Christmas time

What will you be doing over the Christmas holidays?

• A. Playing PC games of course

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • B. Board games, finally

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • C. Binge-watching

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • D. Endless talking/listening

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • E. Preparing lunches/dinners

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • F. Healthy physical activities outdoors

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • G. Going to the movies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H. Attending church

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I. Vacationing somewhere

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • J. Other things

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
E

Eye

Here are two more questions:

1. Do you have a real tree, fake, or no tree?

2. What’s your favourite classic Christmas song/movie?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Fake 3 Foot Tree

images

"I'm Home For Good this Christmas Day"

Right. I have a dust allergy, so no other choice than a tree that was sown and grown to be chopped sooner or later.
I presume you think people eating veggies or putting flowers in a vase should be cut?

1. The real one (locally grown).

2. The old one:

a pibbur who is an old one, but not an Old One. And who doesn't have tentacles (at least last time he checked).

Last edited:
We often interchange with either real trees or fake ones, so either works for me. When we lived on the farm back in the day, often it took a week or more for us to decide on a tree, then to cut it down and trim it so it was house-worthy. As far as entertainment goes, put on some Dino or Sinatra, and let the merry times roll. There will be lots of chatter, and likely a dinner or two out during the holidays, followed by a caravan or three to several different homes.

I think my favourite song is this one:

It took me some time to listen and decide, so I’m curious what you all come up with.

Working a lot lately (including on Christmas) and playing pc games when I have time.

Re: the fake tree vs real tree debate - I grew up going to my Aunt's house for Christmas, and she was very traditional, and always got a real tree that was one of those huge towering type trees and then we would spend hours putting decorations on it.

So I'm partial to real trees, the smell of a real freshly cut tree is just wonderful and "Christmacy".

That said, I understand why some people just get small artificial trees which are mostly symbolic. Because it can be a big hassle to both go get the real tree and set it up, and then dispose it when the holidays are over.

Oh, and I like the traditional Christmas music. One of my favorites is a church song, " Oh come all ye faithful".

Meeting family, friends, neigbours and relatives and gaming.

Family, which should involve plenty of board and PC gaming at some point.

Recently stopped feeling this festive vibes before NY and Christmas. When I was a schoolboy it was quite different but now smth changed inside and NY and Christmas are no special. Like a conventional day (

Hi,
I have a fake tree because we need more trees on this planet, no need to chope them just for Christmas. Christmas is about family and I will definitely spend it with my favorite people.

I'll be out of town, so I won't be playing too many PC games. On the flip side, I'll be doing a lot of reading and not working.

We always have a real tree but there is really no dearth of them in Sweden

i tend to loath christmas at least until after my birthday which is the 21st probably because my birthday more or less disappeared in the holiday spirit and I tended to get x-mas decorations as presents

Ever since I left home I have celebrated my own birthday on the date with a drunken revelry. Since it is the longest night of the year (in the northern hemisphere) the goal is always to keep partying until daybreak. Unfortunenatly I´ve grown old and it has been several years since I last managed, at least without cheating with other chemicals and I´m getting too old for those as well

I will travel to my mother help her buy a tree and make special christmas biscuits that are a pain in the *** because you have to hold something like a cast-iron wafflemaker over an open flame
950762.jpg

goran-jarn-angelholm-7162849.jpg

They taste really good though

After that I will go back home and hate christmas even more until I have had my drunken party. (One nice thing is that a lot of friends from all over the world usually turns up since it is the one time of the year they are back in sweden)

I will go home to my mother again on the 24th and will actually have a really good time
and I will only have to get presents to my nephews and nieces and they are easy at least so far

Oh and I will cook a lot because that is what I am good for

Last edited:
1. No tree most of the time, just lots of winter decoration.

2. My favorite is Carol of the Bells, followed by O Holy Night, preferably sung by a gospel choir. I also have fond memories of this one:

Ah, yes, lovely song. First time I saw its video, though the video is not that old, is it?

This one is also veeery nice (according to youtube voted best all time christmas song in the UK):

a pibbur who refuses to comment on other UK votes.

PS. BTW: One activity that is specifically missing in the poll: I'm going to finish learning Python. DS.

1. No tree at all for a long time. The last tree was a real one and it was not chopped down but bought in a pot. Afterwards, we planted it in the backyard and it's still going strong. It's almost as tall as our house.

2. Home Alone 1 and 2. Not a traditional "Christmas movie" but I chose them mainly because they are one of my favorites from when I was a kid and they play them on TV around Christmas where I live.

As for the poll, I chose "play PC games" and "something else". I plan on getting shitfaced with friends at night and playing games in the meantime, while I'm hungover :D

Fake tree and we have been using it for 4 years in row now. We are not Christians and never really had Christmas tree in the house before but always taken part in the festivities. However after the birth of our daughter, the wife decided we will go big on Christmas hence the new tradition of Christmas tress etc :) We are even planning to go to Church on Christmas day this year. The little one loves the whole thing and now helps her mother decorate the tree and its fun for me to watch mother and daughter argue as to how to decorate the tree!

I was hoping to play the upcoming new expansion of my favourite MMO, Everquest2, during the breaks but somehow I doubt I will be allowed and it will be going to people house and then talking to them!

Back
Top Bottom