What games are you playing now?

Played a bit of Dark Souls 1. Just got past the Taurus Demon, by exploiting running back and forth between where it jumps down from and the tower I climb and then jump on him. I cannot defeat him in open combat. No idea who could. But it's just awful in that tight space.

And after that I went under the bridge where the dragon spews flame, and was stopped by the most annoying of creatures. 3 fucking rats that either kill me outright, or I just fucking die from the poison I contract. God I hate that. I rage quit after that. Also, just before the rats, an annoying spear wielding soldier that won't come out from behind the wall. And if I go after him I just fall off the under-bridge. Or I get caught in his flurry of thurst spams.

Yeah, I'm done with Dark Souls. I tried it, it was all decent until l reached the two gargoyles on the Undead Parish. And it was like I was moving through mud (I was pretty much naked, except for the boar helmet which I thought looked cool). So, I was under the 25% weight capacity and still moved and rolled so slowly. I barely got out of their swings most of the time. Then, when they started breathing fire, I couldn't get out of their way. So annoying.

So, I don't think I have the patience to put up with the clunky and slow controls. At least not now. We'll see. But I have a feeling that the more time passes, the more I'll feel less motivated to go through it.

I think you need a break from that genre. Maybe play a shooter or something. ;)

Yeah, I think I may be burned out on them. Time to take a break.

I'm playing something called Inmate Survival; I think I was hoping for Intimate Survival instead, lol. I'm also playing AreaZ; at least the girl is cute. I'm also playing Invisible Strain. I'm just bouncing between them trying to pick one.

Mass Effect 1 as part of legendary edition. It is probably over 8 years since I’ve played it and I am enjoying it very much. Some nice touches with new version, lift rides, less dark spots in textures etc.

Yeah, I'm done with Dark Souls. I tried it, it was all decent until l reached the two gargoyles on the Undead Parish. And it was like I was moving through mud (I was pretty much naked, except for the boar helmet which I thought looked cool). So, I was under the 25% weight capacity and still moved and rolled so slowly. I barely got out of their swings most of the time. Then, when they started breathing fire, I couldn't get out of their way. So annoying.

I think if I am not mixed up with Dark Souls II, you can summon an NPC to help you with the two gargoyles (you need to be in human form, not hollow to see the summon sign just before going into the smoke screen).

With Dark Souls you can grind to up your health, dex, strength .. etc according to your build. Some rings/shields give you additional health and stamina recovery so use them if you can find them. Weapons normally give you attribute boosts (letters next to attribute for each weapon), so make most of these for your build.

Alternatively, go elsewhere and discover and then return later.

Just a hint: if you encountered a dragon on some tower and you were underneath it, try to shoot the dragons tail and you will get a nice surprise.

I think if I am not mixed up with Dark Souls II, you can summon an NPC to help you with the two gargoyles (you need to be in human form, not hollow to see the summon sign just before going into the smoke screen).
Yeah, I summoned Solaire, but was defeated even with him. I tried rolling out of the way of his halberd swipe, thinking I'm invincible while rolling, but somehow still got damaged. And then I fell to the floor, and it takes forever for my character to get off the ground. Which was just in time for the gargoyle's fiery breath. Seems in Dark Souls you've better be sure of any movement and attack you make, because you're committed to that once you start. It's a different style, and don't think I have the patience for it right now. Even the cool world/level design can't keep me to it.

Just a hint: if you encountered a dragon on some tower and you were underneath it, try to shoot the dragons tail and you will get a nice surprise.

Yeah, I know about that, but that dragon sword seemed like too much of an overpowered weapon.

The name "Dark Souls" was always like … an exercise in manlihood. Of course a game will never have the title of "Light Souls", because that would so totally be unmanly !

RDR2. The prettiest game I ever played.
The name "Dark Souls" was always like … an exercise in manlihood. Of course a game will never have the title of "Light Souls", because that would so totally be unmanly !
I was curious and googled it. Light souls exists! As a parody on dark souls.

I vaguely remember a parody on Myst with the name of "Pyst". I don't think I have seen many parody games, ever. Monty Python's games being an exception, but they are totally a class of their own, too. ;)

I vaguely remember a parody on Myst with the name of "Pyst". I don't think I have seen many parody games, ever. Monty Python's games being an exception, but they are totally a class of their own, too. ;)

Discworld is a parody adventure game based on a book that parodies fantasy conventions, though in both cases still delivers both a good fantasy story and good adventure game respectively.

Discworld is a parody adventure game based on a book that parodies fantasy conventions, though in both cases still delivers both a good fantasy story and good adventure game respectively.
In fact there are one or two sequels to the discworld adventure, all quite good (e.g. Discworld Noire)!

Yes, I've tried them both at the time and more recently, but I find them too hard for me. I'm happy to admit I am not hardcore enough for old school adventure games :D

Currently replaying Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines … apparently been a few years since I completely replayed (or maybe I played in between on Steam and now back on GoG? Who knows?!?)

Was also playing Animal Crossing on Switch, and would put in 15-30 minutes per day, but then it started to feel more like a chore and I was reminded why I have never been ‘addicted’ to those games! Jumped to The Outer Worlds for a bit, going to play Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance when it releases tomorrow.

I really wanted to replay Divine Divinity - and even got an old 2003 WinXP laptop up and running (discussed on another thread) … but it doesn’t have WiFi (and using a USB WiFi adapter doesn’t work) so I had to download the ‘offline installers’ from GoG. Most games work just fine (Arcanum, SoF2, JKII, Medal of Honor, etc.) but for some reason DivDiv crashes on startup. Annoying (tried uninstall-reinstall, SP3 update, driver updates,etc.)

I continue playing to Kingdom Come Deliverance. The game has pretty much hooked me. It’s unforgiving… I’m really thankful for whoever made the unrestricted save mod, otherwise chance are good that I would have given up. I think it’s the most accurate depiction of life in medieval Europe that I have ever seen. It’s adult, it’s dark, and really well done.

A monastery feels like one. Horses are very important and even “shopping” for them is fun. The world is breathing, NPC actually feel like they have a life, they sleep/eat/work. The game is very focused on one specific region of the Czech Republic/kingdom of bohemia and that region is very well depicted.

Yesterdays, I spend a couple of hours just trying to infiltrate a camp. So tough and a bit unfair at time… but in the end, it can be so satisfying :)

It’s pretty much a realistic Skyrim for adults.

Yesterdays, I spend a couple of hours just trying to infiltrate a camp. So tough and a bit unfair at time… but in the end, it can be so satisfying :)

Are you playing on the default difficulty or the Hardcore setting?

I keep forgetting about Kingdom Come. I tried it for a few hours and liked what I saw, but I've never gotten back to it for some reason. It's another one of those games that's been stuck in my backlog for ages.

Are you playing on the default difficulty or the Hardcore setting?

I keep forgetting about Kingdom Come. I tried it for a few hours and liked what I saw, but I've never gotten back to it for some reason. It's another one of those games that's been stuck in my backlog for ages.

Default. It's already very difficult as it is. I would not play it on harder difficulty. Actually, I wouldn't mind if combats were a little easier!

Currently playing LOTRO. I'm in Mordor and just about to enter Barad-Dur. Not a nice place, and therefore in my opinion a very nice place to be gaming.

an incarnation of pibbur who appreciates the drearier details of (virtual) life.

Back
Top Bottom