Wave of Darkness - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Dreamatrix released Wave of Darkness on Steam today:
Wave of Darkness invites you to a huge dark and gritty fantasy world which can be explored the way you want and whenever you want. Tired of killing monsters and solving quests on the east? You can go north and explore the region of Klesabia, Macabon or Ealonia, slay northern monsters … generally do whatever you desire.

Wave of Darkness is not your average casual action RPG. It is tailored for fans of hardcore old-school RPG titles, offering massive dark and gritty fantasy world which will challenge you at every step. The world of Narr is corrupted by the Dark Magic, and you will have to do your best to free land from this malicious deviance.

While most RPG titles offer very limited area for you to explore, restricting it by invisible walls, or simply with various design solutions, Wave of Darkness enables you to wander everywhere, and whenever you wish to do so. Of course, you can follow the strict path of the plot, and complete quests until you finish the game, or you can explore every bit and corner of Narr, meet various NPCs, complete side quests for them, and fight dangerous monsters. WOD offers 70+ hours of gameplay.

So you decided to start the game by creating a sword wielding character, but after a while you realize swords aren't really your thing. Wave of Darkness enables you to combine and experiment different character classes, which means you can have a powerful melee/ranged or ranged/magic character, even if you made a mistake by choosing a character class that doesn't fit your RPG affinities, without the need to start the game all over again. WoD enables you to combine, explore and experiment with character classes however you want, without limitations. But it's still recommended to keep in mind the basics of RPG, so try to create solid and meaningful characters because the game will definitely challenge you.

And guess who did the narrator for the tutorial? - good ol' crpgnut!

Moving and looking around:

Spell Crafting:

Character generator and more:

-> Soundtrack

More Information.

Interesting. Thanks, will keep and eye on it.

Everything looks the same as in Legends of Dawn. Hope this will not be as boring. Thanks crpgnut

Solid, but not spectacular. I got the most fun out of it by messing with the spell system. One good thing is that the monsters aren't your everyday orcs and goblins. Quite a bit of creature variety; especially for an indie.

I should point out that all of my work on the game was volunteer-based. I won't make a dime if you buy it :) I just did a few voice overs for the English version.

The game is worth the $20 price tag, but it won't go on your top 10 list of all time. There have been several updates since I last played it too, so it should be an even better value than when I played. I mostly bought the game and helped the team to reward Iggy and the gang for their presence here at RPGWatch. I love it when the indie guys post frequent updates on our site. That has value to this nut :)

I backed this on kickstarter but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add this to my steam library. I logged into Dramatrixs' website but can't seem to find anything.

If you have your code, you just click on Game in the Steam menu at the top and then choose Activate a Product on Steam and type it in the box below.

I backed this on kickstarter but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add this to my steam library. I logged into Dramatrixs' website but can't seem to find anything.

Simply activate the code on Steam, and Wave of Darkness should start downloading.

If you have any troubles, PM me.

Simply activate the code on Steam, and Wave of Darkness should start downloading.

If you have any troubles, PM me.

I guess my problem is I don't have a code to activate. Where do I get the code?

Back
Top Bottom