Kenshi Impressions/Help Thread

No they're working on kenshi 2.

And the game isn't that buggy anyway.
If you install the mod to have 256 party members, you'll have some pathfinding issues, wich isn't that surprising really.

It's got some bugs all right, but most aren't too horrible. The camera thing isn't a bug, it's just not a very good design, IMHO.

One thing that is real common is getting stuck in geometry. There's actually a load option that lets you reset character positions which lets you get un-stuck! Definitely not the ideal solution, but so far it's gotten the job done.

Oh, and full screen mode is crazy. Sometimes it comes out right but other times the resolution is just flat out wrong. Play in borderless windowed mode and everything will be fine.

It's DEFINITELY getting addicting!

I couldn't get into Kenshi, but it should be up my alley. A game that is brutally hard outside of combat is perfect for me. I find tough combat dull, but tough survival elements quite enjoyable. The camera was horrible, the graphics were uneven and the game was almost too random to really be considered a game; or at least that was my impressions. You folks talk like you played something totally different.

I'm not sure if I'll ever try Kenshi again; well unless it drops down to under $10, but maybe I'll give Kenshi 2 a look when it arrives.

The randomness is a natural part of Kenshi. I agree about the camera and graphics though.

I only played for around 3 or 4 hours, and it didn't grab me. I plan on giving it another go sometime in the future.

If there wasn't a Kenshi 2 coming, I'd probably re-buy the first one. As it is, I may pick up both in a Steam bundle or something similar once the next game releases. I'll have to see if Kenshi 2 is a little less random.

The crafting here sure isn't what I expected. I was wanting to make some things from fabric and noticed there's a loom that can turn 8 cottons into fabric. I made the loom and bought some cotton. A unit of cotton actually costs a bit more than a unit of fabric so I'm guessing this loom is going to spit out 50-100 fabrics.

Wrong. It generates one unit of fabric. I spent about 10 times more on cotton than I got from fabric! Oookay... I guess the loom is for when you have your own base out in the hinterland. Glad I saved before I did this experiment.

I definitely seem to have hit a new stage of the game, though. Instead of just pumping easy-to-find books into my research bench, it's starting to want more specialized things. It's probably going to be time to take the whole (or at least most of) the crew out of town and start exploring again.

...the graphics were uneven...
Huh? Did you ever see a place that had good graphics?? ;)

Back
Top Bottom