Wasteland 3 - Gets two DLCs

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Brian Fargo tweeted some days ago, that two expansions will be added to Wasteland 3. The Battle of Steamtown will be released on June 3:

There will two expansions in total for Wasteland 3 and we add content into Ranger HQ and provide extra audio throughout the main game to increase reactivity. Plus, we added quite a few more songs for the game. We hope you enjoy...
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

So one DLC was cut content wonder if the second was cut content a well? Don't mind me just being an ass as usual, so move on and ignore my comment everyone.:movingon:

I haven't seen it stated anywhere that it was cut content, but I guess that's probably not something they would want people to know. Still, I don't see anything that indicates it was cut.

Last edited:
It was cut from the main release don't know the reason why but it was.

Link - https://wasteland.fandom.com/wiki/Steeltown
Steeltown was one of the most important and largest locations to not make the cut. Steeltown also had a variety of endings.
The information has been available since it was released.

Things get cut and I get that and accept that, but Wasteland 3 was kind short in general and short on population centers in particular, so this annoys me more than usual.

Things get cut and I get that and accept that, but Wasteland 3 was kind short in general and short on population centers in particular, so this annoys me more than usual.
Fully agree they gave players a big open world map you roamed with a vehicle but not many locations to visit. Don't know if it was deliberate or development was just slow.

At least now we get to play it as a paid DLC!

Cus the launch alone with the fake advertised co-op mode that never really worked and multiple game-breaking bugs wasn't a scam on its own.

Gosh I swear I keep saying WL3 is a good game I played at a wrong time, but inXile really dropped the ball with how they delivered the whole thing. It's going to take a hell of a lot of good stuff coming from them to repair the way I see that studio.

This game obviously wasn't ready to be released when it was.

I suspect the crafting system they're implementing in the next patch is another thing that was originaly planned a long time ago.

Last edited:
Ha lack of resources you had extra funding by Microsoft and a couple of delays to get the game finished. Look I don't want to be that asshole but the facts speak otherwise.:(

Wasteland 2 felt like a bigger game with more content compared to Wasteland 3.

@Nereida; whats your opinion.

I'd heard that from a few folks, namely that this wasn't near ready when it first launched, that and the experience with the second game of the series kept me well at bay during that time. I'm slowly coming around to the idea of just waiting until all the content is there, then enjoying it at my leisure. Less stress and whatnot.

Ha lack of resources you had extra funding by Microsoft and a couple of delays to get the game finished. Look I don't want to be that asshole but the facts speak otherwise.:(

Wasteland 2 felt like a bigger game with more content compared to Wasteland 3.

@Nereida; whats your opinion.

I liked better the scope in Wasteland 2 too, it felt like a more solid and fulfilling plot in general. WL3 felt pretty contained in comparison, almost like a DLC, really. That said I found the combat mechanics to be more engaging in WL3.

Both games launched in a quite buggy state, though WL3 got me really hard as it made a selling point out of the co-op mode, which was unplayable, and then I was unlucky enough to discover/be hit by a gamebreaking bug that had me restart the game about 15 hours in. WL2 in comparison had me suffer through some bugs, but none actually prevented me from playing the game (though I heard horror stories about restarting 20 hour deep games because of plot quest bugs, luckily I never met those myself).

In general, I thnk I'm just a bit bitter still by how recent is in my mind the way WL3 shot its own foot to make a fair judgement, but right now I'd still qualify WL2 a superior game in many aspects, especially all the aspects that make a game into a great RPG. WL3 had superior combat mechanics, and that's it.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find cases where developers have finished part of a game only to pull it out with the purpose of selling it separately - I'm sure it has happened, but things tend to get designed either as DLC from the beginning, or axed for not fitting into the schedule or tone of the game in some way.

There was some discussion here recently about a certain game where they definitely did this: Dragon Age 2.

Fully agree they gave players a big open world map you roamed with a vehicle but not many locations to visit. Don't know if it was deliberate or development was just slow.

They didn't have the manpower to pull the cut content out of their hats. Its a wonder they perfected Wasteland 3 so nicely, after horrible Numenera, trainwreck W2, bad Barrows Deep, cancelled Heist and useless The Mage's Tale. They achieved a 'Miracle of the Blessed Virgin Mary' with W3. Unbelievable, yet its still here!

Well I hadn't heard much negative feedback about this game until I read this thread. Is this a common experience? Anyway, it sounds like it was a good thing I waited.

Well I hadn't heard much negative feedback about this game until I read this thread. Is this a common experience? Anyway, it sounds like it was a good thing I waited.

I played through it at release and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think some people just had higher expectations of what the game 'should' have been...

There was lots of discussion about the state of the game on this site when it released. Nereida and others talked about its bugginess, and the frustrations that came along with that.

For my part, I found it clunky but had few real issues. I was also underwhelmed by it from the start. I think Wasteland 2 was a bigger, better game. I dislike when sequels give you less than their predecessors.

Last edited:
There was lots of discussion about the state of the game on this site when it released. Nereida and others talked about its bugginess, and the frustrations that came along with that.

For my part, I found it clunky but had few real issues. I was also underwhelmed by it from the start. I think Wasteland 2 was a bigger, better game. I dislike when sequels give you less than their predecessors.

Complaints about buginess I just dismissed because I usually wait for several major patch updates before I play. But I suppose it likely wasn't until those were resolved that other significant issues popped up.

Back
Top Bottom