Tencent's Cyberpunk Open World FPS

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems Asia's largest publisher Tencent is funding a new cyberpunk game.

CODE: SYN is Tencent's upcoming Cyberpunk open world FPS in development for PC and console. A real-time Unreal Engine 4 demo was released to show the goal of the studio. Striking visuals is one of the objectives, creating a game world that looks stunning and versatile.

Each one of the classes comes with a different pet to help it out, which could be a bear or a jaguar, among others. Besides the main character, you can also customize your cybernetic pet. So far, three classes are visible, but this is likely to change before the official release: Enforcer, Anarchy, and Motorheads. Characters are realistic yet stylish, with plenty of customization features and particular attention to the hair physics.

Vehicles can also be used and customized, from the different types to little details such as parts and decals. You can use these to explore the open world.

Well, the bear looks cool, but otherwise... not impressed yet.

Looks cheap and like a bad Chinese knockoff...;)
anything to do with Tencent and Epic Games is not anything I want or will buy. #Boycott

From the first video: "our Characters are realistic and stylish".

What. I mean, yeah, we can argue about style. But realistic? Heck no. :lol: No. <_<

Overall, this may be closer to Borderlands than CP77. Which can still be a good game, they have the money to make that happen at least. But this won't be anything like what CP77 tries to do.

anything to do with Tencent and Epic Games is not anything I want or will buy. #Boycott
Ummm, everything using Unreal Engine???

The game on the presentation video looks like something I'd vomit after instllation.
Stopped watching after seeing L1, R2, etc tooltips. Tencent is a chinese company, I guess that's chinese and I don't understand chinese.

Your vomit looks like that!? I think you might want to have a serious look at your dietary tendencies. Have you been eating waifus??

I have no interest in playing tencents game but other than the characters I thought the graphics looked good. Even the characters outfits were pretty cool, but I am a Harley Quinn fan.

Even if you think tencents game looks terrible it seems a bit unfair to compare it to a game CDPR have been working on for 8 years and counting.

In my opinion they are cashing in on the Cyberpunk 2077 hype. Nothing wrong with that. Hopefully it's not full of micro- transactions which is the usual route of tencent games.

Luckily, tencent is not investing only in microtransactions scamware - when it comes to series, all ones they produce are available on youtube for free and most have english subs.

Back
Top Bottom