Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Okay, I'm a step further on.

I have found an old e-mail Receipt from GOG telling me that I own a "Noble Edition".

And then I've found a German-language web site telling me which editions there were (the "Noble Eition" apparingly doesn't exist anymore).

Now I can at least compare that with the Enhanced, Royal and Imperial editions ... and wasn't there a "Definitive" one also ?

Edit : Okay, the German publisher allows one to select an edition for the PC platform ... which is good, because it further confirms that a "Noble Edition" at least existed ...
https://www.deepsilver.com/en/games/pathfinder-kingmaker/

Attachments

• Pathfinder Kingmaker Editions.jpg
    Pathfinder Kingmaker Editions.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 37
Okay, I'm a step further on.
It's a bit confusing, those editions. On GOG they do list the Explorer, Royal and Imperial editions. With a big image of "Enhanced Edition", which is actually Enhanced Edition Plus (since the last update in September IIRC). So I think that the 3 available editions are this Enhanced Edition Plus and a variation of add-ons, art, OST, …

And isn't the Definitive Edition the console version? I think so.

I like the "season pass" option, which sounds like a marketing trap, especially in this case ;)

I also believe that the Devinitive one is for consoles only.

As far as I can remember, the "season pas" did contain all foirthcoming DLCS when the game was new.

Okay, I've decided to buy the Imperial Edition. Less thinking. ;)

I noticed ... then remembered ... that Pathfinder has close ties to D&D, right ?
So, I thought, knowledge of (A)D&D would make things easier ...

However, I wonder, what is different between both, mechanics-wise ?

I noticed … then remembered … that Pathfinder has close ties to D&D, right ?
So, I thought, knowledge of (A)D&D would make things easier …

However, I wonder, what is different between both, mechanics-wise ?

Yes, Pathfinder branched out of D&D 3.5E, the first edition is a modification of it. They're not much different but Pathfinder didn't follow all the modification that D&D received in 4th and 5th editions. (there is a Pathfinder 2E too, but Owlcat Games are using the 1st)

Pathfinder has a more complicated description of the rules, it's specified in more details than D&D. D&D leaves much more up to the DM to decide.

I think that 5E differs mostly with penalties when the character is not proficient with armours and weapons. The different types of actions are organized differently (action, bonus action, reactions, interactions), maybe there Pathfinder is a bit simpler.

They've also introduced concentration in D&D, so that your wizard or your cleric can only maintain one concentration spell active at any moment: if a cleric casts bless, he cannot spawn spiritual weapon without ending bless. Not all spells require to maintain concentration, some of them can still be cast without interrupting bless, for ex.

EDIT: Oh, and 5E has the advantage / disadvantage system, it wasn't there in 3.5, I don't know about 4E. Pathfinder is not using that.

Last edited:
Thanks. So, my knowledge of DDO comes in handy here. :)

Thanks. So, my knowledge of DDO comes in handy here. :)
Once you know one, you should be at ease with the other. Except they're similar but different, sometimes I'm confused when I switch between Pathfinder and D&D :D

But I read that DDO is based on 3.5, is that correct? That'd be even closer, the purpose of Pathfinder was to "fix" a lot of issues in 3.5 but I'm not familiar enough with it to comment. I retrieved that, however: https://rpg.stackexchange.com/quest...es-between-the-rules-of-dd-3-5-and-pathfinder

DDO seems to be somewhat of a mix, but mostly on 3.5 , as far as I can tell. But I'm not a rules man, so I really don't know / can't tell.

Nok-Nok is a bloody beast. As for now, he's putting out twice the dps of any other two folks in my current group. I benched my non-hitting healer for this guy, the paladin can do the healing for now. Stuff doesn't live long enough to do much damage to use anyways, with Eruk and Nok-nok taking bodies to the floor!

Apparingly there has been a new patch released today (May, 27th, 2021 : 2.1.7b).

Nok-Nok is a bloody beast. As for now, he's putting out twice the dps of any other two folks in my current group. I benched my non-hitting healer for this guy, the paladin can do the healing for now. Stuff doesn't live long enough to do much damage to use anyways, with Eruk and Nok-nok taking bodies to the floor!
I never took Nok-Nok with me, except to pay a visit at Oleg's in a Nok-Nok-related quest. Maybe I missed out on something… My usual party was Octavia, Enku, Amiri, Tristian or Harrim, and Valerie. Sometimes Jubilost or Rogongar.

Apparingly there has been a new patch released today (May, 27th, 2021 : 2.1.7b).
Heh, nice. I see it too (on GOG) :)

Are companions parked somewhere when I decide not to include them with my current paety ?

Also I think they offer ALL of them as you exit the city each and every time, you just have to pull someone out and slap in a substitute, if you so wish. At least all the ones you've recruited seem to be available.

Also I think they offer ALL of them as you exit the city each and every time, you just have to pull someone out and slap in a substitute, if you so wish. At least all the ones you've recruited seem to be available.
Yes, every time you exit the city, you can modify your party and include any companion you know, except rare exceptions when one of them is unavailable.

You can also change it en route with the party manager, but the changes are not immediate, it costs some time.

And you can always access anyone's sheet in the capital or in the world map. Very useful to distribute loot and compare equipment.

The only limitation I don't like is that you can't talk to companions anywhere else than in the capital (and Oleg's Tradepost at the beginning) but that's really not a big deal.

Yeah it's not a game stopping thing for me at all. One thing I've learned is you have to also read quests carefully, especially if they are companion-oriented. You often need to have specific members in your party, so plan on gearing up all of them at some point, at least with minimal items so they can function in a team setting.

Yeah it's not a game stopping thing for me at all. One thing I've learned is you have to also read quests carefully, especially if they are companion-oriented. You often need to have specific members in your party, so plan on gearing up all of them at some point, at least with minimal items so they can function in a team setting.
It's quite fun, makes for some variety and team management.

Have you already had the quest part where you have to go alone? ;)
It's already embarrassing because the weight of the inventory is not shared anymore, you have to store all that somewhere and just keep the necessary stuff. Then of course, you're alone.

Back
Top Bottom