What games are you playing now?

Yuppers, the audio isn't great for Pathfinder, I vividly recall how quickly I went to disable that. I found some Rollins, Black Flag, and Pantera made for a much more melodious audio track for that game.

Finally started Pathfinder. I've rolled a two handed fighter.
First impressions are pretty positive. The combat has a surprising and pleasing weight to it - it's satisfying when my character's swings connect. Graphics and music are great.
I had to turn off the voices though - Linzi's was a annoying me a great deal…

Whhaaattt?? I found Linzi absolutely adorable!!!

EDIT: I'd suggest you turn it back on during the ceremony when you become a Baron/King - it really adds atmosphere!

EDIT: I'd suggest you turn it back on during the ceremony when you become a Baron/King - it really adds atmosphere!

I'll bear that in mind! I often turn the voices off in these games to be honest - when there are large amounts of text I'd rather read them at my own pace. Linzi's voice just made that decision quicker this time!

As for the game, I'm now totally hooked. I turned it on at 22:00 for a quick blast before bed and its now several hours later and I just… can't seem to… stop… playing. Its great fun.

I'll bear that in mind! I often turn the voices off in these games to be honest - when there are large amounts of text I'd rather read them at my own pace. Linzi's voice just made that decision quicker this time!

As for the game, I'm now totally hooked. I turned it on at 22:00 for a quick blast before bed and its now several hours later and I just… can't seem to… stop… playing. Its great fun.

I'm genuinely excited to hear this! Pathfinder is my most wanted game and I'm afraid to play it. They can do as many patches as they want and I'll wait until its finished!!

You're the guy who did a onebro run of Dark Souls II, right? I remember your video smashing some DLC boss with a rapier?

I'm genuinely excited to hear this! Pathfinder is my most wanted game and I'm afraid to play it. They can do as many patches as they want and I'll wait until its finished!!

You're the guy who did a onebro run of Dark Souls II, right? I remember your video smashing some DLC boss with a rapier?

Yeah I hear the end game still needs tweaking, but at my current gaming rate I won't get there for a couple of months. Hopefully it will be improved by then.

As for Dark Souls - not me, sadly! I played a lot of Dark Souls II and enjoyed beating it, but never got particularly good at it. I watched some of those YouTube videos in awe.

Yeah I hear the end game still needs tweaking, but at my current gaming rate I won't get there for a couple of months. Hopefully it will be improved by then.
I'm thinking when they announce an expansion or something might be the best time to jump in. Some clear sign that they're done patching the original content.

As for Dark Souls - not me, sadly! I played a lot of Dark Souls II and enjoyed beating it, but never got particularly good at it. I watched some of those YouTube videos in awe.
Oh, damn! I wonder who that was! I'm pretty sure it was a P name. I was very impressed! :D

I'm still waiting for Pathfinder to settle down entirely before I complete my play. It seems also that when more content is introduced, that necessitates a few more extra updates, so I think I'll just wait until all expansions are fully integrated. Looking forward to finally finishing the game, hopefully within the next few months!

Do me a favor please and play it with k+m a bit. All of it, assassinations, sneaking, climbing, miniboss (arena, mercenaries) duels and shipfights.
Then tell me which control scheme feels more fluid. I can only suspect as I don't have nor use mushrooms.

Do me a favor please and play it with k+m a bit. All of it, assassinations, sneaking, climbing, miniboss (arena, mercenaries) duels and shipfights.
Then tell me which control scheme feels more fluid. I can only suspect as I don't have nor use mushrooms.

I've not played Odyssey yet, but I have completed Origins. I completed it on hard mode with k+m, I even took down all the war elephants which are the toughest in the game.
I have set up a configuration on my mouse to use keyboard commands, it can work very well but it does sometimes depend on the game. I never use a mushroom either.

Finishing Jagged Alliance Rage! now. A disaster.

Good to know, will remove it from the "might play" list then.

I finished Atom yesterday and browsed around Steam for a while trying to figure out what to tackle next. Ended up buying Sunless Seas because it seemed different and interesting. It is, and I reckon I will be playing it for a while although apart from FTL no roguelike has managed to hold my attention for more than a couple of gaming sessions. Sunless Seas might just be the second exception, perhaps because it's pretty easy to stay alive once you figure out the basics. Which might of course end up being a bad thing as well, without challenge a game also can get boring fast. Haven't tackled any bigger Sea Monsters yet though…

Last edited:
As for myself, I'm set to finally do a full playthrough of PoE I & II, but I'm still trying to decide what class I want to play. I've started over at least five times now.

I also just installed Metro 2033 Redux. In anticipation of Metro Exodus, I want to replay the first two games. Plus I've never played the Redux versions.

Eternity is simple. Pick anything that isn't paladin and you're good to go.
Neverheard about Metro.

I'm still romping through Shining in the Darkness. This is one of those old school dungeon crawlers that doesn't seem to do much in the way of hand holding, which is right up my alley. It's turning out to be very different from the other Shining Force games that I'm familiar with, but I am enjoying it.

Can't do that, I'm playing it in my PS4 (mostly I only play AAA expensive games in my PS4 because I subscribe to Gamefly).

And now for something completely different.
Dragon Wars on UAE Amiga emulator.

Why such an old game to play? 'Cause I'm this badass, that's why. ;)
Seriously: because I haven't beaten this gem. This game bugs me for nearly 20 years, and now I wanna rule. Without internet FAQs, cheats, etc. Party like it's 1989!

Back
Top Bottom