The Outer Worlds - Review Roundup

Yes, BioShock, that is what I meant. It was a big game and very popular.

Eurogamer - "Fades very quickly from the mind."

Gamespew - "It’s just a shame that you spend so much time running though environments that feel deader than Fallout’s wastelands."

Even the retarded reviewers are finally coming round to seeing how boring, soulless & empty these modern Open World games are now.

The game even looks like it's already been done a million times before.

Fuck that. Might pick it up in 3-4 years time at around £5 if there's a gaming drought.

I find any game involving corporations as a focus or theme pretty boring, to be honest.
So Deus Ex Human Revolution is a boring game. :)

First time I hear it but then again I found some titles cherished by RPGwatch community utterly boring, for example Dragon Dogma. A matter of tastes I guess.
Yes, BioShock, that is what I meant. It was a big game and very popular.
You do realize I've waged a war against dartagnan about that title? :D
Yea… To me it's a worthless piece of s, to him it's 10/10 unprecedented masterpiece. ;)

Eurogamer = if it's not console (any) exclusive, spit on it even if it's the game of a century.
Eh? Neverheard.
Oops… You forgot it. Or perhaps not, I mean there is an additional sentence in that post…

-----

Anyway, a spoiler about a certain ingame trait from a spoiler article on PCGN, that easily applies on this thread and more :evilgrin:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-outer-worlds/flaws
Paranoid

Personality Attributes -1

“Repeatedly getting caught by guards in Restricted Areas has made you jittery, doubly so when roaming around Restricted Areas or sneaking.”

If you’d like to be as dull as dishwater simply make some ruckus in Restricted Areas.

Last edited:
I feel like this game is 76 times better than the last game of similar setting I played.

So Deus Ex Human Revolution is a boring game. :)

First time I hear it but then again I found some titles cherished by RPGwatch community utterly boring, for example Dragon Dogma. A matter of tastes I guess.

You do realize I've waged a war against dartagnan about that title? :D
Yea… To me it's a worthless piece of s, to him it's 10/10 unprecedented masterpiece. ;)

Eurogamer = if it's not console (any) exclusive, spit on it even if it's the game of a century.

Eh? Neverheard.

Oops… You forgot it. Or perhaps not, I mean there is an additional sentence in that post…

-----

Anyway, a spoiler about a certain ingame trait from a spoiler article on PCGN, that easily applies on this thread and more :evilgrin:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-outer-worlds/flaws
Paranoid

Personality Attributes -1

“Repeatedly getting caught by guards in Restricted Areas has made you jittery, doubly so when roaming around Restricted Areas or sneaking.”

If you’d like to be as dull as dishwater simply make some ruckus in Restricted Areas.

Of course you would reply, It's always you and your other 2-3 troll accounts. Always defending pathetic games for no reason. You hating codex so much but at the same time you spy their forum [removed insult]. And how do you know that I'm not the same person, are you an internet clairvoyant? Let people express their opinion and don't pretend the butthurt defender every fucking time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, which are joxers 2-3 troll accounts? I'd have said he's a pretty recognizable poster. :biggrin:

Even the retarded reviewers are finally coming round to seeing how boring, soulless & empty these modern Open World games are now.

Is The Outer Worlds really an open world game? From what I see and read, it looks like it is based on smaller zones and maps. I can't really judge the quality of the game yet, but using it as an example for potentially boring open world games may be somewhat off.

Uggh, who'd have thought I'll touch someone's wrong spot.
Back to the drawing board, one of these days I'll find their G spot, mark my words! :D

Wisdom is confirmed joxer troll duplicate account.
LuckyDay and Ripper also confirmed as joxer duplicate troll accounts.

Ripper also confirmed as joxer duplicate troll accounts.

Funny you should mention @Ripper; , he's been quite absent from the site for what must be a record length of time for him. My guess is that he got trapped on a political discussion board somewhere out there when someone asked him to describe the nature of Brexit and just what exactly the British people want. I believe this caused the internal pressure on his brainstem to collapse and his cognitive abilities found themselves dripping out of his ears. Last I heard he's at St.Bartholemew's, a residence for the unintentionally lobotomised, sitting almost comatose in a wheelchair in the corner of his room constantly but barely audibly mumbling over and over the phrase "well that's where you're wrong, the reason for Brexit is..." at which point he then infinitely repeats the sentence.

Yea Yea - but why speculate when all you have to do is wonder over to the general rpg forum where he stated his reason for a vacation. It is actually far more productive than some random bogus speculation. Hint: it has nothing to do with politics or anger.

