bdc0-121be1460837

@corwin- so....Sundin to the Habs....that's gotta sting a bit.

edit- talking goalies made me think of this. Goes back a couple years, but definitely a classic. Go-lay! Give 'em the gourmet shot!

Last edited:
First I've heard about Sundin; it's a shock to me. I played goal back in my youth!! :)

That's hilarious Sundin being allowed to talk to Montreal considering what all happened at the season last year: and the fans demanding he wave his NTC for the sake of the team. Clearly now, that run at the end was to showcase that he could still play for other teams.

There's some talk now that he and Naslund could be united. Meka's agent may now run the team he plays for but some forsaken reason he kept the coach that Markus refuses to play for.

Another irony would be with Mats discussions with Montreal he could end up in Quebec, the Province which he abandoned those decades ago.

On a side note I can't believe Brodeur won the Vezina this year when there were so many better deserving goaltenders than him, particularly out west (re: Nabakov, Turco).

Worse still, there was all this hype about Lundqvist, Dipietro and Price and those idiots clearly shows there's a problem with letting the media chose the important trophies. When will the Pearson Trophy be recognized as more important than the Hart?

Back
Top Bottom