Kingmaker - Released

Yep, that's indeed a problem. I know some D&D 3.5 but I'm a Pathfinder newbie. I'm missing more detailed explanation. The wiki doesn't help much too. Is there an old-style manual somewhere?

It probably wouldn't fit in a manual, there is an in-game encyclopedia and the game is pretty close to the pnp, you can probably just search the PRD(Pathfinder Reference Document)/SRD (PRD version, the SRD one that Silver Coin linked). The difference between the two is that the SRD one is not exclusive to Pathfinder.

The save game system, for the most part, is broken on most systems. Corrupting, and/or outright deleting saved games. There are so many smaller, yet detail-oriented bugs that affect gameplay that need to be addressed. There really needs to be a patch, ASAP.

Everything you need to know is here: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Pathfinder is extremely similar to D&D 3.5e. Most things works like in D&D 3.5e.

It probably wouldn't fit in a manual, there is an in-game encyclopedia and the game is pretty close to the pnp, you can probably just search the PRD(Pathfinder Reference Document)/SRD (PRD version, the SRD one that Silver Coin linked). The difference between the two is that the SRD one is not exclusive to Pathfinder.
I know these sources.
But the CRPG rules aren't identical to the PnP rules which again aren't identical to D&D 3.5.
As I've said I know my way around there, but imho details are missing. And for the details I can't rely on the Pathfinder PnP or D&D3.5 ruleset.

As an example there isn't a "Persuasion" skill in the PnP ruleset.

As an example there isn't a "Persuasion" skill in the PnP ruleset.

That's Diplomacy and Intimidate and the game does separate checks for them using Persuasion skill value + your classes/races bonuses for diplomacy/intimidate (example: Half-orcs get an intimidate bonus but no diplomacy bonus). I'm pretty sure that's explained somewhere (I saw that info before the game released though).

Still no response on being able to get a key, let alone receiving one. Thank goodness my time is limited anyways, but this issue is likely to stop me from supporting any more kick starter game projects in the future.

Still no response on being able to get a key, let alone receiving one. Thank goodness my time is limited anyways, but this issue is likely to stop me from supporting any more kick starter game projects in the future.

It's a very poor show, but i think it would be a terrible shame to let it ruin your enthusiasm and openness to giving crowdfunded indies a chance.

The DRM-free selling point of GOG has never resonated with me.

For me, it did, because there are too many oldies out there which require you to put the game disc into the drive because of DRM.

Well, I got my preorder e-mail just today.

What about your spam folder ?

I'm monitoring the steam forum for this, and there are a lot of bug reports. It definitely needs work.

That said, I'm more impressed by the game in general, just from some of the comments I'm seeing, and also from watching a bit of the gameplay videos, that I will most likely get this game eventually. But I want to wait for the bugs to be fixed and for a few other things too.

For example, there is a 90 day in game time limit for the 1st segment. I'd prefer if that was taken out entirely, as I tend to be a very slow player and like to take my time exploring games.

Also, I would like access to "cheats" , mainly for a gold cheat because I just prefer not to deal with that stuff in many of these games anymore which in my view are often overly stingy and combined they put in inflated prices for everything...it just gets tedious and not something I consider fun. That said, perhaps Kingmaker did the game economy in a better way than the usual seen lately in rpgs, which would be great - I don't know for sure.

Other things that need to be added - much more extensive portraits in the game. I read many complaints that there is a very limited selection. Also, much better and more extensive explanations for the rules and the systems all around in the game. This is another complaint I'm seeing. A lack of good info in the game as to what things do and how things work and it is leaving players "blind".

I'll play it eventually, but I definitely don't regret skipping it at release. It's easy to see this is one of those games that's going to receive significant patches and probably some balance tweaks as well.

I don't understand why people insist on using Steam when GOG is available?

From initiating the download to starting the game took about 30 minutes and both have cloud backup. I just don't get it.

Because beta testing was done on steam only for Kingmaker.

Yeah, I've been watching my spam file as well. Since they don't send keys, it's more watching for a response to my emails, but at this point I'm not hoping on that anymore. I'll give it another day and then file a complaint with kick starter, with my history I'm guessing they will actually listen to me.

Have you tried the commenting on the kickstarter. Who knows what channels they are watching but they are probably flooded.

Yeah, I've been watching my spam file as well. Since they don't send keys, it's more watching for a response to my emails, but at this point I'm not hoping on that anymore. I'll give it another day and then file a complaint with kick starter, with my history I'm guessing they will actually listen to me.

Yup I made several posts on the kick starter campaign comments section, hence how I was able to see that I wasn't the only person experiencing problems. Ten minutes ago I got sorted out, got all my keys and the game is downloading now. I still don't know what the actual issue was, but I did get it resolved.

I will be buying this game,but by all the comments around the web,better wait for a few patches.That wont be a problem have a few games to finish first....

I just found out another reason why I will need a gold cheat. For some reason, the developers force you to have their pre-designed party companions at first, then later in the game (still relatively early though), you are apparently allowed to buy "mercenaries" which can be added to your party as your own characters that you design.

But the catch is that they are very expensive, starting at 2000 gold each when done early as possible and the prices just keep going up dramatically from there, the later in the game when you decide to purchase one, up to 18000 gold even, is one price I saw quoted. One major problem I have with the party companions is their voice acting, from what I can tell from watching gameplay vids, ranges from bad to just awful ("Linzi") to the point that it would bother me quite a bit.

The bonuses of creating your own party are several to me. I wouldn't have to deal with juvenile, terrible voice acting, and get to design each character how I would want it. So a gold cheat would let me do all this easily, and play the game with 5 characters, all of which I had personally designed (like Icewind Dale)

Or, perhaps there is a companion or two who I decide that I like later in the game, then I could keep the one or two companions I like, and have the rest of my party made up of "mercenaries", my own designed characters.

I wholly recommend the game just perhaps not just yet. I put a proper shift in last night only for a series of bugs to ruin the experience. This culminated in an error message when exiting to main menu and all my manual saves deleting themselves. This is widely reported so I guess I should be patient but I am surprised these problems weren't picked up prior to release.

That sounds like a horrible design, not being able to pick your party classes or having to spend a huge amount of cash to do so. I learned years ago not to play most games the day/week of first release, so that's what I'll do with this one as well.

I backed this game and I'm so proud of it. 20 hours of gameplay. The game lives up to its promise. I'm also so pissed off by the steam reviews. A lot of negative reviews by kids that never played a single tabletop RPG in their life, saying that the game is difficult, that the resting system is bad. The resting system is perfect, the game uses almost every Pathfinder rule. Yeah, the tabletop is difficult! Want stupid and easy gameplay go play PoE. So many negative reviews. I even saw negative reviews complaining about SJW in the game... seriously.... what the hell....

Back
Top Bottom