Spellforce 3 - Story Trailer

Since Cyberpunk 2077 got delayed I'll probably be playing this instead. Fingers crossed it doesn't need 30+ patches like the last two games. Some of them even broke the game.

Anyone played Spellforce 3?
Any good? 3 iteration… surely it must have improved over its predecessors!

Very good and very long, 70-80h at least the campaign
Other big positives, everything is voiced and many little improvements that make the gameplay enjoyable
I hope they do a sale tonight, will get the first addon, read that its very long as well.

I have Spellforce 3 sitting in my Steam library but I really haven't played it much. It's like a typical 4X game in a fantasy setting, right? Is it worth playing? I guess I grabbed it on a sale once a while back and just forgot about it.

I don't think it's a typical 4X game.
You can “clear“ almost every map with your party before starting the strategy mode where you build your base and train units.
It's been some months but I would say it's 80% an RPG.

I have Spellforce 3 sitting in my Steam library but I really haven't played it much. It's like a typical 4X game in a fantasy setting, right? Is it worth playing? I guess I grabbed it on a sale once a while back and just forgot about it.
It really depends as some play it as a RTS or a RPG. The preferred way is a hybrid of both play styles. Anyway just my opinion but I prefer the base building and RTS side.
You have a few heroes with level ups and skills and abilities and loot and equipment and all that stuff (RPG part) and you have buildings with workers, resources, army and all those things (RTS part).
So is it worth playing I'd say yes. The last three games are actually prequels.

Can recommend all the campaigns, too.
They are all good campaigns that offer some nice different missions and as well as missions that are pure RPG missions without any RTS gameplay.

When it comes to the campaign, my hint is that you should treat your group of heroes as an army of its own.
In the base campaign, your heroes are so strong that they can replace an entire army.

In the first expansion (Soul Harvest), I found this not to be true, though, at least on Hard.

One thing I love about the games is how you can build your character very flexible by combining any two skill trees. Allows for some very powerful (as well as rather bad) combinations.

Yep, what @Couchpotato; said. You can more or less decide yourself if you want it to be an RPG or RTS.

Recommended!

I support all the recommendations! As a Spellforce fanboy I value SF 1 > SF 2 > SF 3 from the story side but from the game technics it is of course SF 3 > SF 2 > SF 1.

If you are not an experienced RTS player you should not play on "hard" in your first walk through because then the RTS-mechanics would distract you from enjoying the story.

So it is best to first play it in an easier mode and try hard only in a later game after you are accustomed to the gameplay.

From story and RPG side it is recommended to every RPG-fan.

One thing I love about the games is how you can build your character very flexible by combining any two skill trees. Allows for some very powerful (as well as rather bad) combinations.

This is very good, in my book. Let me overpower or gimp my characters, not try to squish everything into balance.

Spellforce 3 and its expansion is better than most full RPGs.

It's released where I live. I need something to play with this election.

I'm in the process of playing through the entire series now. It's very good. The first one hasn't aged all that well, but it's still a fun game, especially if you played it back then. The second one holds up very well in my opinion (currently playing the anniversary edition) and the third one is excellent, though the strategy part is slightly different and takes some getting used to.

What I really enjoy about the series is the fact that you have a real RPG in terms of character progression, but you get to use that character even during the RTS parts, which really adds something in my opinion. I find it to be an excellent mix.

It's released where I live. I need something to play with this election.

If we consider the speed with which the votes are being counted, you can wait for the releasing of Cyberpunk 2077, and even play it completely with all 3 life paths before you know who'll rule you :p :p

If we consider the speed with which the votes are being counted, you can wait for the releasing of Cyberpunk 2077, and even play it completely with all 3 life paths before you know who'll rule you :p :p
Well said and I have to agree.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom