Stanley Cup Playoffs 2019 edition

No official saw it
Key Whitmore says its not reviewable because it was a hand pass, not a goal made by using the hand.

Other places are linking some penalty to Vegas in the first round and the disallowed goal in Colorado as some sort of conspiracy where the league has the fix in to get SJ to the finals. Looking up the offside - yeah, get into the freaking bench. Everyone seems to just saunter off instead getting to it in a hurry. This wasn't even legal in the 1970's. They also should find some way to put both doors in neutral zone like they used to be.

There was a comment made to me last week that that predicted a final between Boston and SJ would be huge. I doubt the league is going to that level to conspire them in.

7vyazLN.jpg

In Toronto, Kay Whitmore takes 22 minutes to review the play. Comcast/NBC does not want another sports controversy on their hands.

How on earth does it take that long to review what was obviously a blatant foul? I mean, the first moment I saw it was an over the shoulder shot and it was still rather obvious as to what happened....unless it's a magic puck, it simply cannot change trajectory like that on its own. The second shot that I saw was from the left camera and that was absolutely crystal clear.

Sorry, that's my shop

That's actually Chief state steward Barbara Borden of the Kentucky Derby who infamously took 22 minutes to sell Maximum Security's inevitable disqualification as legitimate.

The officials in the Sharks/Blues game barely took any time at all and were on and off the phone with Toronto in minutes. Then they quickly got off the ice telling the Blues players to get lost, the game is over.

Word is the refs in the game are done for the playoffs. This is the second time the league has thrown their officials under the bus this season.

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1129113353408925697

At least they don't kill the winners in hockey like they do in horse racing.

PS - I want to update that I called out the first time they did it at the end of the regular but I realize they are doing the best job they can. I've said officiating in the NHL is more an art than a science and every time they have to bring in replacements, or you look at International reffing, you realize these guys are the best in the business.

This was a terrible missed called but according to the rules it is unreviewable. The league needs to somehow lighten up on missed calls, drop the offside challenge, and still keep the game moving.

That was a mighty three victory march to the end for the Sharks last night. Now, if they can maintain this momentum against the Bruins, this could all be history in just four short matches!!!

Definitely fair weather fan, but Go Blues!

I'd root for almost any team before either Pittsburgh or Boston, so yeah, Blues all the way. Perron and Maroon are also two of my all-time favourite NHL players, so it's a pleasure to watch them make it to the final round!

The Blues current line set-ups are having some extreme difficulty in dealing with the depth that the Boston team currently enjoys. If they don't come up with an answer to this, and quickly, this series will be over soon. On top of that, the Blues struggle with one of my biggest theories on hockey overall, and that being a "puck in, puck out" philosophy that keeps the game moving fast, keeping your opposition being forced to be on the defensive constantly. I want the Blues to thoroughly smush the Bruins, but that game last night showed some obvious, glaring holes.

I wish I disliked St Louis because I’d like to see them win the Cup just not against us. While I don’t think St Louis can win the series I think the shellacking last night was a fluke. I’m predicting a 6 game series.

They hate us because we are the 2nd winningest city in professional sports history with the longest NFL dynasty in history and greatest quarterback of all time (statistically and by any objective measure). When’s the last time someone said they hated Seattle or Phoenix?

They hate us because we are the 2nd winningest city in professional sports history with the longest NFL dynasty in history and greatest quarterback of all time (statistically and by any objective measure). When’s the last time someone said they hated Seattle or Phoenix?

Do you honestly believe that's the reason many people dislike Boston sports fans? That's too funny...

Back
Top Bottom