Pricewatch!

You're in for a good time with the Avadon series. While I don't love them as much as I do the other Spiderweb offerings, they are head and shoulders above most of the other dreck coming out these days. You've weeks of entertainment on your hands!

I took a look at that Wild West game, but bringing icky sorcery into the west is anathema to me, so a hard pass was my choice!

If you want to try something different (and if you don't have a date this we ;))...

DCS free-to-play trials: this weekend, most if not all modules are free to try. This simulator is gorgeous and has the most detailed and accurate aircraft (and it takes some learning to operate them, this is in no way an arcade game). The interest is limited if you don't have some basic flight gear (joystick and throttle recommended, TrackIR or VR supported but not mandatory).

The Spitfire, the Mustang or the Bf 109 are great propellers. The Tomcat, Viper and Hornet are great fighter jets, even if still in EA, they're more complex of course.

If anyone is interested, I can give more info :)

You're in for a good time with the Avadon series. While I don't love them as much as I do the other Spiderweb offerings, they are head and shoulders above most of the other dreck coming out these days. You've weeks of entertainment on your hands!

I took a look at that Wild West game, but bringing icky sorcery into the west is anathema to me, so a hard pass was my choice!

Sounds good but it will be a while before I fire up Avadon as I am still fighting my way through Avernum EFTP (in the most enjoyable sense) and also picked up 4,5 and 6 on sale today as I already have 2 and 3 ...

Just as well I am early retired :lol:

If you've acquired all those, then you've gaming to satisfy you perhaps for the rest of the year! And excellent gaming at that. =) I'm in the retired club as well but books tend to keep me a tad more occupied than games, these days. Now that I can read on my porch again, all is well!

Othercide is getting a 40% off on GAMESLOAD, and I feel tempted to buy it.
Is it any good? Would you recommend it to an XCOM2/Gears Tactics player like me?

Rage 2 is available for free on Epic Store until 25th of February.

an incarnation of pibbur who thinks this may be a good deal if you can stomach Epic or Rage 2. Or (like pbbur) tends to regard everything really for free as a good thing (MMO's not included).

PS. Sunless Sea will be available for free from tomorow (25th of february) until 4th of March. DS.

Last edited:
As Pibbur already noted, Sunless Sea is currently free on Epic Games Store until March 4.

Between March 4 and March 11 they will giveaway an RTS game, Wargame: Red Dragon.

Classic RPGs are up to 60% in Playstation indie sales:
Neverwinter Nights
Crossed swordsBaldur's Gate I & II
SnowflakeIcewind Dale & Planescape: Torment

bit.ly/PS4-BGCONSOLE

(not that I have a Playstation or that I find it a good platform for such games :p)

PS: the link they gave leads to BG & BG2, I suppose it's just the matter of searching the other ones

Jeez, Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock has a ton of DLC now! Looks like I broke off just as they started to put together mini-campaigns that tell overall stories.

Bioshock Collection is cheap, too: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/127633/

Back
Top Bottom