Funny you should mention @Ripper; , he's been quite absent from the site for what must be a record length of time for him. My guess is that he got trapped on a political discussion board somewhere out there when someone asked him to describe the nature of Brexit and just what exactly the British people want. I believe this caused the internal pressure on his brainstem to collapse and his cognitive abilities found themselves dripping out of his ears. Last I heard he's at St.Bartholemew's, a residence for the unintentionally lobotomised, sitting almost comatose in a wheelchair in the corner of his room constantly but barely audibly mumbling over and over the phrase "well that's where you're wrong, the reason for Brexit is…" at which point he then infinitely repeats the sentence.

Last edited:

Gamespew - "It’s just a shame that you spend so much time running though environments that feel deader than Fallout’s wastelands."

The game even looks like it's already been done a million times before.

Fuck that. Might pick it up in 3-4 years time at around £5 if there's a gaming drought.

I can cherry-pick reviews too.

"The Outer Worlds finds brilliant and fun ways to blend signature aspects of well-known series like Fallout and Mass Effect; it is a space adventure featuring a likable cast and an irreverent-yet-dangerous frontier, with entertaining gameplay bridging the gaps."

"It provides a well-realized, organic universe to explore and allows you the freedom to choose your way through gorgeous environments and complex conflicts."

"With its sights set squarely on player choice, Obsidian delivers a brilliantly crafted sci-fi adventure that's packed with witty writing, great characters, and a fantastic degree of freedom. Add solid combat and rewarding exploration to the mix, and you've got the recipe for an RPG that begs to replayed time and time again."

Yea Yea - but why speculate when you have to do is wonder over to the general rpg forum where he stated his reason for a vacation. It is actually far more productive than some random bogus speculation. Hint: it has nothing to do with politics or anger.

:D Indeed.

Just out of curiosity, which are joxers 2-3 troll accounts? I'd have said he's a pretty recognizable poster. :biggrin:

Try to find it for you self, do you need a walkthrough even for this? LOL
And no, he's not a recognizable poster, he's a recognizable poor troller.

So... no comment on the "open world" thing? As expected.

Awwww the baby is crying, why so nervous, cmon, I'll give you a hug.

Meh, this is boring. Lemme return to the topic.
Current metacritic average is 82/100 which would mean the game is a bit worse than New Vegas. But then there are consoles' reviews also there, both average at 85/100. ;)

Dunno if there is any review out there with a numeric score lower than 6/10, so here's one 6/10 (in fact 3/5) from VG247:
https://www.vg247.com/2019/10/23/outer-worlds-review/
The Outer Worlds serves a need and fills a gap very neatly at the end of this console generation. The charm of The Outer Worlds lends itself to water-cooler tales and other moments to share, and certainly more than one playthrough adopting alternative styles. It’s safe, but very welcoming. I can even see it developing into sequels if Microsoft chooses to support it and the fans embrace it, which I have no doubt will happen – some games are just made to cosplay. For those that were disappointed with Fallout 76 going online multiplayer, this is the single-player RPG you’ve been looking for. If you’re hankering for somewhere you can while away the hours talking shit, chuckling and prodding at the locals, you won’t be disappointed.
While I did quote the whole paragraph, stopped reading on the marked part of the first sentence, it kinda disqualifies the whole thing for me.

JDR noted already that user scores will be full of "Epic Store = 0/10" idiocies, but there is a possibility it won't be extreme because, if you're gonna believe it, because of Taco Bell:
https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/23/...-ultimate-free-taco-bell-outer-worlds-gears-5
Last week, Microsoft announced a new promotion with fast food giant Taco Bell. Purchase a $5 box of food online or using the Taco Bell app and you’ll be entered to win an Xbox One X. You’ll also get a code good for 14 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. According to Twitter’s Wario64, if you turn on recurring billing you can extend that to 44 days in all.

Essentially, that means everything on the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games list — including The Outer Worlds, Outer Wilds, and Gears 5 — can be experienced for little more than the price of a taco. Or, rather… whatever a chalupa counts as. Best of all, you don’t really even need an Xbox to get something out of the promotion, since Game Pass Ultimate is good for Windows PC games as well.
Assuming you'll sell your soul to Microsoft rather than Epic. ;)
And to Taco Bell, ofc.

Oh, the comment/quote police has arrived, I'm sacking. Yeah, the quote system is the reason why the Outer worlds sucks, you're a genius Forrest.

The troll wants a hug… LOL. Yeah return to the topic because you don't want me to continue.

[removed insult]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom