The future of Anthem: updates, roadmaps, news, etc

Ragnaris

Sentinel
I figured I'd be keeping this in a separate thread instead of continuously bumping the demo impressions one.

Ben Irving has revealed Bioware's post launch roadmap for March, illustrating how three major updates will consist of one "act".

s9skbmwpvze21.jpg

Interestingly at the bottom, you'll notice the "new stronghold". This should bring us to a total of four strongholds early on as rewards, an extra cataclysm, missions, and more will be brought alongside the fourth stronghold in March.

More to come as it's revealed.

Last edited:
I figured I'd be keeping this in a separate thread instead of continuously bumping the demo impressions one.

Ben Irving has revealed Bioware's post launch roadmap for March, illustrating how three major updates will consist of one "act".

s9skbmwpvze21.jpg

Interestingly, at the bottom, you'll notice how it the "new stronghold". This should bring us to a total of four strongholds early on, as are rewards, an extra cataclysm, and missions alongside the fourth.

More to come as it's revealed.

Ah, I just posted the same thing in a news thread. Thanks for adding a better version here :)

Ah, I just posted the same thing in a news thread. Thanks for adding a better version here :)

No worries. I suppose Anthem coverage will be posted in the news section regardless, but in the instance that it doesn't, this could be a good haven for it. It's a nice way to keep the players who are concerned about end game content satisfied, since that seems to be the buzz right now. Makes for good discussion, too.

Bioware is taking the initiative to make sure their hunger is sated and worries put at ease. Good on them, I say.

No worries. I suppose Anthem coverage will be posted in the news section regardless, but in the instance that it doesn't, this could be a good haven for it. It's a nice way to keep the players who are concerned about end game content satisfied, since that seems to be the buzz right now. Makes for good discussion, too.

Bioware is taking the initiative to make sure their hunger is sated and worries put at ease. Good on them, I say.

Well, the problem with roadmaps is that we don't really know much in terms of detail.

The one tangible "good thing" is the Stronghold - the rest could be completely trivial.

Still, I'm quite happy with the launch package - as I'm not a rushing locust type of player. It will take me a good while to experience the story and such.

But in terms of its long-term success, I really hope these updates are reasonably meaty.

The modern audience is incredibly demanding and fickle - and I like the core gameplay of Anthem enough to really hope it succeeds in becoming a hit.

If that is a similar story to FO 76, the failure is not the $20 skin offer, the failure is about reporting it, making it a video/article in clickwhoring trend.
If that clickwhoring trend helped the stupid mmo is being ignored or ditched by normal people, then I hope I'll see more of it.

While it's not Anthem related seemingly (I bet it is), I have to dance on some others' misery. Others' who are making me miserable in recent years:

One of comments:
So Red Dead Redemption 2, Spider-Man, Far Cry 5, God of War 2018 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey (as well as almost Mario Odyssey even though it came out in october 2017) all beat Battlefield 5 in 2018 despite the fact that they are all primarily single-player games and that some of them have no Multiplayer mode. So what is EA response to that? ''Battlefield 5 failed cause we put too much effort in the single-player campaign instead of the Battle Royale''.
The same will go for Anthem, no singleplayer only mmo.

2018-01-11-amd_corpse_run_18_01_11.gif
f

Battlefield 5 had more problems then just sales. It had more to do with bad marketing & clueless developers. If you read the news last year you will see why it didn't sell.

Cba to read news about numerous mmos, sorry.
You still didn't add the breaking news EE milk'em rubbish is coming to consoles, how come?

Is Anthem an MMO now ?

I'm not surprised. Fits perfectly into EA's plan, not to publish any offline single player games anymore.

I'm not surprised. Fits perfectly into EA's plan, not to publish any offline single player games anymore.
Well EA's CEO claims Single Player games are dead, and gamer's have no idea what they want. Hence we get mobile sequels and Online games. Remember we're lemmings.

So Red Dead Redemption 2, Spider-Man, Far Cry 5, God of War 2018 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey (as well as almost Mario Odyssey even though it came out in october 2017) all beat Battlefield 5 in 2018 despite the fact that they are all primarily single-player games and that some of them have no Multiplayer mode. So what is EA response to that? ''Battlefield 5 failed cause we put too much effort in the single-player campaign instead of the Battle Royale''.
Brilliant. Like stating they have beaten all battle royale products.

It takes a lot of will to indulge into thinking that BF 5 would have been saved by a deeper SP campaign.

Kind of people who are so insecure they require everything to be centered of themselves. When they got when they looked for, they moved to the next thing that makes us insecure.

Back
Top Bottom